What by pulling a trolleycustard wrote:walkthewalk wrote:What kind of injuries are those matey?custard wrote:our office is about 2 years into P&L
the sickness levels are rising with physical injuries/issues
we have about 9 staff on light duties plus others off sick
foot/knee/back injuries/problems
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Van share!
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Van share!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Van share!
Blimey you have pensioners lugging around 100kg or 32kg shopping baskets - hard bastards are they.walkthewalk wrote:
What by pulling a trolley.......... I see pensioners every week pushing full trolleys around at the local superstore, they get around ok
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Van share!
I think the injuries are more likely caused by excessive workload,pressure by management and misuse/incorrect use rather than the trolleys themselves.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Van share!
Yeah, they're ex posties they had good training as they used to do the duty I am on nowTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Blimey you have pensioners lugging around 100kg or 32kg shopping baskets - hard bastards are they.walkthewalk wrote:
What by pulling a trolley.......... I see pensioners every week pushing full trolleys around at the local superstore, they get around ok
-
A RoyalDen
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Van share!
Hello back on site after a long spell away
An up date from myself..... Van Share has worked well and I have had a good working spell with a few guys ......but then you get someone who spoils it.....you help them etc but oh it is to much for some ...that is when you need the right person with you to have a happy working relationship, after all it is about enjoying your days work and so you need the right partner in doing so.......BUT so could management think different and just give you anyone when it suits them.... then you do not know who you are working with , they do not know the delivery route so you work harder and do more to help the other person get your duty done in time.....You try and explain to management but they do not listen.......No.....
It seems that they want a full timer to have a part timer or casual to work together.......working pal's not allow to work together.....
Are you having this problem in your office ?
An up date from myself..... Van Share has worked well and I have had a good working spell with a few guys ......but then you get someone who spoils it.....you help them etc but oh it is to much for some ...that is when you need the right person with you to have a happy working relationship, after all it is about enjoying your days work and so you need the right partner in doing so.......BUT so could management think different and just give you anyone when it suits them.... then you do not know who you are working with , they do not know the delivery route so you work harder and do more to help the other person get your duty done in time.....You try and explain to management but they do not listen.......No.....
It seems that they want a full timer to have a part timer or casual to work together.......working pal's not allow to work together.....
Are you having this problem in your office ?
-
hauntedpaws
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Van share!
I have been doing P & L now since June. I was displaced when the new system came in so I have become 'spare'. I have worked with quite a few different people during the time, luckily we all got on. Although everyone seems to adopt their different system and habits it all worked out. However, the rounds are too big. Planners even came out with us, followed us EVERYWHERE, timed us. We did everything by the book, ran like clockwork.
Result- 2 loops left in the office and still 55 minutes over......
Did they change it? No...
Result- 2 loops left in the office and still 55 minutes over......
Did they change it? No...
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: Van share!
Why would they?hauntedpaws wrote:I have been doing P & L now since June. I was displaced when the new system came in so I have become 'spare'. I have worked with quite a few different people during the time, luckily we all got on. Although everyone seems to adopt their different system and habits it all worked out. However, the rounds are too big. Planners even came out with us, followed us EVERYWHERE, timed us. We did everything by the book, ran like clockwork.![]()
Result- 2 loops left in the office and still 55 minutes over......
Did they change it? No...