ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Don't you just love it when...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gremah
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 14:05
Gender: Male

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by gremah »

I Put all packets behind side fence gate or bin always have always will
johnnyp
Posts: 5239
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: SE ENGLAND

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by johnnyp »

gremah wrote:I Put all packets behind side fence gate or bin always have always will


Naughty Naughty :no no
I would stop this at once if i were you as this is wrong,you should be leaving a 739 if the customer is not in,the only exception is if a customer has requested in writing to the Dom for items to be left in a safe place.
You could find yourself up for failure to safeguard customers mail under the conduct code which could result in your dismissal.
happyhippo
Posts: 105
Joined: 02 Aug 2010, 17:47
Gender: Male

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by happyhippo »

johnnyp wrote:
gremah wrote:I Put all packets behind side fence gate or bin always have always will


Naughty Naughty :no no
I would stop this at once if i were you as this is wrong,you should be leaving a 739 if the customer is not in,the only exception is if a customer has requested in writing to the Dom for items to be left in a safe place.
You could find yourself up for failure to safeguard customers mail under the conduct code which could result in your dismissal.
i seriously doubt it Royal mail dont care about customers mail plus they are short staffed as it is, cant afford to let anyone else go at my place. we are at breaking point when good efficient staff who cut corners and claim as little overtime are concerned. if caught or complained about would probably just be given a warning and never mentioned again
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

johnnyp wrote:
gremah wrote:I Put all packets behind side fence gate or bin always have always will


Naughty Naughty :no no
I would stop this at once if i were you as this is wrong,you should be leaving a 739 if the customer is not in,the only exception is if a customer has requested in writing to the Dom for items to be left in a safe place.
You could find yourself up for failure to safeguard customers mail under the conduct code which could result in your dismissal.
johnnyP - Don't worry about Gremah he is not here to debate or pass on hard earned knowledge. He gets his kicks from stiring things up and it has been noted.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by Dorset Plodder »

How long have you got to spare? My Office will normally pay the OT for any Protracted delivery, and I'm not bothered about getting some extra cash...Therefore I always fill out the 739s, there's no point in gaining time by potentially dropping myself in the crap!

I find the ring..knock...ring...knock...ring..knock (as you're writing the 739 out) method works well. :Very Happy Combine this with Pushing the mail through as soon as you get there (so they know it's not the Police) and even writing LOUD MUSIC on the card if applicable! (Stops them moaning that they were in).

If some answers the door after I've written it out I normally tear it up in front of them and ask them to put it in their bin! Just in case they don't realise they've pissed me off. If a courier's left anything on the doorstep I sometimes write Not Left by Royal Mail on it (again to stop any complaints). I can waste loads of time doing this! :dance
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by eastie »

I get pissed off sometimes when people moan about waking them up at 11am , lazy gits.
I say to them "If you want to stay in bed all day dont order off ebay then"
Another one is, "wheres my bank statement, the bank said they posted it yesterday"
I tell them it comes via TNT business post and they give it to us to deliver about 3 days later to save the bank money.
Tell your bank to put a stamp on it and you will get it next day. That shuts them up :nana
gremah
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 14:05
Gender: Male

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by gremah »

TrueBlueTerrier i will say what i like when i like thankyou very much........ it has been noted ? lol get off your high horse, and wind your neck in son, its a forum opinions are like arseholes everyone has one x :cool
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by Stormproof »

gremah wrote:TrueBlueTerrier i will say what i like when i like thankyou very much........ it has been noted ? lol get off your high horse, and wind your neck in son, its a forum opinions are like arseholes everyone has one x :cool
Don't you mean every forum has an arsehole? :cuppa
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
johnnyp
Posts: 5239
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: SE ENGLAND

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by johnnyp »

:funneh
Stormproof wrote:
gremah wrote:TrueBlueTerrier i will say what i like when i like thankyou very much........ it has been noted ? lol get off your high horse, and wind your neck in son, its a forum opinions are like arseholes everyone has one x :cool
Don't you mean every forum has an arsehole? :cuppa
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by wiganpostie »

Stormproof wrote:
gremah wrote:TrueBlueTerrier i will say what i like when i like thankyou very much........ it has been noted ? lol get off your high horse, and wind your neck in son, its a forum opinions are like arseholes everyone has one x :cool
Don't you mean every forum has an arsehole? :cuppa
:nana We have a winner. Lock the thread please, anything else is just superfluous.
estelle
Posts: 194
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
Gender: Male

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by estelle »

stormproof, you owe me a new keyboard.

Coffee all over mine now :Very Happy
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by Indy »

robg wrote:manager called near the end of shift saying to redliver tha parcel
Boggle... O.K you take your mobile.... but answering your manager???? sod it, if theres no called I.D* I don't answer when on my walk DOUBLEY ESPECIALLY if anything untoward has happened.

* my manager uses an RM supplied mobile so it does come up but he never seems to answer my calls when I'm being abused by a customer!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

gremah wrote:TrueBlueTerrier i will say what i like when i like thankyou very much........ it has been noted ? lol get off your high horse, and wind your neck in son, its a forum opinions are like arseholes everyone has one x :cool
Correct and that is my honest OPINION so I will keep posting it if I want. Of course it has been noted you have been warned about it - so get off your own high horse obey the rules or suffer the conseuences.

Oh and in case you had not noticed my horse is bigger than yours - I am an ADMIN on this site, and I am no ones son least of all yours I am a Bastard in the legal sense and if needs be I can one on here as well. :mad :mad :mad
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Oh and in case you had not noticed my horse is bigger than yours - I am an ADMIN on this site, and I am no ones son least of all yours I am a Bastard in the legal sense and if needs be I can one on here as well. :mad :mad :mad
:chuckle :chuckle I never expected you to pull the 'mine in bigger than yours' line but :chuckle :chuckle .............and come over the the naughty room so I can check :nervous :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
gremah
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 14:05
Gender: Male

Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by gremah »

Sorry to hear about you being a barstard :cool