ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ignorant tossers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Energie_man
Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 10:32

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by Energie_man »

Without categorising or picking any individual out on the walks that i do,i find in general that the ethnic customers are the most ignorant,had one today doing her garden,i looked and gave her a nice smile and "Good Morning" ...i get back a quick snatch of the mail i had holding out for her! :speak to the hand
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by wheresourmoney »

I dont mind picking on groups,i find that ethnics are the worse for giving xmas tips followed by doctors then members of the clergy, and finally peaple who have pkts delivered every other day and who are never in.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by fishtank »

I find that the more money people have the less xmas tips you get.
I also find that the more ignorant people are...the more ignorant and ill-mannered they are.
Never noticed any ethnic relationship/discrepancy in that.
I suppose you see in things what you want to see. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
POSTWOMAN
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 107
Joined: 30 Apr 2010, 20:23
Gender: Female

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by POSTWOMAN »

bedrock wrote:have you the same as me some totally ignorant and unpleasant customers you deliver to,i deliver to a lot of businesses in the town centre where i have to hand the mail over to the person in charge it really pisses me off when they cant even say thank or say hello,been nearly caught a few times muttering under my breath you wa--k-r and they reckon most postman are miserable sods nat west are the worst couldnt smile to save there lives
on my walk when i press buzzer customers wait on the doors & say thank you - this continues for at least 70% of my walk & am tired of saying -- welcome and cheers.

u r lucky save your energy. lol
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by arnold cheshire »

if you go a house say morning or hello and if they dont reply dont say thanks it works for me
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by taurus88 »

When I'm out and about, I am the ignorant tosser. Not to the point of belligerence, but I am a bit grumpy some of the time. I wasn't like it before I joined Royal Mail - honest!
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by Mr Blonde »

I got really annoyed the other day, a young girl was walking towards me on the pavement with a pushchair taking up the full width of it, so being a gent I stepped into the gutter so that she could continue unhindered. She didn't even look at me or say a word as she passed. I really hope to meet her in similar circumstances in the near future, I won't move for her.
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

Mr Blonde wrote:I got really annoyed the other day, a young girl was walking towards me on the pavement with a pushchair taking up the full width of it, so being a gent I stepped into the gutter so that she could continue unhindered. She didn't even look at me or say a word as she passed. I really hope to meet her in similar circumstances in the near future, I won't move for her.
Lucky you didn't have a trolley, it could've been a head-on.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

I never queue. On the first day of my present duty I went into the P.O with packets and recordeds etc that I hadn't been able to deliver. There was one long queue of customers which split at the 2 service windows. I just walked past the queue without looking at them, went up to the windows and, as soon as one of them was free, gave the guy my stuff, got my card stamped etc, said thank you very much and headed back out past the queue, containing all 3 of the other posties who covered that area! I hadn't noticed them on my way in but I gave them a cheery wave and shouted "bye boys" as I left.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
SF
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
Gender: Male
Location: Midlands.

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by SF »

Nearly got into a brawl today lol..

Had some guy driving up my arse down a narrow country lane. He wasn't behind me long, so I just ignored him and carried on as I knew there was a turning coming up where I could let him go.

As I get to the turning/junction, he beeps his horn. I stop, he gets out in a rage f'ing and blinding saying that he wanted to overtake me as he was going to the hospital. I said SORRY I had no idea.. he calls me all the names under the sun, so I point out that I wasn't infront of him all that long and that if he really was in an emergency to get to the hospital he should have at least honked his horn, flashed his lights or indicated, or something.. Instead of just driving up my arse like a nutter.

He continues in a rage insulting me and acting very aggressive banging his fist on my van. So say "I thought you were in a rush to the hospital, it can't be that important if you are wasting time attacking me.."

f**k off he says, then goes back to his car.

I didn't step out my van, but I must admit, I was on the verge of losing it, even if he would have knocked me out!
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by DGP1 »

SF wrote:Nearly got into a brawl today lol..

Had some guy driving up my arse down a narrow country lane. He wasn't behind me long, so I just ignored him and carried on as I knew there was a turning coming up where I could let him go.

As I get to the turning/junction, he beeps his horn. I stop, he gets out in a rage f'ing and blinding saying that he wanted to overtake me as he was going to the hospital. I said SORRY I had no idea.. he calls me all the names under the sun, so I point out that I wasn't infront of him all that long and that if he really was in an emergency to get to the hospital he should have at least honked his horn, flashed his lights or indicated, or something.. Instead of just driving up my arse like a nutter.

He continues in a rage insulting me and acting very aggressive banging his fist on my van. So say "I thought you were in a rush to the hospital, it can't be that important if you are wasting time attacking me.."

f**k off he says, then goes back to his car.

I didn't step out my van, but I must admit, I was on the verge of losing it, even if he would have knocked me out!
He wouldn't have had a chance to get out of his car with me, I'd have planted him on the spot (I have had several road rage incidents which always end the same way, with people sitting meekly in their cars and I've never even had to raise my voice :chuckle ).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by BELIAL »

You could always brace and anchor on for the suspected child ,then phone the poolice
Bye
gremah
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 14:05
Gender: Male

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by gremah »

DPG 1 your mother must be proud :wink:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by DGP1 »

gremah wrote:DPG 1 your mother must be proud :wink:
:Very Happy Ignorant drivers really annoy me and I can't help but confront them over it. :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: ignorant tossers

Post by krussel »

DGP1 wrote:
gremah wrote:DPG 1 your mother must be proud :wink:
:Very Happy Ignorant drivers really annoy me and I can't help but confront them over it. :chuckle
I know what you mean but its best not to resort to brawl esp nowadays as you could end up getting stabbed.

It sounds like this guy in the post was really on the edge of losing it :shock: If he really did have someone in hospital then he prob not sleeping or worried, mind you most would have simply drove on not wanting to stop.

Ive had a few total nutter in the past that i though were going to ram me so ive signalled and pulled over. Other than that i tend to buy cars with a little bit of poke and if you have someone up your backside who is clearly out gunned then a short spurt of speed normally does the trick and they back off
:dance
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........