ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Park and Loop...Lapsing ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park and Loop...Lapsing ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Big Daz wrote:I'm not looking forward to this P and L revision malarkey :hmmmm :pray :sad: :sad:

Our big office in the cluster has now gone live, the reports filtering into my D/O are not exactly inspiring!

Another D.O in the wider branch area has had its revision pulled as RML cant afford the training hours.

Im not surprised RML went for self starters as they obliviously wanted a quick saving which they would not get from P and L revisions taking a lot longer than envisaged.
I think I would be preparing myself for the worst BD, because sooner or later it'll be your turn - there's no way a self starter revision is going to make the savings the DM revisions make. Take bulk deliveries - we had 10 we now have 4 and the reason for that is the P&Ls pick up the firms, large parcels, tracked and specials formerly done by bulk duties. The ancilliary costs like transport, trolleys etc have been figured from the start - necessary? - probably not but that was the price of a company wide plan.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Park and Loop...Lapsing ?

Post by Big Daz »

I'm prepared, but I think the vast majority of the D.O are in a for a rude awakening.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park and Loop...Lapsing ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Big Daz wrote:I'm prepared, but I think the vast majority of the D.O are in a for a rude awakening.
They certainly will! Especially if they have a little part time job, the start hours in our DO range from 0500 to 0900 and that's over a whole range of full/part time hours. Full timers can start as late as 0840 - they have their duty prepared by their partner, they tie up, deliver, return to the depot with the partner who has finished his/her duty and then loads up with parcels from the HCT deliveries.