ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Uniform

Post by DGP1 »

WTF is going on..................pervy talk and I'm NOT involved :shock: :shock: I really must be getting old when the young whipper snappers are taking over my role :cry


Naughty room is preparing for new entrants :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Uniform

Post by krussel »

DGP1 wrote:WTF is going on..................pervy talk and I'm NOT involved :shock: :shock: I really must be getting old when the young whipper snappers are taking over my role :cry


Naughty room is preparing for new entrants :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Yeah you turned your back and we jumped in :nana

You're to busy winding up Calspy these days :left:

We are going to run out of seats if a photo is posted :shock: :dance
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by POSTMAN »

Hold back with the sexist posts. :no no













I'm 1st anyway,i'm the boss.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
pink panther
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 151
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 14:15
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by pink panther »

Most delivery staff I know don't like the new uniform.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Uniform

Post by DGP1 »

krussel wrote:
Yeah you turned your back and we jumped in :nana :sad:

You're to busy winding up Calspy these days :left: :Very Happy

We are going to run out of seats if a photo is posted :shock: :dance
If the photo is published then I fear for the survival of some of our members :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Gills_Postie
Posts: 61
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 10:14
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by Gills_Postie »

Apart from two drivers no one in our office wears a hi-viz. Its pointless.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Uniform

Post by DGP1 »

Gills_Postie wrote:Apart from two drivers no one in our office wears a hi-viz. Its pointless.
There are specific rules about when to wear the hi-viz and failure to do so can lead to the sack, in the yard, on a bike and getting in and out of the van at the roadside.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Gills_Postie
Posts: 61
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 10:14
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by Gills_Postie »

Ah yes, a couple of lads who cycle wear the hi-viz.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Uniform

Post by krussel »

We are pretty good with HiViz vests in the yard and also on bikes. Our drivers wear them in the vans also.

Cycle helmets not so much. :sad:












Got massive thunder storm here whilst writing this :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
alhothi
Posts: 44
Joined: 01 Oct 2009, 21:07
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by alhothi »

This new uniform is crap the new unisex shirt looks like a womens blouse and the sizing is all wrong, the trousers the pockets are rubbish too shallow if you sit down bits and pieces fall out.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Uniform

Post by RedBagMan »

alhothi wrote:the pockets are rubbish too shallow if you sit down bits and pieces fall out.
Aye - lost the one and only pouch box key whilst on the bus a few weeks ago - now I'm back on same walk - aargh !
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...