ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how often do you misdeliver

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by clashcityrocker »

realitybites wrote:
Or when your sure you've memorised a door number for a parcel then realise it's not from them after ringing the bell and getting them up.
Or when they open the door and you realise it is the return address you are looking at.
It is difficult to explain why you are handing back the packet they took to the Post Office the day before.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
realitybites
Posts: 435
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by realitybites »

clashcityrocker wrote:
realitybites wrote:
Or when your sure you've memorised a door number for a parcel then realise it's not from them after ringing the bell and getting them up.
Or when they open the door and you realise it is the return address you are looking at.
It is difficult to explain why you are handing back the packet they took to the Post Office the day before.
Yes, but most of the time I realise in time and just run :funneh
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by Cedar_Room »

Years ago,when i first started got thrown onto a walk blind.

Really heavy day,rough as hell sink estate...you get the picture.

Towards the end of the duty all the street names were very similar,containing only four or five houses & all running off each other,for example,Willow Crescent,Willow Drive.Willow Row etc,etc.

I'd thrown the walk out but in my rush to get out of the office (as was the done thing back then) i'd made loads of mistakes whilst prepping.

Que - loads of disgruntled folks coming out of their houses at 3.30pm complaining that i'd posted the mail to the wrong address. :crazy:

Still shudder now when i think about it.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
jack straw
Posts: 260
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 17:08
Gender: Female

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by jack straw »

Everyday. It's part of the job> :left: :evil/mad :dcfo :ncfo
pike23
Posts: 27
Joined: 12 Feb 2010, 11:05
Gender: Male

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by pike23 »

i hate it when you go down a street for first time and all the houses just have names instead of numbers, then half the houses dont display house names in easy to see places! :arrrghhh
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by spoodoo »

we are machines misdelivery proof!
bossyb
Posts: 41
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 08:38
Gender: Male

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by bossyb »

pike23 wrote:i hate it when you go down a street for first time and all the houses just have names instead of numbers, then half the houses dont display house names in easy to see places! :arrrghhh
No house name or no number displayed = No post . this should be the law :mad
Speedmeister
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
Gender: Male

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by Speedmeister »

bossyb wrote:
pike23 wrote:i hate it when you go down a street for first time and all the houses just have names instead of numbers, then half the houses dont display house names in easy to see places! :arrrghhh
No house name or no number displayed = No post . this should be the law :mad
Quite right, I had some woman moaning at me the other day for putting the wrong post through her letterbox,. I just think if you can't be bothered to put a number on your house how do you expect anyone to deliver the correct mail to you. I'm not psychic ffs! :crazy:
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Speedmeister wrote:
bossyb wrote:
pike23 wrote:i hate it when you go down a street for first time and all the houses just have names instead of numbers, then half the houses dont display house names in easy to see places! :arrrghhh
No house name or no number displayed = No post . this should be the law :mad
Quite right, I had some woman moaning at me the other day for putting the wrong post through her letterbox,. I just think if you can't be bothered to put a number on your house how do you expect anyone to deliver the correct mail to you. I'm not psychic ffs! :crazy:
House numbers must be clearly displayed by law

The law requires that occupiers of premises display the house number on their property.
Numbers should be marked on a strong contrasting background and be seen clearly and visible from the roadside.

http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyr ... rHouse.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by hampshireman »

realitybites wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I hate doing the autopilot shuffle as I call it. Enter a property because they get mail nearly every day, then try and sneak out when you relaise you don't have anything for them. :oops: :oops: :oops:
I don't sneak out, I always seem to have a tourettes moment and bollock myself.
Or when your sure you've memorised a door number for a parcel then realise it's not from them after ringing the bell and getting them up.
I know this one.. i memorised 99 for a packet. Obviously it was 66.. I'd read the bugger upside down in me pouch. How we laughed...
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by Spedley »

I make a point of never reading anything upside down. You can be certain you've read it right until you turn it the right way up.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by OnAFlyer »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Anyone who doesnt misdeliver at least once a day, or the very leastevery 2 days, is a liar imvho
Depends on how long you've been doing the walk. I've been doing mine 9 years, obviously I misdeliver now and again but certainly not every day or couple of days. Last complaint I had was around 5 years ago.

I walk down lots of paths though, then realise I haven't got any mail for them. I think it's worse when you've been doing the walk a long time as you know who gets mail every day.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by stokes11eg »

OnAFlyer wrote:
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:Anyone who doesnt misdeliver at least once a day, or the very leastevery 2 days, is a liar imvho
Depends on how long you've been doing the walk. I've been doing mine 9 years, obviously I misdeliver now and again but certainly not every day or couple of days. Last complaint I had was around 5 years ago.

I walk down lots of paths though, then realise I haven't got any mail for them. I think it's worse when you've been doing the walk a long time as you know who gets mail every day.
:Very Happy Yes, me too--even worse is delivering to the door, getting to the next house, and having to go back to the previous address with mis- sort!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by POSTMAN »

I misdelivered to my own house once. :oops: :d'oh! :neutral:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: how often do you misdeliver

Post by stokes11eg »

:funneh :funneh :funneh :funneh :left: :left: :left: :left: