im sorry but you really have no idea about the job im taking on, your talking total crap to be fair. how on earth can this job be better than my new job?, i totally hate this fecker. constant shite from managers, constant lasping, 20 hour contract (expected to work over), working every saturday, constantly tired....i could list a thousand other reasons why i think this job is crap, and you think my new job will be worse.....LOL whatever man....jobs at the branch im starting at come up once in a while. i actually applied for the company out of the blue 5 months ago online (no jobs were on offer at the time)and got a call "out of the blue" 2 weeks ago for an interview. my friends been there 6-7 years and im only getting this job as one of the guys is retiring. did you read my post earlier ?, were not talking city drops here, were on about rural locations. anyway, i've read enough of your nonsense.........Tman wrote:"Delivery matters.."really Tman you should know better than to get out of your comfort zone and start talking about delivery matters.![]()
Yeah, like multi-drop delivery jobs in the Real World are in any way comparable with RM's.
Well, they have a van too, I suppose
and an extremely high staff turnover. Must really be a great job then, and I can't think why every pissed-off postie doesn't do it.
.
Why don't you leave and do it too? Possibly because despite the gloom and doom you forecast, you know this is still a better job than the one the OP's off to?
Really Fish you should know better than to etc etc.....Swarfega's use was discontinued years ago in RM. Silly old Fish..Off you pop back to the spanners and swarfega...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job....?
-
internetguy
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Last edited by internetguy on 07 Jun 2011, 19:10, edited 2 times in total.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Well I wish you luck internetguy, I think now is the time to jump ship, pretty soon we'll all be working for a private company and they'll probably sub contract spanner work to the local zoo.internetguy wrote:im sorry but your really have no idea about the job im taking on, your talking total crap to be fair. how on earth can this job be better than my new job?, i totally hate this fecker. constant shite from managers, constant lasping, 20 hour contract (expected to work over), working every saturday, constantly tired....i could list a thousand other reasons why i think this job is crap, and you think my new job will be worst.....LOL whatever man....jobs at the branch at starting at come up once in a while. i actually applied for the company out of the blue 5 months ago online (no jobs were on offer at the time)and got a call "out of the blue" 2 weeks ago for an interview. my friends been there 6-7 years and im only getting this job as one of the guys is retiring. did you read my post earlier ?, were not talking city drops here, were on about rural locations. anyway, i've read enough of your nonsense.........Tman wrote:"Delivery matters.."really Tman you should know better than to get out of your comfort zone and start talking about delivery matters.![]()
Yeah, like multi-drop delivery jobs in the Real World are in any way comparable with RM's.
Well, they have a van too, I suppose
and an extremely high staff turnover. Must really be a great job then, and I can't think why every pissed-off postie doesn't do it.
.
Why don't you leave and do it too? Possibly because despite the gloom and doom you forecast, you know this is still a better job than the one the OP's off to?
Really Fish you should know better than to etc etc.....Swarfega's use was discontinued years ago in RM. Silly old Fish..Off you pop back to the spanners and swarfega...
-
internetguy
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
thanks dvb. its pretty sad how things have turned out at RM. i did a 5 year stint as a postie (i left around 2001) and my god, how things have changed. i'll still pop here as i like the banter and i'll let you know how the job goes, im so happy to be jumping this s(t)inking ship....
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I wish you all the best. I left over 7 months ago to drive hgvs and haven't looked back. I have pension ,A full time contract, guaranteed 39 hours pay a week anything over is paid ot, no s**t from idiot managers, I could go on. Worst? Monthly pay.
-
internetguy
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
ha, thats my plan too, as i stated in an earlier post. im going to save up for the test/licence in hopefully a better work enviroment than what this lot can offer. i plan to be in hgv's within 2 years (my youngest will be in school by then). thanks for the best wishes bud !!sidewinder wrote:I wish you all the best. I left over 7 months ago to drive hgvs and haven't looked back. I have pension ,A full time contract, guaranteed 39 hours pay a week anything over is paid ot, no s**t from idiot managers, I could go on. Worst? Monthly pay.
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Unless you only have a few years to go to retirement, leaving RM is a total no-brainer.
Even if you dont crack up under the mental and physcological pressure from the screws, you will be physically fcuked anyway.
Even if you dont crack up under the mental and physcological pressure from the screws, you will be physically fcuked anyway.
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
[im sorry but you really have no idea about the job im taking on, your talking total crap to be fair.
You hope I am anyway, though it's not "the job" you're taking I'm particularly talking about, but this type of job.
The "grass is always greener", as they say, and it still holds true.
Funny how many ex-RM staff give it the old "leaving was the best thing I ever did" speech, and the sheep lap it all up.
Strange how many wonderful jobs there are, just waiting to be filled by hard-done-by ex posties in these recessionary times.
Even stranger is how many come back (even as agency staff) mumbling things like "yeah it didn't work out too well"...
You hope I am anyway, though it's not "the job" you're taking I'm particularly talking about, but this type of job.
The "grass is always greener", as they say, and it still holds true.
Funny how many ex-RM staff give it the old "leaving was the best thing I ever did" speech, and the sheep lap it all up.
Strange how many wonderful jobs there are, just waiting to be filled by hard-done-by ex posties in these recessionary times.
Even stranger is how many come back (even as agency staff) mumbling things like "yeah it didn't work out too well"...
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Start swinging the lamp and pass me a spanner........it doesn't necessarily have to fit anything, it just makes me feel important

-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I'm sensing deep resentment here from you DV....surely the pain of failing the pongo Technical Selection Test has dulled by now? 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Resentment............why on earth would I be resentful................ what did you have to do for the TST and did it involve a swarfega initiation ceremonyTman wrote:I'm sensing deep resentment here from you DV....surely the pain of failing the pongo Technical Selection Test has dulled by now?
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Glad you said Important not Impotent!dvbuk55 wrote:Start swinging the lamp and pass me a spanner........it doesn't necessarily have to fit anything, it just makes me feel important![]()
![]()
![]()
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
I'm sure it was a Freudian slipREDLETTER wrote:Glad you said Important not Impotent!dvbuk55 wrote:Start swinging the lamp and pass me a spanner........it doesn't necessarily have to fit anything, it just makes me feel important![]()
![]()
![]()
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Have I been rumbledsmokerjim wrote:I'm sure it was a Freudian slipREDLETTER wrote:Glad you said Important not Impotent!dvbuk55 wrote:Start swinging the lamp and pass me a spanner........it doesn't necessarily have to fit anything, it just makes me feel important![]()
![]()
![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: who on these boards is seriously looking for a new job..
Not enough nuts probablydvbuk55 wrote:Have I been rumbledsmokerjim wrote:I'm sure it was a Freudian slipREDLETTER wrote:Glad you said Important not Impotent!dvbuk55 wrote:Start swinging the lamp and pass me a spanner........it doesn't necessarily have to fit anything, it just makes me feel important![]()
![]()
![]()
I did have an erection set I must admit..............it unfortunately didn't work.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female