ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
-
dazzlin72
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 13:56
- Gender: Male
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Unfortunately RM with their obsessiveness towards the conduct code now, i think it is a 1yr warning if you say you have accidently posted a SD by accident without getting a signature regardless of it being a first offence. Under no circumstances say you may have lost the item, or had it in another pouch, you must have SD items in your possession at all times, if not this is regarded as more serious and you face receiving a 2yr warning or ultimately the sack, again regardless of whether it is a first offence. RM have no compassion any longer or understanding, their aim now is just to shrink the workforce at all costs.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Bit concerned by bit in bold... Specials should be given to new posties after six weeks or so?nerradc wrote:Today, I think I posted a special 1pm delivery through the door by mistake instead of getting a signature. God knows how or why but it was a bit of a crazy morning and I guess I just lost concentration. I'm new only been there a month or so, so am abit worried. Only noticed when I got back to the office that one hadnt been signed and i hadnt P739'd it either. I checked and double checked all my bags and also in the van. Nothing there. So i'm guessing its either been posted or its been lost on route on my duty somewhere.
I told the lady who takes all the parcels back in that I think I posted it. She just said OK and marked on my sheet 'POSTED', and said we'll sort it Monday. I was abit late back then normal and no manager was around. Also its not even my main office I was just covering someone at another office so the whole duty was pretty much new to me.
I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has posted a special by mistake in the history of the royal mail. Has anyone done this before? I don't wanna be sacked or anything. Just bit worried. Hoepfully it will be ok.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Extra OT - swing the hips and flash the lids and hey presto the manager, she gives me overtime .Pinky 1 wrote:TBT ...... would it be possible to list ALL the 'girly tricks' that you have ?taurus88 wrote:Well I've never lost a special either, and what's more I've never lost a special AND I haven't resorted to all the girly tricks that you have. Therefore, I win. What's my big secret, you ask? Fastidiousness. Obsessive compulsiveness. I have a habit of checking all my valuables are on me every few minutes, I'm that kind of weirdo. And I've always got two eyes on those bloody specials, bane of my life that they are.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I have never lost a Special - and i am not boasting. What I have done is get a plastic grocery bag and put ALL the specials in it, then place it into the front section of my pouch.![]()
C'mon, it is a Saturday, and i'm sure no under 18's are reading this![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
You're too modest, TBT
Dressed to kill - slay 'em!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Who sent you a picture of my girlfriend - we do make a nice couple though don't weStraight4ward wrote:You're too modest, TBT Dressed to kill - slay 'em!

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
liamlayor
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 10:42
- Gender: Male
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Any swinging or flashing in our office is a definite no-noReport this postReply with quoteRe: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
by TrueBlueTerrier » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:11 pm
Extra OT - swing the hips and flash the lids and hey presto the manager, she gives me overtime
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
2 Trays, I take it you have a driving duty? My specials for 2 walks wouldn't fill 2 trays in a fortnightfishtank wrote:I have to admit i keep mine in two trays in the back of the van and every time i get out i go through them.
I also keep a list of addresses and check them off as i deliver them.
I have never lost one but i have left one behind in the office before and almost dismantled the van trying to find it and i have made the mistake of shoving a P739 special in the glove box and forgetting about it for 3 days.
To the OP, if you keep the Specials seperate (as you should), how have managed to get to an address and remember to get the special out, then shove it through and just walk away?
-
randompostman
- Posts: 300
- Joined: 22 Apr 2009, 21:24
- Gender: Male
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
I have posted a special when i first started and the DOM asked me to go back and get a sig and they were not in two days on the run so he just said sign it yourself and said no more about. A mate of mine did the same thing a few years back and was sacked even though they never got a complaint from either the sender or recipient, but he was a bit of a trouble maker with the managers. I now make a list with numbers and addresses in order of delivery with a P for packet or L for letter against all specials for myself so i can sort any problems out if they happen again, It never has but they are now always delivered with the first bag and i will go off route to deliver them.
-
R@YAL F@IL
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Ha ha, they sure are lazy stewardsdohnut wrote:fishtank wrote:POSTMAN wrote:Pre 2010 revisions,specials should be on the vans,sore subject tho.![]()
Really I have always taken out specials, saying that the drivers at our place are a bunch of lazy stewards.
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
-
scum_opg
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 28 May 2010, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Re: OOOOPS...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
i think its fair to say that most offices (pre revision) had atleast one driving duty postie that was a lazy F*cker that would use any any excuse possible to take out as little as possible...even when items were too large to fit through the "silhouette"...dohnut wrote:fishtank wrote:POSTMAN wrote:Pre 2010 revisions,specials should be on the vans,sore subject tho.![]()
Really I have always taken out specials, saying that the drivers at our place are a bunch of lazy stewards.
one of the problems i had at the first DO i worked at was that the PHG was more or less scared to put specials onto the driving duties if they (the specials) were just over the size limit.
meaning that you could end up with 3x mobile phone box sized specials on top of your other specials on a thursday... total and utter farce
it was hard enough getting a driver to take out a single packet on a tuesday, never mind trying to get them to agree to take another special