What do you mean "slick" ?gremah wrote:Stick with it buddy it gets better give it a week and u will be ok, i been on 4 months and know the job inside out run circles around most of the posties
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
1st day on my own absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
-
baleout999
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: 1st day on my own absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
gremah
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 14:05
- Gender: Male
Re: 1st day on my own absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It clearly say's Stick !! 
-
dman89
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: 1st day on my own absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
today has been my fastest day so far im startin to get the hang of it

-
R5Rich
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Re: 1st day on my own absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you always book overtime?
I started a few weeks ago and a few times I have gone over my hours today I got back at 2:30 was meant to finish at 1.
When I asked about overtime he asked what time I start (meant to be 8) and he said "oo thats a bit early no need for you to come in then". Since starting I do my D2D when I get in, packets, bundle and bag ready to leave at 9 after misorts.
Was told I wouldn't get overtime for a few weeks or more because being new it would take me a while longer than it should do anyway??
I don't mind a bit longer but 90minutes? On a new walk this week and must've had 30+ packets. 21 being in my last street, took 3 bags to do 135 houses as there was so many.
I started a few weeks ago and a few times I have gone over my hours today I got back at 2:30 was meant to finish at 1.
When I asked about overtime he asked what time I start (meant to be 8) and he said "oo thats a bit early no need for you to come in then". Since starting I do my D2D when I get in, packets, bundle and bag ready to leave at 9 after misorts.
Was told I wouldn't get overtime for a few weeks or more because being new it would take me a while longer than it should do anyway??
I don't mind a bit longer but 90minutes? On a new walk this week and must've had 30+ packets. 21 being in my last street, took 3 bags to do 135 houses as there was so many.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: 1st day on my own absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes as long as you follow the guidelines - check the overunning delivery section in downloads http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=18563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;R5Rich wrote:Can you always book overtime?
Garbage - speak to the rep or even try to email them. IIRC the DOMs get a training allowance within their budget for new starters.R5Rich wrote:Was told I wouldn't get overtime for a few weeks or more because being new it would take me a while longer than it should do anyway??
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
R5Rich
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Re: 1st day on my own absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those cheeky gits it was one of the first things he told me.
It has been rare that I have finished early usually 10 minutes before after I have pouched off. This worked til 2:15 Monday (first day on route) just gone 1 Tuesday and 2:30 Wednesday due to sheer volume of packets.
Was told that when I go in everything should be done, packets sorted and D2D in but for the 5 weeks I have been there this is what I have done when I started at 8 (like instructed to). Now was told that was all meant to be done and I was probably going in to early.
Starting work half an hour later isn't going to help me really is it :/
It has been rare that I have finished early usually 10 minutes before after I have pouched off. This worked til 2:15 Monday (first day on route) just gone 1 Tuesday and 2:30 Wednesday due to sheer volume of packets.
Was told that when I go in everything should be done, packets sorted and D2D in but for the 5 weeks I have been there this is what I have done when I started at 8 (like instructed to). Now was told that was all meant to be done and I was probably going in to early.
Starting work half an hour later isn't going to help me really is it :/
-
swoosta
- Posts: 166
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 00:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: 1st day on my own absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone who starts the job now will not be able to cope with it, especially if the office has had the review. 2 postmen sharing a van and 1500 drops with packets and specials - even the long service posties cannot get finished so imagine how it would be if you are new to the job. When people outside join Rm they think it's going to be strolling round with one small bag like the postman in eastenders. Any new starters will probably leave after a month.
-
dman89
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: 1st day on my own absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have been writing MY OT ON paper i got paid it
