Would they work on my 10 year old Nokawoski phoneBettySwollocks wrote:I use something similar -George door to dawes wrote:If any of you have an Andriod phone there is a great free app called Cardio Trainer and uses gps pedometer and your phone internet to give your speed and distance. even shows your exact route on google maps!My walk seems to be an everage of 6.9 miles at the moment but that is for a pre revision city walk
SportyPal - http://www.sportypal.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it will work on pretty much any "smart" phone that has GPS,
theres also Endomondo - http://www.endomondo.com/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
both of these track distance covered, time taken, average speed, etc, and they map your route so u can see exactly where u have been.
and neither use your phones internet, so u don't have to worry about exceeding your bandwidth allowance, they are free to download and to use.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How many miles is your walk?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: How many miles is your walk?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
BettySwollocks
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12
Re: How many miles is your walk?
If u look at the bottom of the web page, u can check for compatible phones,
but if u r serious about your phone being 10 years old
i doubt it,
is it like 1 of these -

but if u r serious about your phone being 10 years old
is it like 1 of these -

-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: How many miles is your walk?
Betty I remember those phones
I also remember the phones that you had to pull the ariel out to get a signal
but I only have a cheap phone that doesn't run any apps...............but it does have a radio
Might have to steal the kids phone if I wanted to map my duty
Might have to steal the kids phone if I wanted to map my duty
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio