ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

London Dispute Update

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:Wonder if the "job security" includes the 75/25 split, or if that is watered down even further..................mind you that has been eroded since day 1, we were 60/40 and now 50/50. I wonder what that split is now 12 months down the line nationally. We were supposed have job security under the last agreement......
:sad: and under the last one before the last one, amd under the------ for the past ten years!
barbario
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 411
Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by barbario »

fishtank wrote:
dingo wrote: Job sercurity is one of the issues in the national talks and with revealing too much on the London talks we have made some massive strides on that issue.
I'm afraid to say dingo,that the current boards assurances on job security are pretty much worthless.
Not only are they proven liars...they are very unlikely to be in position in 12-18 months time.
The whole dynamic of "job security" changes after privatisation.
Our members are not gullible enough to fall for promises made now that will be meaningless later.
Thats exactly what i want to know before i agree to any deal.
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by bunkerland »

fishtank wrote: Our members are not gullible enough to fall for promises made now that will be meaningless later.
Unless it involves a lump sum that is! :roll:
wandle
Posts: 944
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by wandle »

Straight4ward wrote:I know I shouldn’t speculate
No, you shouldn't.

These are people's livelihoods being fecked about, at the whim of Royal Mail, and you're making jokes about 'bets' on the possible outcomes ? :no no
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by fishtank »

wandle wrote:
Straight4ward wrote:I know I shouldn’t speculate
No, you shouldn't.

These are people's livelihoods being fecked about, at the whim of Royal Mail, and you're making jokes about 'bets' on the possible outcomes ? :no no
You couldn't be more wrong.
Speculation is good,speculation means people are interested enough to speculate,jokes,bets,disagreements are always better than silence.
The alternative is apathy and disinterest.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well it looks like the agreement in principle has gone down like a lead balloon seeing as how there hasn't been an update on the day.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by Glenno »

No further comms will be communicated until a meeting the London Branch`s takes place on Monday.
Give it time DVB its still monday, maybe tue :wave :wave
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by dvbuk55 »

Glenno wrote:
No further comms will be communicated until a meeting the London Branch`s takes place on Monday.
Give it time DVB its still monday, maybe tue :wave :wave
Sorry Glenno, I'm probably a bit premature,..............not the first time I've been accused of that :oops: . Still I had thought if it was the deal of......well you know what I mean, it would have been trumpeted from on high :wave
north london driver
Posts: 560
Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by north london driver »

well there should be some good meetings tomorrow morning.
if this dont come off for union headquaters then it could be bye-bye
from many staff, we are still in shock from the last deal we was told to except.
then we didnt listern then. it will be the usal if it wasnt for the ballot we would
not got this new deal.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by Glenno »

Lets noi forget there are National Issues at stake here also: Pensions, Colleague Shares, Delivery Methods etc lets see what comes out of this .........wunk....wink
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by POSTMAN »

Wunk wink,is that like a new Masons thing?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by drb »

I am telling you lot...they are all Free Masons! (Ha Ha)
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by DGP1 »

drb wrote:I am telling you lot...they are all Free Masons! (Ha Ha)
Imotep is the secret word you need to know :wink: but don't tell anyone you heard it from me :whistle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DGP1 wrote:
drb wrote:I am telling you lot...they are all Free Masons! (Ha Ha)
Imotep is the secret word you need to know :wink: but don't tell anyone you heard it from me :whistle
Image :wink:

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by DGP1 »

PMSL Teebs
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio