post_bitch wrote:so frustrating when you know its sumone else who put it in for you
agree - if some bugger else has prepped your walk you feel a right twonk ... if you've prepped it ... that's different
When on a new walk I can misdeliver regular for the first couple of days ... and by the time you get it right - you're doing a different walk ... and it all starts again ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
years ago when i was new to the job i was delivering a close,thought it was strange when i got to what i thought was the end and still had half a bundle of mail left.when it suddenly dawned on me that id missed delivered the whole bloody lot. wrong close completely. Had to knock on every door to try and retrieve what i could,believe me that was embarrassing .Would probably get the sack now no doubt,but back then our dom at the time just said not to worry these things happen(ah the good old days).Still gets brought up every now and again when someone wants a laugh
fishtank wrote:I have one in particular.
They are two adjoining identical semi-detached council houses..on the corner of a street.
One is x avenue and the other is y avenue....and they are both number 18.
If any council planners are looking in it may have seemed funny to you at the time but the joke is wearing thin.
That must be the shortest street names ever. No wonder you make mistakes.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
I used to find missorts all the time while out on delivery but it was always the same roads usually that I would mix up while prepping my walk so if I had a spare 5 mins after I had thrown off I'd check them. I've done the putting the neighbours mail in wrong house because the one before had no mail that day thing a few times. It happens, it's easy to switch off when you do the same walk every day.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I hate doing the autopilot shuffle as I call it. Enter a property because they get mail nearly every day, then try and sneak out when you relaise you don't have anything for them.
I don't sneak out, I always seem to have a tourettes moment and bollock myself.
Or when your sure you've memorised a door number for a parcel then realise it's not from them after ringing the bell and getting them up.
unhappyCumbria wrote:
especially when the walk seq puts a letter in the wrong place i.e. /e.g. Dowie Ave & Dowie Rd sometimes the walk seq will put a letter for 2 Dowie Ave in the Dowie Rd place and vice versa.
I was under the impression that walk sequenced mail came into the office and then the postie would throw off the work into the frame so as to check for this sort of thing? It beening 99.99% correct it shouldn't take that long. Well, thats how our DOM explained it about a year ago!