ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
-
Gazza90000
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 02 Sep 2007, 11:13
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
The 1-4 Saturdays is being quoted as aspirational ! ... 
-
sareknees
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Sep 2008, 20:09
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the front door to The Priory
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
Spot on...I too will be amazed if uou get an answer back on that...the bullying that has gone on by RM "management" JOKE - DHeads for the past year in my office is DISGUSTINGbelle smith wrote:The things we went out to strike about in the not to distant past.....here's a cluedingo wrote:Perhaps others on here can tell me what they want the union to fight on considering most on here say they would not support the CWU.We/The union agreed to these programmes being used to in advance of the parameters being agreed, as far as i can see the unworkable targets are management/union targets! which are routenly used to bully staff, which often results in those staff working unpaid either by starting early or working through their M/R.dingo wrote:managements targets for IWT and geo route are unworkable.
Ontop of that dingo the procedures for refusing overtime are an invitation to bully staff, i would like the Union to unilatrally tell RM and there members you we are not employed to manage the provision of the USO. The onus of managing workload lies with managers they must ask staff if they think they will complete on time, if not they must ask the OPG if they would like to work extended or what should be left. anything not completed on time can simply be taken back to the office without accusations of criminality or threats of disaplinery action!
I won't hold my breath.
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
great post belle smith.
I went on strike to tackle those issues I thought, the bullying and harrassment culture, unachievable workloads, punitive sickness system etc etc.
I'd go out again if I thought any of this would be looked at. No hesitation.
I went on strike to tackle those issues I thought, the bullying and harrassment culture, unachievable workloads, punitive sickness system etc etc.
I'd go out again if I thought any of this would be looked at. No hesitation.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
DGP1 wrote:FFS dingo, do you not realise what you're saying, you are again blaming weaker offices for not standing up for themselves, that is NOT what the union is about, it's about PROTECTING those offices![]()
ps. my office isin't getting a revision because they have to put hours in and as for the BSI100, well, the DOM is constantly telling us we're not working to it and that he's being asked to explain why to his bosses.
I think what dingo means is mbrs voting for something they dont have faith in. Neither CWU or RML can make mbrs vote yes to local revisions.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
Don't be so naive Daz...of course they can.Big Daz wrote: I think what dingo means is mbrs voting for something they dont have faith in. Neither CWU or RML can make mbrs vote yes to local revisions.
What they can both do is make the members so terrified about the alternative that they feel they have no choice.
I've seen it done over later WS slots and later start times and that was from a manager first...and then an Area Rep second....almost word for word....and so has belle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
wayoutman
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Jun 2011, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
fishtank wrote:Don't be so naive Daz...of course they can.Big Daz wrote: I think what dingo means is mbrs voting for something they dont have faith in. Neither CWU or RML can make mbrs vote yes to local revisions.
What they can both do is make the members so terrified about the alternative that they feel they have no choice.
I've seen it done over later WS slots and later start times and that was from a manager first...and then an Area Rep second....almost word for word....and so has belle
wasnt that how they got the BT2010 in?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
BT2010 was slightly different...the members were terrified into accepting that because there was no plan b.wayoutman wrote: wasnt that how they got the BT2010 in?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
I doubt they could terrify the mbrs in my D.O
if they dont like they wont vote for it regardless of any national agreement that may make the change legit. They did it in 2004 with SDD. The amount of unhappy mbrs due to the 5 day week. We've lost 5 delivery dutie since then and introduced more PT yet the work still gets done with time to spare for many OPG's.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
I bet if i was to threaten them with later starts and an end to job&finish i could get them to agree to almost anything.Big Daz wrote:I doubt they could terrify the mbrs in my D.Oif they dont like they wont vote for it regardless of any national agreement that may make the change legit. They did it in 2004 with SDD. The amount of unhappy mbrs due to the 5 day week. We've lost 5 delivery dutie since then and introduced more PT yet the work still gets done with time to spare for many OPG's.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
Job and finish is ended, it's just that it hasn't filtered down to the yokels yet, like Delivery Methods, later starts and all those other work practices that are common in large urban offices. There are still the backwaters where the old ways persist, why? because management in those areas are afraid to confront the workforce, remove cycles and replace them with HCTs.fishtank wrote:I bet if i was to threaten them with later starts and an end to job&finish i could get them to agree to almost anything.Big Daz wrote:I doubt they could terrify the mbrs in my D.Oif they dont like they wont vote for it regardless of any national agreement that may make the change legit. They did it in 2004 with SDD. The amount of unhappy mbrs due to the 5 day week. We've lost 5 delivery dutie since then and introduced more PT yet the work still gets done with time to spare for many OPG's.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
Which tier of management are we talking about for DM revisions dvbuk55?
DOM or DSM?
DOM or DSM?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
You'd know better than me.............who decides not to progress, who decides it's meet not to go ahead with BT2010, yours is obviously not the only area to be behind the times. Where would I start? Job and finish - that went out in 2007. Is it any wonder that RM is convinced they can get more bang for the buck?Big Daz wrote:Which tier of management are we talking about for DM revisions dvbuk55?
DOM or DSM?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
General managerdvbuk55 wrote:You'd know better than me.............who decides not to progress, who decides it's meet not to go ahead with BT2010, yours is obviously not the only area to be behind the times. Where would I start? Job and finish - that went out in 2007. Is it any wonder that RM is convinced they can get more bang for the buck?Big Daz wrote:Which tier of management are we talking about for DM revisions dvbuk55?
DOM or DSM?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
Job and finish - that went out in 2007. Is it any wonder that RM is convinced they can get more bang for the buck?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: any other offices been shafted ? ? ? ?
...but it didn't...not everywhere anyway.drb wrote:Job and finish - that went out in 2007. Is it any wonder that RM is convinced they can get more bang for the buck?![]()
![]()
![]()
Has it gone in your area drb?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share