ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
London Dispute Update
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
Totally sympathise Dane. I wonder what their reasons are for signing off stuff? Maybe these people need changing? Maybe their reasons need to be more transparent? How though? (NO! Really! How?)
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: London Dispute Update
Put them all back out on delivery, no rep should be away from ops for more than a year.drb wrote:Totally sympathise Dane. I wonder what their reasons are for signing off stuff? Maybe these people need changing? Maybe their reasons need to be more transparent? How though? (NO! Really! How?)
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
I think we should use this opportunity to come up with ideas. Not sure how to though...Hmmm? Another thread maybe?
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
Thanks Dan, this is about the only thing I've been posting on here about since this shambles went on....Danelectro wrote:But mailmonkeys point is that by the time it gets to stage three the area rep gets involved and tries to forcedrb wrote: We would also require a second meeting 7 days from the date of this reply under the IR framework,in which we would then move to stage 2.
.
your hand and usurp the local rep and get and it signed off,maybe those masons you say are running Royal Mail
are in the union aswellmy H&S rep just signed off stuff in my office last week that aint getting done
i told him this before the assessment but he still signed it off,too many senior reps are not fussy what
they agree to and in fact have a fantastic knack of keeping members and reps at arms length
Div Rep won't even return calls to our local rep now, as you say, "arms length"
I don't feel like a voice in the wilderness so much now anyway, so, ta :)
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
drb wrote:I think we should use this opportunity to come up with ideas. Not sure how to though...Hmmm? Another thread maybe?
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: London Dispute Update
Playing Devils advocate here.....
DPG1
London members didn't recieve the support initialy from the CWU HQ
SO, what did THEY do ?
The London MEMBERS got up and decided to take the fight to RM and pushed for a ballot.
Then the HQ Leadership got involved
Maybe more members should stand up for themself's now and again instead of always expecting HQ to start the fight first.
I could be wrong of course
DPG1
Thats the same as London,lots of other MCs have closed without a peep from the CWU leadership
London members didn't recieve the support initialy from the CWU HQ
SO, what did THEY do ?
The London MEMBERS got up and decided to take the fight to RM and pushed for a ballot.
Then the HQ Leadership got involved
Maybe more members should stand up for themself's now and again instead of always expecting HQ to start the fight first.
I could be wrong of course
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
Spot on Cut Off King. However it is clear that the London battle is exposing decisions made in which is questionable to say the least. I wonder if it is a ploy by the actual employer? Well the divisional rep wages ARE paid by the employer and not the CWU. By the way when this decision was made Mr Ward himself objected to this practice...so I am not the only one who finds this practice...unethical?
I still stand by the original thread. I am not NOT touching Londons work.
I still stand by the original thread. I am not NOT touching Londons work.
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: London Dispute Update
Instead of paying the full time release reps wages directly, couldn't RM make a "employee relations fee" to the CWU
Then the CWU could pay the wages of the FTR reps and there wouldn't be a conflict of interest
Then the CWU could pay the wages of the FTR reps and there wouldn't be a conflict of interest
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
Yep Cut off! It needs debating for sure
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: London Dispute Update
Cut Off, we did stand up for ourselves - disagreements right up to stage 3, then EA imposed, then a strike ballot, then an actual strike but we were alone, one small office fighting on our own with no back up from anybody else. Now can you see why some of us feel the way we do?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
DGP1,I totally understand,and your area had better come up with answers. However why shunt other areas THAT DO STICK together?
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: London Dispute Update
DPG1, I'mm certainly not having a go at you or your office, and I (this sounds like a cr*p american film ) "feel your pain"
I was actualy thinking more about my own unit, People bitching about agreements that I KNOW that they personally voted for, when changes come they bitch about them but still come in early, not take their meal relief, work unpaid overtime and suck up to managers so that they can get in on their day off.
But its everyone else's fault
The rep tells them to work their hours but they ignore this
Then they blame the CWU
Maybe they could for once look at themselfs and their own personal conduct
Instead they think that by paying £3.11 ( pro rata for P/T-- LOL ) It absolves them of all personal responcability
I could have got this all wrong though
I was actualy thinking more about my own unit, People bitching about agreements that I KNOW that they personally voted for, when changes come they bitch about them but still come in early, not take their meal relief, work unpaid overtime and suck up to managers so that they can get in on their day off.
But its everyone else's fault
The rep tells them to work their hours but they ignore this
Then they blame the CWU
Maybe they could for once look at themselfs and their own personal conduct
Instead they think that by paying £3.11 ( pro rata for P/T-- LOL ) It absolves them of all personal responcability
I could have got this all wrong though
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: London Dispute Update
Although I am understandably angry about the treatment my office has got what I mean to get across is that every time London say anything they are listened to and people usually bend over backwards to help them..........................I'm not saying it's true but that is the perception that many have. It doesn't help when reps come on here and blame offices for being weakdrb wrote:DGP1,I totally understand,and your area had better come up with answers. However why shunt other areas THAT DO STICK together?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
Not weak DGP1! Not educated! (Meaning that decisions made on selfish reasons does NOT benefit the workforce,in which is the first priority!).
Last edited by drb on 12 Jun 2011, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
It's a bit like blaming your own knee for being weak.DGP1 wrote: It doesn't help when reps come on here and blame offices for being weak
It's still your knee and it's still you that ends up on your arse if it gives way.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share