ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

giving up seniority to part-timers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: giving up seniority to part-timers

Post by fishtank »

proper postie wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Royal_Fail wrote: All walks will never be equal so make good ones part time and bad ones full time,you want an easy round go part time mate its not rocket science.
It's not any kind of science it's nonsense if the whole office is scheduled to leave at the same time and finish at the same time...which it should be.
Not really true that there is it chief?
What part of it isn't true?
That all walks should be scheduled to leave at the same time or they should all be equal?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: giving up seniority to part-timers

Post by POSTMAN »

How many revisions we had over the last few years and there are still offices with dodgy walks and the way the office is run is like a scene from wacky races. :cuppa
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
proper postie
Posts: 328
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: giving up seniority to part-timers

Post by proper postie »

I'd just like to take a moment to point out the divisive nature of this topic title.Us and them eh?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: giving up seniority to part-timers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

proper postie wrote:I'd just like to take a moment to point out the divisive nature of this topic title.Us and them eh?
Ehhh - A title is merely an indicator of a topic - it cant be divisive in off itself, only the contributions can be. For example War and Peace - that could be considered a divisive title, but the book isn't unless you read it that way.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: giving up seniority to part-timers

Post by hampshireman »

wheresourmoney wrote:
Royal_Fail wrote:Your not giving up seniority your just miffed that some walks have been made part time duties?

Take a drop in hours if you want them so bad!
Of course we are miffed why should someone be given a full time walk after only a couple of months in the job,yet someone whos shown 8 years loyalty get nothing,you are either a wind up merchant royal,or a part timer.
Is there (or do you have) a problem with 'part timers'?

Walks are not full time nor part time. A walk is a walk. The full/part time element is what is done for before the walk. In my 6 hours I do everything except IPS.

I have posted on here recently that I would find being a reserve (on a 30hr week) funny. Because I could never complete ; even on a light day.

Please don't chastise part timers . It does not help at all.

As a BTW.. I had someone ask me today why I did not do IPS. I had to carefully explain that as I don't start until 08:00 ; I found it rather difficult to manage that.