ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Things Customers Say
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Things Customers Say
Hey, nid yw hyn yn i mi! 
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
alloria
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Things Customers Say
"I know things are tough for you guys at the moment, but you are doing a good job, and I appreciate that"
Yes, this actually happened!
Yes, this actually happened!
Vote no on the "Agreement"
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Things Customers Say
alloria wrote:"I know things are tough for you guys at the moment, but you are doing a good job, and I appreciate that"
Are you sure the paperboy wasn't standing behind you?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Things Customers Say
No....but two guys were standing behind him zipping his jacket up.bunkerland wrote:Are you sure the paperboy wasn't standing behind you?alloria wrote:"I know things are tough for you guys at the moment, but you are doing a good job, and I appreciate that"
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
eian687
- Posts: 743
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
- Location: south wales
Re: Things Customers Say
on front grass with loads of weeds , oi dont walk on my lawn (not that i take short cuts.......unless its for my benift) 
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Things Customers Say
Know what you mean, if I get that one I normally say, "What are you worried about me treading on the weeds or the dog poo?"eian687 wrote:on front grass with loads of weeds , oi dont walk on my lawn (not that i take short cuts.......unless its for my benift)
I will avoid the rare, well managed front lawn, that's got the stripes going up and down it like Wembley. Obviously the guy's going to fly at you for walking on it. But gardens full of rusting bike frames and washing machines they've got to be joking!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
eian687
- Posts: 743
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
- Location: south wales
Re: Things Customers Say
so trueDorset Plodder wrote:Know what you mean, if I get that one I normally say, "What are you worried about me treading on the weeds or the dog poo?"eian687 wrote:on front grass with loads of weeds , oi dont walk on my lawn (not that i take short cuts.......unless its for my benift)
I will avoid the rare, well managed front lawn, that's got the stripes going up and down it like Wembley. Obviously the guy's going to fly at you for walking on it. But gardens full of rusting bike frames and washing machines they've got to be joking!
-
islfor
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Things Customers Say
This happened to me one xmas time - Walking up path woman at door with £20 note in her hand. 'Excuse me postman have you got change I need to tip the coalman and milkman this xmas' I said what about tipping the paperboy too ?
-
George door to dawes
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Things Customers Say
Had a new one today. Had a little girl come up to me and said ask for letters for 85 .... street. told there wasnt any so she asked if she could have another letter from the pile i was holding! erm no
Always get kids asking for bands.
Always get kids asking for bands.
-
crezz
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 25 Apr 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Things Customers Say
"still a postman then mate?"
"yeah"
"suppose its better than walking the streets"
same bloke everytime!
"yeah"
"suppose its better than walking the streets"
same bloke everytime!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Things Customers Say
[quote="George door to dawes"]Had a new one today. Had a little girl come up to me and said ask for letters for 85 .... street. told there wasnt any so she asked if she could have another letter from the pile i was holding! erm no 
If you get that happen again George , do what I do just give her some D2Ds (Sorry unaddressed mail!)
kids go away happy as Larry.
If you get that happen again George , do what I do just give her some D2Ds (Sorry unaddressed mail!)
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
George door to dawes
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Things Customers Say
lol isnt d2d classed as live mail now? I could get done for stealing or somethingDorset Plodder wrote:George door to dawes wrote:Had a new one today. Had a little girl come up to me and said ask for letters for 85 .... street. told there wasnt any so she asked if she could have another letter from the pile i was holding! erm no
If you get that happen again George , do what I do just give her some D2Ds (Sorry unaddressed mail!)kids go away happy as Larry.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2060
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Things Customers Say
"Wheres your shorts?"
"How are the roads?"
"Got any thing from E.R.N.I.E"
And my all time favourite......usually said to me early December....."I expect your getting busy now postman
"How are the roads?"
"Got any thing from E.R.N.I.E"
And my all time favourite......usually said to me early December....."I expect your getting busy now postman
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Things Customers Say
Whose going to complain about not getting their "Un-addressed mail" George ? 
Perhaps that Young girl was really interested in getting some Double Glazing!
Especially as she lived in a local housing association house! 
Perhaps that Young girl was really interested in getting some Double Glazing!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
hulcottflyer66
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Things Customers Say
"You're late postman"!
"Actually madam,i'm dead on time for the amount of mail I've got today!"
"Actually madam,i'm dead on time for the amount of mail I've got today!"