Can I ask how the 2 posties go on with your duty when it is your day off, I hope they do not put bag on shoulder, walk under windows leave gates open run round etc etc, if so you do not take the mickey, good luck and stick to your own routine in doing the job how they want you to do it by using the trolley, taking meal breaks, 30 mins WTL, 55 mins over the week checking your van etc
Let us know how you and the other posties go on doing your duty.
good luck again.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
strategy if manager won't accept you cutting off?
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
-
music4essex
- Posts: 717
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: strategy if manager won't accept you cutting off?
Ok I will come in here, be very careful in cutting off and who you talk too in the office if you do,
I am up for cutting off 4 weeks ago, even though I was out 45mins late and could not complete and cut off, I am now being done on the conduct code for being slow, even though no one saw me out on delivery,
Yesterday I had a discussion with dom and at the end said to him that I may not complete in time, can they come and find me, near the end of my duty, a my finish time last letter is 1.15 with 15mins cycle back for Docket left, at 1.15, from 1.30is meal releif which we all take at end of duty,
I rang office to ask where the dom was got a reply out on delivery ring his mobile which I did, I asked where he was by now it is 1.30 and had 3 roads to complete, he said they were in another town (area) don't want to say in case I am found out) any way he said I could cut off, but knowing I was up for conduct code already I did not want to do this, so ended up staying out which took me another hour, and the worst thing was my boy was sick off school and all I wanted to do was get home to him, I went into office and booked the time, the next day and nothing was said, but I don't want to keep going over my time or calim o/T but I am stuck in the middle,
Essex mum
I am up for cutting off 4 weeks ago, even though I was out 45mins late and could not complete and cut off, I am now being done on the conduct code for being slow, even though no one saw me out on delivery,
Yesterday I had a discussion with dom and at the end said to him that I may not complete in time, can they come and find me, near the end of my duty, a my finish time last letter is 1.15 with 15mins cycle back for Docket left, at 1.15, from 1.30is meal releif which we all take at end of duty,
I rang office to ask where the dom was got a reply out on delivery ring his mobile which I did, I asked where he was by now it is 1.30 and had 3 roads to complete, he said they were in another town (area) don't want to say in case I am found out) any way he said I could cut off, but knowing I was up for conduct code already I did not want to do this, so ended up staying out which took me another hour, and the worst thing was my boy was sick off school and all I wanted to do was get home to him, I went into office and booked the time, the next day and nothing was said, but I don't want to keep going over my time or calim o/T but I am stuck in the middle,
Essex mum
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: strategy if manager won't accept you cutting off?
What's the charge M4E?I am now being done on the conduct code for being slow,
There is nothing in the conduct code relating to "being slow".
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: strategy if manager won't accept you cutting off?
This is one of the main ways they get people to work for nothing. Intimidate them into staying out over their time (often without even claiming 0/T) because they're so afraid of being seen as slow. It's also a reason why some, usually newbies, come in early.fishtank wrote:I am now being done on the conduct code for being slow,
There is nothing in the conduct code relating to "being slow".
Start at your start time.
Take your breaks.
Finish at your finishing time unless you're happy to work O/T and are being paid for it.
Don't let managers intimidate you. If you feel that they are then tell them. Over the years I have often had to say to new DOMs ' I feel that this is bullying and intimidation, could you please give me a grievance form.'
Often the mention of the form is enough. Even if nothing comes of it they know it's on their record and every official grievance is investigated.
Then you don't get much hassle til the next DOM arrives and tries throwing his/her weight around, and then it starts all over again.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.