fishtank wrote:In most cases an honest mistake will be dealt with as an honest mistake.
Deliberate deception on the other hand will almost certainly be dealt with as gross misconduct probably leading to dismissal.
You can choose which ever advice you like to follow in this thread. You don't need to be a rocket scientist.
It might help though, if you need to look for another job ......Joke, Joke
You did the right thing by reporting it. A similar thing happened when I was in the locker and some kindly soul posted it back in a letter box and it came back. The turnaround on a recorded is seven days and usually it will be re-sent if it was desperately important.
Well today, I saw the lady who lives there (was actually getting ice cream for the family as there was a van right outside), she said she found her mail about 50yrds down the road (or someone else did and gave it to her), I appologised and explained the ripped bag etc, and she's all fine. Didn't have the cheek to ask her to go back in the house, find the letter she effectively delivered herself, and sign my card.
She has the item now and in my eyes that's the main thing, I was more concerned about her coming to the office and complaining when it couldn't be found. Yes the sender hasn't got a signature but I think i'll live.
Robtor wrote:Well today, I saw the lady who lives there (was actually getting ice cream for the family as there was a van right outside), she said she found her mail about 50yrds down the road (or someone else did and gave it to her), I appologised and explained the ripped bag etc, and she's all fine. Didn't have the cheek to ask her to go back in the house, find the letter she effectively delivered herself, and sign my card.
She has the item now and in my eyes that's the main thing, I was more concerned about her coming to the office and complaining when it couldn't be found. Yes the sender hasn't got a signature but I think i'll live.
Robtor wrote:Yes the sender hasn't got a signature but I think i'll live.
Now, THAT'S the thing you need to worry about as if they complain there'd be due compensation as they'd paid extra for a signature. From what I've seen over the years RM are a lot more stroppy about this sort of thing than you'd expect.
In my experience, nobody really gives a flying f**k about recordeds. I think I've lost two in my time, and I know for a fact I have posted many straight through doors by accident. I just forget about it and play dumb if any thing is said, which it never is. I mean I try my best with them, but if I make a mistake, nobody seems to notice.
I even see my colleges tearing the stickers off so they don't have to get a signature.
SF wrote:In my experience, nobody really gives a flying f**k about recordeds. I think I've lost two in my time, and I know for a fact I have posted many straight through doors by accident. I just forget about it and play dumb if any thing is said, which it never is. I mean I try my best with them, but if I make a mistake, nobody seems to notice.
I even see my colleges tearing the stickers off so they don't have to get a signature.
Specials, those are different.
When you say "play dumb" how much acting is involved exactly?
SF wrote:In my experience, nobody really gives a flying f**k about recordeds. I think I've lost two in my time, and I know for a fact I have posted many straight through doors by accident. I just forget about it and play dumb if any thing is said, which it never is. I mean I try my best with them, but if I make a mistake, nobody seems to notice.
I even see my colleges tearing the stickers off so they don't have to get a signature.
Specials, those are different.
When you say "play dumb" how much acting is involved exactly?
duhhhhh what was the question again???
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
SF wrote:In my experience, nobody really gives a flying f**k about recordeds. I think I've lost two in my time, and I know for a fact I have posted many straight through doors by accident. I just forget about it and play dumb if any thing is said, which it never is. I mean I try my best with them, but if I make a mistake, nobody seems to notice.
I even see my colleges tearing the stickers off so they don't have to get a signature.
Specials, those are different.
When you say "play dumb" how much acting is involved exactly?
Manager: Did you have a recorder letter for 89 Easy Street on Tuesday?
Me: 89 what street?
Manager: Easy Street..
Me: What number?
Manager: 89..
Me: When?
Manager: Tuesday
Me: What day is it today?
Manager: Thursday..
Me: Can I have a Saturday off?
Manager: *** Moon walks into office and locks door***
SF wrote:In my experience, nobody really gives a flying f**k about recordeds. I think I've lost two in my time, and I know for a fact I have posted many straight through doors by accident. I just forget about it and play dumb if any thing is said, which it never is. I mean I try my best with them, but if I make a mistake, nobody seems to notice.
I even see my colleges tearing the stickers off so they don't have to get a signature.
Specials, those are different.
When you say "play dumb" how much acting is involved exactly?
Manager: Did you have a recorder letter for 89 Easy Street on Tuesday?
Me: 89 what street?
Manager: Easy Street..
Me: What number?
Manager: 89..
Me: When?
Manager: Tuesday
Me: What day is it today?
Manager: Thursday..
Me: Can I have a Saturday off?
Manager: *** Moon walks into office and locks door***
fishtank wrote:Some of the "advice" on this thread is nuts.
Yep - anyone following some of this advice is destined to be given a P45 and directions to the nearest Job Centre. I hope they don't use the excuse that people on RMC do it or the last sound they'll hear is a guffaw of laughter as the door closes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.