ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Our right to a quiet working environment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

CLINTEASTWOOD1 wrote:go ahead punch somebody and get the sack plus a record, and your work mates perhaps think your a grumpy git anyway and will be glad your gone cheers!
I took your advice. It was very satisfying punching the most annoying twat in the mouth. I won't be
getting sacked though as I did it when no-one was watching. First time I've smiled in years. Right, who's next...... :dcfo
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by glenfiddich »

self harming doesnt count Image
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by DGP1 »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:
CLINTEASTWOOD1 wrote:go ahead punch somebody and get the sack plus a record, and your work mates perhaps think your a grumpy git anyway and will be glad your gone cheers!
I took your advice. It was very satisfying punching the most annoying twat in the mouth. I won't be
getting sacked though as I did it when no-one was watching. First time I've smiled in years. Right, who's next...... :dcfo
I hope you were quiet when you where doing it :nervous I would hate for you to have made some noise and annoyed somebody else :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by gb93 »

glenfiddich wrote:self harming doesnt count Image
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by fishtank »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:I won't be getting sacked though as I did it when no-one was watching.
A manager does not need an independent witness to sack you for assaulting a colleague. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
Viewfindergeneral wrote:I won't be getting sacked though as I did it when no-one was watching.
A manager does not need an independent witness to sack you for assaulting a colleague. :neutral:
I don't he actually did anything, I think he just like to say things....................at least I hope so :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by fishtank »

DGP1 wrote:I think he just like to say things....................
So do i. :angel
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dre33dd
Posts: 96
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 19:05
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by dre33dd »

we have 2 annoying ones in our office, i totally sympathise,if it was not for my ipod and personal dab radio i might truly go POSTAL!!
the banal drivel they drone on about is more than enough...
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

You can always tell the guys who aren't allowed to talk at home.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by Stormproof »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:You can always tell the guys who aren't allowed to talk at home.
That is so true. They are the loudest & most obnoxious ones in the office, apart from management of course.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I think some people try to get as much gassing done as they can in the couple of hours they're in the Office. That's before they're off on a sometimes lonely 3 or 4 hours plod! :hmmmm

If your your Duty has a high proportion of normal working types they've normally all buggered of to work and you never see anyone. The "Coffin Dodgers" normally keep out of sight if it's Wet, Cold or Hot! The "Work Shy" are obviously still in bed (I love getting them up early about midday with a packet to sign for). You only normally end up with the village idiot and the nutters who want to talk all day! :crazy:

Having said that we do do have a high proportion of people who talk utter bollocks! :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by dvbuk55 »

Of course the other side of the coin are the killjoys who have a hard time passing the time of day, grunt their way through IPS and wander lonely as clouds whilst working.
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

dvbuk55 wrote:Of course the other side of the coin are the killjoys who have a hard time passing the time of day, grunt their way through IPS and wander lonely as clouds whilst working.
And in what way is that affecting others? Some of us just get our heads down and get on with the work that we are paid to do. In case you hadn't noticed your job description does not mention enjoying yourself and messing around.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by fishtank »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Of course the other side of the coin are the killjoys who have a hard time passing the time of day, grunt their way through IPS and wander lonely as clouds whilst working.
And in what way is that affecting others? Some of us just get our heads down and get on with the work that we are paid to do. In case you hadn't noticed your job description does not mention enjoying yourself and messing around.
People are different Viewfindergeneral.
Your way suits you but you can't impose your way on others.
No one is asking you to join in...the background noise is something you will have to put up with.
To be honest in my opinion your view of how a working day should be with no enjoyment and the nose to the grindstone sounds a little bleak and Orwellian to me. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Our right to a quiet working environment

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:..... and Orwellian to me. :nervous
No. The farmyard noises are Orwellian. :chuckle
The nose to the grindstone is Dickensian.
The management is Machiavellian.
And us? Oh yeah. We are Quixotic.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.