No. I did sign for a driving duty once but i found I was starting to turn into a fanny so I went back to being a worker.walkthewalk wrote:ElvisGaddafi wrote:I've been on walks for 15 yrs. I don't remember murdering anybody.walkthewalk wrote:
Punishment should be put on walks for 12 months, he will not do it again. (hope he gets off though)![]()
I think that is called a lack of seniority
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lost a special.
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Lost a special.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a special.
Well said sirElvisGaddafi wrote:No. I did sign for a driving duty once but i found I was starting to turn into a fanny so I went back to being a worker.walkthewalk wrote:ElvisGaddafi wrote:I've been on walks for 15 yrs. I don't remember murdering anybody.walkthewalk wrote:
Punishment should be put on walks for 12 months, he will not do it again. (hope he gets off though)![]()
I think that is called a lack of seniority
-
74tower
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 09:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a special.
i have dealt with cases like this before and have given "counselling" in some cases and 12 month reprimands in others .It sounds like a genuine mistake here and if you have not been suspended it will show that they still trust you to handle SDs so a minor penalty sounds the likelt outcome .
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a special.
fishtank wrote:It is possible if they are charged with Deliberate disregard of health, safety and security procedures or instructions as that falls under Gross Misconduct but showing a "reasonable assumption" that it was a deliberate act and not simply a mistake would be difficult.kello22 wrote: Can they get dismissed
interesting.
then surely a dim can get sacked for disregard of health of one of his employees?
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Lost a special.
Yes, if you can prove it. But so far, no-one has managed to. Although it's high time some of them were faced with the consequences of their actions.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a special.
A lot of people have lost or temporarily misplaced specials. On my first day out on my own, I even door-stepped one, thanks in part to the pressure of being out on my lonesome and more so thanks to the very poor standard of training. It amazes me to think that I am now a 'by the book' postman. I never door-step, never post recordeds, and will only ever entertain the possibility of leaving a parcel with a neighbour if I know they're on good terms AND they request it of me. In terms of specials, I get them virtually as I'm walking out of the door and keep them on me at all times. They're a pain in the rear but that's the way it goes. Most things about this job are a pain.
-
sodiium
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 12:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a special.
Told lino & he says i'm the 2nd one that day. They were the black & white ones...had a few of them( probably concert tickets). Anyway lino says not to worry as probably posted through correct door.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Lost a special.
God they are bad and ive put one of those through before.Lounge Lizard wrote:Might it have been one of those Amazon Special Deliveries, just printed in black, not the usual dark blue ?
I think it will depend if there is a claim /trace made. At the very worse you should only get a serious warning put on your record and a slap on the wrist.
Most of us would have done this before
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a special.
Those two highlighted sections do not go hand in hand, do they?taurus88 wrote:A lot of people have lost or temporarily misplaced specials. On my first day out on my own, I even door-stepped one, thanks in part to the pressure of being out on my lonesome and more so thanks to the very poor standard of training. It amazes me to think that I am now a 'by the book' postman. I never door-step, never post recordeds, and will only ever entertain the possibility of leaving a parcel with a neighbour if I know they're on good terms AND they request it of me. In terms of specials, I get them virtually as I'm walking out of the door and keep them on me at all times. They're a pain in the rear but that's the way it goes. Most things about this job are a pain.
Instructions on the item or official alternative on record at the depot by the customer, should there be no answer at the door.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Lost a special.
Well they kind of do, because no-one has ever asked me to do it in the whole year and a quarter that I've been with RM - hence why I said 'entertain the possibility' because the situation hasn't yet arisen.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Those two highlighted sections do not go hand in hand, do they?taurus88 wrote:A lot of people have lost or temporarily misplaced specials. On my first day out on my own, I even door-stepped one, thanks in part to the pressure of being out on my lonesome and more so thanks to the very poor standard of training. It amazes me to think that I am now a 'by the book' postman. I never door-step, never post recordeds, and will only ever entertain the possibility of leaving a parcel with a neighbour if I know they're on good terms AND they request it of me. In terms of specials, I get them virtually as I'm walking out of the door and keep them on me at all times. They're a pain in the rear but that's the way it goes. Most things about this job are a pain.![]()
Instructions on the item or official alternative on record at the depot by the customer, should there be no answer at the door.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Lost a special.
We all make mistakes at the end of the day. At worst if someone makes a claim you will likely get a suspended dismissal for like 12 months or something along those lines.