ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dont know how much more of the bullshit....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Dont know how much more of the bullshit....

Post by RedBagMan »

That's just one of the crazy things ... NOTHING is joined up ! If I turn in at 1000 (my start time) and start bagging up (assuming all sorts of things like fully prepped frame - ha !) the drivers are waiting to go - they're pushing you because of their start/finish times and their workload. It just doesn't fit together at all.

... and yet today I get to my first bag drop ... and the box is bloody empty, so I have to phone lino, grumble and sit on the pavement (and have a crafty fag :chuckle ) and wait 10 minutes ...

Think that's the phrase ... NOTHING IS JOINED UP ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Dont know how much more of the bullshit....

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Know where you're at Retro, and I sympathise. In my Do it's strange, but true, that those who simply make it known that they don't want the Over Time, have been employed on a 22.5 hr contract, and have got no interest in working more,..... surprisingly come in to find their walk Fully prepped and Ready to Go! :Very Happy

Those who don't make this known, and you haven't got to get stroppy about it, get the piss taken. "Oh Sorry we didn't manage to get your walk thrown off!" :arrrghhh Simply lie! Tell your DIM I need to be somewhere else because.... If your DIM can't "Blackmail" you over any available OT your basically Fire-proof! :Very Happy

As for the Driver that's chasing you...

1) Try asking him to help you if he's in a hurry (He won't)
2) Warn him that he's harassing you, and you don't appreciate it (He'll ignore you)
3) Put in a Grievance against him (He'll wind his neck in!)

Royal Fail will get away with what we let them get away with. Good luck mate. :wave
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Re: Dont know how much more of the bullshit....

Post by RetroJunkie »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Know where you're at Retro, and I sympathise. In my Do it's strange, but true, that those who simply make it known that they don't want the Over Time, have been employed on a 22.5 hr contract, and have got no interest in working more,..... surprisingly come in to find their walk Fully prepped and Ready to Go! :Very Happy

Those who don't make this known, and you haven't got to get stroppy about it, get the piss taken. "Oh Sorry we didn't manage to get your walk thrown off!" :arrrghhh Simply lie! Tell your DIM I need to be somewhere else because.... If your DIM can't "Blackmail" you over any available OT your basically Fire-proof! :Very Happy

As for the Driver that's chasing you...

1) Try asking him to help you if he's in a hurry (He won't)
2) Warn him that he's harassing you, and you don't appreciate it (He'll ignore you)
3) Put in a Grievance against him (He'll wind his neck in!)

Royal Fail will get away with what we let them get away with. Good luck mate. :wave
Thanks mate i appreciate it
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Dont know how much more of the bullshit....

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

You must have a really s**t union rep. Bottom line is this. You have a start time and finish time and break(s) that you are entitled to within those hours. If you don't want to work overtime then you work to your time. They can't force you to go over. Tell your manager you'll be working to your time and you'll take out the amount of mail that will take you up to your time (don't call it 'cutting off' , always just say 'working to time'). Obviously the more time you spend prepping your delivery the less time you'll be able to spend out on delivery. Don't let the manager bully you if he's not happy about this. In my experience the one thing a manager doesn't want is an official grievance against him, especially for harassment or bullying because this doesn't look very good in his file when applying for future promotions etc and they are always investigated. Often just asking for 'the form' is enough to make them change their attitude. They're not going to fall over themselves to have your duty prepped if they know that you'll came in and do it and still take it all out but you'll be surprised what they can do if they have to. On the union side, if your local rep is no good contact the area rep. Regarding the driver harassing you, what we do in Scotland in this situation is say to the driver, quietly and with no witnesses, 'keep that up and i'm going to break your f***ing nose pal'
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Dont know how much more of the bullshit....

Post by Dorset Plodder »

No Problem Retro. :Very Happy You'll be surprised HOW fast your driver will retreat! :shock: A while back the guy on the next frame was having a "Friendly Dig" at me, and I believe I've got Fairly Thick Skin & a good sense of humour.

However, I thought I'd wind him up and simply said, "I hope you're not harassing me? Because if you are I think I'll have to take it to my union rep and make a formal complaint!" Poor guy nearly s**t himself, and I think he's got a good sense of humour ! :Very Happy He said, "OK Mate, wasn't having a go..just having a laugh!"

Suppose it shows how far RM have taken this "Bullying" Bullshit. Fair enough if it's warranted but how many assholes use it when it's not really "Bullying or Harassment"? :hmmmm We have people running to the DIM when somebodies told them to "f**k Off", in a work place is that really Harassment? We're we're not working in a convent! :speak to the hand
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Dont know how much more of the bullshit....

Post by music4essex »

[quote][/quTell him you're not doing any overtime and here's 1 hours work for you.

It's that easy stick to your guns IT'S NOT BULLSHIT, do what they want in your allocated time and go home stress free! crockboy
Offline

I done this 2 weeks back and now I am up for conduct code, and it is not stress free,
My interview is on friday, I am lucky that I have decent area rep who is coming in with me,

I won't say too much more as I don't want to give too much away,

I am one of these posties that does the job properly but the dim and dom don't like it,

Good luck anyway , your office sounds like mine
Essex mum :wave
SexyLegs
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 393
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Dont know how much more of the bullshit....

Post by SexyLegs »

Make sure you put grievances in about the treatment from your DIM and DOM, makes them think twice about pissing you off in the future :)
boogyman
Posts: 161
Joined: 17 Mar 2011, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Dont know how much more of the bullshit....

Post by boogyman »

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR A GRIEVANCE TO BE SORTED OUT ? I PUT ONE IN A FEW MONTHS BACK AGAINST A LINE MANAGER AND STILL HEARD NOTHING, THIS MANAGER IS STILL KNOW DIFFERENT AND GETS AWAY WITH BEING A BULLY, I KNOW HE HAS BEEN MOVED FROM OTHER OFFICES IN THE PAST SO HOW THE HELL IS HE STILL IN A JOB( ANY WHERE ELSE THEY WOLUD AV GOT RID)