You can differ if you like however it is scientifically proven. The colour of the clothing has much less effect than the wind, even just a little wind. Black clothing absorbs both the solar/ambient heat and that radiating from your body, but if loose-fitting a little wind will convect the heat away faster than it's absorbed. Whilst white clothing reflects sunlight it also reflects internal heat back towards your body, meaning that under the same conditions less cooling would take place than when wearing black.Dorset Plodder wrote:Himaggen wrote:Actually under *normal conditions, a black item of clothing will actually do a better job of keeping you cool than the same item in white. (* a little wind and not tight fitting)Dorset Plodder wrote:Question?: Why did they make it a Dark (Heat Absorbing) colour and not say White?
I beg to differ try wearing a BLACK T-shirt next time you go to the beach. I bet you find it a damn sight hotter than a WHITE one
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Later times leaving the DO
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: Later times leaving the DO
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Later times leaving the DO
What do you stand on nudity?
In the shade probably would be best
In the shade probably would be best
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
kitkatchunky
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Later times leaving the DO
Am in the north west and it's allways raining I hate it grrrrr. Wish I was a postie down south
-
blackadder
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
- Location: deep south
Re: Later times leaving the DO
you wouldnt like it down here. to much sunshine for you northerners 
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Later times leaving the DO
blackadder wrote:you wouldn't like it down here. to much sunshine for you northerners
Depends - how far down it is are you down Sarf or is Cletus, your neighbour.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
blackadder
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
- Location: deep south
Re: Later times leaving the DO
cletus lives just down the road from me the wife and the sister. anyway the pair of us have been housesitting for him as hes on holiday in sum place called blackpool. keeps going on bout brass bands, rain and wippets, sounds enchanting
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Later times leaving the DO
They're full of urine and have been thrown out by passing lorry drivers.Dorset Plodder wrote:Himaggen wrote:Actually under *normal conditions, a black item of clothing will actually do a better job of keeping you cool than the same item in white. (* a little wind and not tight fitting)Dorset Plodder wrote:Question?: Why did they make it a Dark (Heat Absorbing) colour and not say White?
I beg to differ try wearing a BLACK T-shirt next time you go to the beach. I bet you find it a damn sight hotter than a WHITE one. Ref: Loss of sodium I'lItake my Muckers advice, who was in 7 Para RHA, just add a spoonful of Sugar and one of Salt and it works wonders!Damn sight cheaper than all these Isotonic Sports Drinks.
As for not having an Issued waterbottle whats wrong with Recycling one of the thousands of Plastic Water Bottles you find lying about?
-
jafferpants
- Posts: 727
- Joined: 24 May 2007, 16:21
- Location: OVER THE HILL
Re: Later times leaving the DO
Lounge Lizard wrote:They're full of urine and have been thrown out by passing lorry drivers.Dorset Plodder wrote:Himaggen wrote:Actually under *normal conditions, a black item of clothing will actually do a better job of keeping you cool than the same item in white. (* a little wind and not tight fitting)Dorset Plodder wrote:Question?: Why did they make it a Dark (Heat Absorbing) colour and not say White?
I beg to differ try wearing a BLACK T-shirt next time you go to the beach. I bet you find it a damn sight hotter than a WHITE one. Ref: Loss of sodium I'lItake my Muckers advice, who was in 7 Para RHA, just add a spoonful of Sugar and one of Salt and it works wonders!Damn sight cheaper than all these Isotonic Sports Drinks.
As for not having an Issued waterbottle whats wrong with Recycling one of the thousands of Plastic Water Bottles you find lying about?
yes, passing
If you have any sense you would not use old plastic water bottles. After a set time the plastic starts to release chemicals into the water which has been shown to cause cancer. That includes the ones rm hand out. Don't take my word for it the info and research is freely available on the net.It all depends on the number that is stamped on the bottom of the bottles
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Later times leaving the DO
Lizard wrote:
They're full of urine and have been thrown out by passing lorry drivers.
yes, passing
[/quote]
s**t and I thought I was lucky to find so many discarded bottles of Lucozade!
Joking aside I mean the "Old" ones that your kids have paid 99p for to drink Fresh Spring Water that's been Filtered through Volcanic rock.
Do you think you're likely to live long enough to die of "Water bottle educed cancer" in this job Jaffa? More likely RM will get you first with a combination of Exhaustion, Stress, Depression etc!
They're full of urine and have been thrown out by passing lorry drivers.
s**t and I thought I was lucky to find so many discarded bottles of Lucozade!
Do you think you're likely to live long enough to die of "Water bottle educed cancer" in this job Jaffa? More likely RM will get you first with a combination of Exhaustion, Stress, Depression etc!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Later times leaving the DO
Aye - filtered through volcanic rock for 5,000 years ... with a sell by date on the sideDorset Plodder wrote:I mean the "Old" ones that your kids have paid 99p for to drink Fresh Spring Water that's been Filtered through Volcanic rock.![]()
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...