wiganpostie wrote:Make up your mind, aren't you the one who tells newcomers that the job is a piece of piss and to ignore the moaners? Who's moaning now eh? Ain't karma a bitch.gremah wrote:Im abit worried my left knee is constantly aching after about 6 months doing the job, i don't want to cause any long term damage anyone else suffer with bad knees ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bad Knee
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Bad Knee
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Bad Knee
Thread starter logging on but not posting in started thread. 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Bad Knee
If I'm on a walk with a lot of steps (and some of the country walks up here have houses built on hills with 14/15 steps up to each front door), I put a support bandage (not a cheapo but a mid-price effort) on for preventative rather than curative reasons - and yes it's the right knee (same side as bag carry) - works for me anyway ...
Naturally ... DO NOT carry an overweight bag ...
Naturally ... DO NOT carry an overweight bag ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
wayoutman
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Jun 2011, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Bad Knee
POSTMAN wrote:Thread starter logging on but not posting in started thread.
our DOM is the same.....
he even once mentioned a lump sum tied to the revisions
never mentions it now a days though
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Bad Knee
Two sore feet, two knackered knees (after 4 years). One of the duties I cover is almost totally flat, and it's like having a days rest when I do that one. All the others are hilly and knees constantly hurt. I'm going to have to go to the docs soon.
I did have a pretty sore hip but I have HALVED the weight of my bags. I always make them as light as poss. Adds a hell of a lot of walking but hip hasn't been sore for a few weeks now.
I did have a pretty sore hip but I have HALVED the weight of my bags. I always make them as light as poss. Adds a hell of a lot of walking but hip hasn't been sore for a few weeks now.
-
R5Rich
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Bad Knee
See a physio.
A lot of people over or under pronate when walking (turning over and under on the ankles) this causes undue pain on all the joints. Having your gait assessed you might be able to get some inserts for your shoes to help counter act that.
A lot of people over or under pronate when walking (turning over and under on the ankles) this causes undue pain on all the joints. Having your gait assessed you might be able to get some inserts for your shoes to help counter act that.