HE PUT IT IN THE POST OFFICE ! ! ! ANY POST OFFICE ! ! ! ! EVEN ONE HES NEVER BEEN IN IN HIS LIFE ! ! ! !
Then he drives home ................................
Who collects it from the post office? & does that mean there is a delay! Although I don't recall any mention of leaving stuff in the post office, what about parcels and packets, those too, sign offs, those too, refusals, those too...............big post office.........why not leave the van there?calpsy wrote:Jeez . Ive just read his comment and your STILL asking the same question .
HE PUT IT IN THE POST OFFICE ! ! ! ANY POST OFFICE ! ! ! ! EVEN ONE HES NEVER BEEN IN IN HIS LIFE ! ! ! !
Then he drives home ................................
So someone is actually travelling 35 miles to do a collection for the stuff the other guy has left and then travels 35 miles back to the DORoyal_Fail wrote:I expect he pouches off in local post office and collection driver takes back his notice lefts.
Usually if you leave P739s in a sub...it's because the customer collects from the sub.dvbuk55 wrote:So someone is actually travelling 35 miles to do a collection for the stuff the other guy has left and then travels 35 miles back to the DORoyal_Fail wrote:I expect he pouches off in local post office and collection driver takes back his notice lefts.wouldn't it be simpler to take it back himself and leave the van at the depot.
I'm assuming there is a regular collection from his local post office anyway?dvbuk55 wrote:So someone is actually travelling 35 miles to do a collection for the stuff the other guy has left and then travels 35 miles back to the DORoyal_Fail wrote:I expect he pouches off in local post office and collection driver takes back his notice lefts.wouldn't it be simpler to take it back himself and leave the van at the depot.
I thought the blue pouch system had been discontinued, it certainly has in our office............mind you that would come with P&L and HCTs - everything without exception must be returned the same day for collection by the customer. We would only leave an item at the sub for collection at the customers request which, as I am sure everyone knows, there is a charge. If items are being left for collection for some without charge then that is an issue. The distance the customer has to travel to pick up the item from the designated callers office is of no concern to RM - the customer has a choice - for a fee of course.fishtank wrote:Usually if you leave P739s in a sub...it's because the customer collects from the sub.dvbuk55 wrote:So someone is actually travelling 35 miles to do a collection for the stuff the other guy has left and then travels 35 miles back to the DORoyal_Fail wrote:I expect he pouches off in local post office and collection driver takes back his notice lefts.wouldn't it be simpler to take it back himself and leave the van at the depot.
Gone aways etc can be sent back through the system using a blue pouch.
Tracked might be an issue.
As far as i'm aware undelivered tracked items have to be returned to the parent D.O. for sameday collection.
How odd, we too have many towns and villages, each with their own sub, but there was never a delivery office in any of them and therefore they did not have their own cards. It does seem strange that there is one set of rules for one and another set for another. Some have quite a distance to get to our callers and if they did institute that it would save our callers a helluva lot of grief when the customer turns up after a 15 mile drive to find out the postman hasn't got back.fishtank wrote:The blue pouch system has also been discontinued in our office however we have something like 8 or 9 different towns and villages serviced by our D.O, each with their own sub and each with their own P739 card.
All undelivered packets,recorded and specials go into these subs for sameday collection by the customer.
The only exception is tracked items which are returned to the parent D.O.
This is not done for our benefit as we all return to the D.O. anyway...it is purely for the customer and dates back to the merger of all the SPDO's almost 15 years ago.
We keep waiting for a change of policy but so far it hasn't come.
To be honest...i don't see an issue with it myself.
Well if he did some of the boxes and SPOs it would save the other bloke travelling so far and he could do more. All our rural drivers empty their own boxes and collect from the SPOs on their route.97gaz wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:So someone is actually travelling 35 miles to do a collection for the stuff the other guy has left and then travels 35 miles back to the DORoyal_Fail wrote:I expect he pouches off in local post office and collection driver takes back his notice lefts.wouldn't it be simpler to take it back himself and leave the van at the depot.
No. He pouches off at the local SPO and an hour later the regular collection driver picks it up while he's doing 25 other boxes and 4 SPO's. No extra Mileage involved. It does mean he has to 24 hour his 739s.
TBH I can't see a problem with it. Yeh he saves on travelling costs but it makes sense to do it this way. Nobody in our office gives a t~~s that someone travels in for free. It's just the way it is. And it's costing RM nothing.
Don't you'll get burnt fingers,............ in reality...................I really don't give a crap, I only live a five minute walk from my DO, mind you I still use my carPOSTMAN wrote:I don't understand the Beef here,one office gets this or that the other doesn't all hell breaks loose,one Div gets....ok we'll leave that one.
It will end in tears anyway,someone will get busted for something out of their control,and RM will feck it up anyway.
Playing with fire me thinks.
To be fair regarding the actual topic of the thread it's nothing to do with areas,I 100% know that certain offices round my way,possibly mine will not have the space for the extra vans.dvbuk55 wrote:Don't you'll get burnt fingers,............ in reality...................I really don't give a crap, I only live a five minute walk from my DO, mind you I still use my carPOSTMAN wrote:I don't understand the Beef here,one office gets this or that the other doesn't all hell breaks loose,one Div gets....ok we'll leave that one.
It will end in tears anyway,someone will get busted for something out of their control,and RM will feck it up anyway.
Playing with fire me thinks.Just goes to show though how some areas get treated quite differently to others
You're a boy aint ya lol.I really don't give a crap