ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Just tell them your forego your christmas tip this year, due to the inconvenience

-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
POSTMAN, were you thinking of this one?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
joesmyth912
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 22:41
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
being honest but i wasnt doing it to save me time , i done it to stop the people having to drive 6 miles to lift it plus by the time id of been back to the office they would have had to wait untill monday. but you learn 
-
redruby00
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 28 Jun 2011, 20:40
- Gender: Female
- Location: at home
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
lmhofishtank wrote:Knocked too hard on the glass pane of the door and broke it.![]()
Broke loads of gates and letter boxes over the years.![]()
A couple of garden ornaments and a door mirror...![]()
Random kids toys lying about.![]()
I'm a bit of a clumsy fecker..
i have broken a milk holder.. and kicked a few of them pebbley drive stones at car !!
if you love me, thankyou :) ..... if ya dont... fuff orf.. :)... xx
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
I Broke a customers heart once, I ran off with his wife, she is now my wife beat that one.
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Just a couple of plantpots for me,although i did break the back off a fellow posties letterbox once whilst delivering yellow pages.
On the subject of posting through windows though.........postie in our office posted a small packet through a bathroom window which the customer claimed went straight in the toilet,he put some ridiculous claim in for a watch worth hundreds of pounds which RM rejected and investigated themselves,turned out it was a cheap casio!
Manager said he got hehaw after that! 
On the subject of posting through windows though.........postie in our office posted a small packet through a bathroom window which the customer claimed went straight in the toilet,he put some ridiculous claim in for a watch worth hundreds of pounds which RM rejected and investigated themselves,turned out it was a cheap casio!
-
north london driver
- Posts: 560
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
a long time ago i kicked a bottle of milk which smashed the sad part about it
was i left 20p with a 739 saying i hope you dont need your milk to early.
nowdays buy the time we get out the milk has been nicked.
was i left 20p with a 739 saying i hope you dont need your milk to early.
nowdays buy the time we get out the milk has been nicked.
-
jockstrapp
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 970
- Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Broke my f#ckin heart going to delivery office this morning and every morning I go in

-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Reversed me van into one of those low garden walls! Knocked over about 5 metres worth! Got out had a look around...no-one had seen me so I buggered off sharpish like!!!
Never heard anything about it. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Do job proper.... bongo no understand.... bongo thinks customer wants his parcel...bongo not want to drive 15 miles to nearest shithole...bongo not like braindead callers office moron...bongo think royal Mail is a service...bongo wrong.protect us wrote:You shouldn't be leaving stuff anyway ?? Docket left and continue ! Part of the reason we are in this mess is by people cutting the job up , racing round and dropping off parcels etc on doorstep or in this case through windows ?? Who trained you to do this .... No one should have ! So don't - do job proper ! Rant over
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Dorset Plodder wrote:Reversed me van into one of those low garden walls! Knocked over about 5 metres worth! Got out had a look around...no-one had seen me so I buggered off sharpish like!!!Never heard anything about it.
I once knocked over a bit of a garden wall when my bag caught on it but nothing in your league.................I'm not worthy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
Not everybody has a van or trolley to keep all the undelivered packets. By the time I pick up my last bag I have nowhere to put it, my bag is full of packets. This also makes a mockery of weighing the bags. Max 11kg my arse. It's 11Kg plus all the undelivered packets.dohnut wrote:Why the hell would you put packets through someone's windows?if there not in p739 and move on
Back on topic, I've knocked over many a ridiculously placed plant pot, why the heck people put them on their path, or steps leading up to their door I have no idea. An old favourite is draft excluders placed too high, reducing the hole size. I've forced many of them inwards.
-
london sub
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
I think the two most common things that get broken are gates and letter boxes...they do go through some wear and tear year after year, and sooner or later they will fall apart.
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
I broke loads of ladies hearts when I picked a different walk in the last repick . There again their loss was a gain for the ladies on my new walk .
.
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: anyone broke anything around peoples houses ?
skull wrote:I broke loads of ladies hearts when I picked a different walk in the last repick . There again their loss was a gain for the ladies on my new walk ..
Dick.
David haye got beat easily all mouth I'd have im