ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Am I going to get SACKED?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by POSTMAN »

Mullet wrote:I wish lol
Rule of thumb,if you break anything,get into work then go out on delivery for a while. :whistle :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by POSTMAN »

Lateagainpostie wrote:I've got a stage 3 looming in the next couple of weeks, when I had my stage 2 the DOM said the paper work from the stage 1 had been "lost" and he couldn't find it, I don't remember having a stage 1 done, I haven't had a back to work interview for the illness that triggered the stage 3 either, have RM followed the correct procedure, and could it get thrown out ?.

Note:
As far as I know stages are triggered automatically by HR from info supplied to them by local management.
HR 'should' have some kind of paperwork for the stage 1.
Make sure all the paperwork is in order,get your rep/area rep on the case.
If you did not have a stage 1 interview then you've got them by the bollox................if tho.

Also you should have a sick record print out every time you have the stage interview,that gives you when stages are triggered and when they are given.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
rogerdawcy
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 18:22
Gender: Male

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by rogerdawcy »

Jumping into this thread, but I've just been told by my DOM that I've triggered a stage 3.

It was for one day off a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure of my sick record (but I don't have much time off) and don't remember getting a stage 2...

Also, no return to work was done after the day off I had.

Can they get rid of me without a return to work being done?

Sort of in a state here.
blackadder
Posts: 584
Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
Location: deep south

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by blackadder »

poor sods on here who have a damn good reason to be ill yet are looking at the sack always makes wonder, why pick on them. pick on the lazy ones who got a hangover after a few winegums. pick on the ones who dont do jacks... to help round the office. you know the ones, sure you got at least one in your office, thats the sort the managers gota weed out. not the honest ones who just either made a mistake or is trully ill. god, you be given the sack for being in hospital soon
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by Indy »

blackadder wrote:poor sods on here who have a damn good reason to be ill yet are looking at the sack always makes wonder, why pick on them. pick on the lazy ones who got a hangover after a few winegums. not the honest ones who just either made a mistake or is trully ill. god, you be given the sack for being in hospital soon
Totally agree as would my lino and DOM but its a case of having to catch 'em at it!
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by DGP1 »

rogerdawcy wrote:Jumping into this thread, but I've just been told by my DOM that I've triggered a stage 3.

It was for one day off a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure of my sick record (but I don't have much time off) and don't remember getting a stage 2...

Also, no return to work was done after the day off I had.

Can they get rid of me without a return to work being done?

Sort of in a state here.
Talk to your rep, get them to make sure RM have followed all their procedures.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by belle smith »

Lateagainpostie wrote:I've got a stage 3 looming in the next couple of weeks, when I had my stage 2 the DOM said the paper work from the stage 1 had been "lost" and he couldn't find it, I don't remember having a stage 1 done, I haven't had a back to work interview for the illness that triggered the stage 3 either, have RM followed the correct procedure, and could it get thrown out ?.

Note:
As far as I know stages are triggered automatically by HR from info supplied to them by local management.
HR ( i think) send the triggers to your managers but, if your manager never issued a stage 1 warning then you've never had a stage 1 because your manager f****d up.
Lateagainpostie, Insist upoon getting the paperwork from your stage 1, the copy with your signature on it.
Phone your area rep if you are dealing with a stage 3. you need them involved at this stage.
dejavu
Posts: 193
Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 16:05
Gender: Male

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by dejavu »

They'll try anything at the moment to get you sacked. I was off ill the other week for 2 days and my boss decided he would pay me a suprise visit at my house to check up on me. He has never done this to anyone ever at our office. He came round and put a note through the letterbox saying he called round but I wasn't in. A member of my family was stood next to the door when the note came through, I was in my bedroom. He never even knocked!! He then reported me to the managers at the main office to deal with me. I know where I stand with him and this company now!! :no no :shock:
lovehunter
Posts: 60
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by lovehunter »

If u work more than an hour then go home it goes Down as a part absence which doesn't contribute to stages, unless a pattern arises. Ie. If u seem to go home on Monday's a lot etc... However with everything in RM a pattern is wot they deem to be. And this could be two in a year. However your first one is ok
parcelboy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 206
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 17:41
Gender: Male

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by parcelboy »

If u had my old Dim i would put money on it .Hope hes not been moved to your place .Walks at 10to 2 likes false tan.Holds the national record for getting posties sacked.Believe me i was one of the 22 in as many months.Difference between him and myself he tells lies very big ones ,i don,t :evil/mad
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Am I going to get SACKED?

Post by krussel »

parcelboy wrote:If u had my old Dim i would put money on it .Hope hes not been moved to your place .Walks at 10to 2 likes false tan.Holds the national record for getting posties sacked.Believe me i was one of the 22 in as many months.Difference between him and myself he tells lies very big ones ,i don,t :evil/mad

He sounds like old "blakey" from on the buses :left:

Which they are re-running on sky. rar rar ra rar ra ra :nana
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........