ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

rude/abusive customers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deko79
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Aug 2010, 17:44
Gender: Male

Re: rude/abusive customers

Post by deko79 »

Judgee wrote:Just say "I from Poland, your bush is very nice in the winter time but I don't have any carrots for sale right now, thank you so much" then walk away... usually works for me! :angel

brilliant
singingpostman
Posts: 148
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22

Re: rude/abusive customers

Post by singingpostman »

Not sure if this is good advice but with the very few rude/abusive customers that I have encountered, then I have been equally rude/abusive to them, its amazing how quick they back down, and they now talk to me like an old friend, guess its the standing up to the bully mentality, but please if you try it and you come off worst, please dont blame me, I'm not advocating it, but its my nature to behave like that !.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: rude/abusive customers

Post by Indy »

singingpostman wrote:Not sure if this is good advice but with the very few rude/abusive customers that I have encountered, then I have been equally rude/abusive to them, its amazing how quick they back down
I just walk away... the problem with being rude and abusive back is that it gives them (valid) reason to complain. The postie told me "fu*k off this morning!" it gets through to your DIM who says did you say that? you say yes then its YOU in trouble. As I said walk away*

* works better if you still have the Special/Reg and signing card :Very Happy