ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

London Dispute Update

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by Glenno »

britwrit wrote:Ok... don't laugh... but what's Unite's position in all of this?
They are too busy filling out their V R forms britwrit :wave :wave
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by fishtank »

rockytony67 wrote: So put yourself in the union negotiators postion, you say "No i don't unfortunately think the membership are ready for a national ballot" but then say "If there is no commitment to no compulsory redundancies which to be honest would be my first question when entering the room...why bother with the talks" so what you are saying is that London will have to fight the battle against compulsory redundancies on there own? or have I read your post wrong?
Yes you did rocky but that doesn't surprise me.
I sometimes think you want London to be isolated.
I think this "us against the rest of the world" syndrome makes you feel more important.

London cannot afford to wait on the rest of the union,things are moving too quickly and every day that passes is a day lost,Royal Mail will try to move the work out and the people on so that when the LDC looks around there will be nothing left to defend.
This would be the case no matter where in the country you were...it's how they do it....it's how every company does it.
You tend to look stupid picketing your office when it's already been bulldozed and sold on.
Talks and stalling will only play into Royal Mail's hands. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
rockytony67
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 419
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
Gender: Male
Location: London Town

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by rockytony67 »

fishtank wrote:
rockytony67 wrote: So put yourself in the union negotiators postion, you say "No i don't unfortunately think the membership are ready for a national ballot" but then say "If there is no commitment to no compulsory redundancies which to be honest would be my first question when entering the room...why bother with the talks" so what you are saying is that London will have to fight the battle against compulsory redundancies on there own? or have I read your post wrong?
Yes you did rocky but that doesn't surprise me.
I sometimes think you want London to be isolated.
I think this "us against the rest of the world" syndrome makes you feel more important.

London cannot afford to wait on the rest of the union,things are moving too quickly and every day that passes is a day lost,Royal Mail will try to move the work out and the people on so that when the LDC looks around there will be nothing left to defend.
This would be the case no matter where in the country you were...it's how they do it....it's how every company does it.
You tend to look stupid picketing your office when it's already been bulldozed and sold on.
Talks and stalling will only play into Royal Mail's hands. :cuppa
So come on then what's the plan :cuppa
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by Glenno »

GROW a pair,,,,,
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by fishtank »

rockytony67 wrote: So come on then what's the plan :cuppa
I don't have a plan rocky...i'm not a policy maker.
I have given my opinion that's all.
All we can do is prepare for industrial action when and if the call comes.
Others will make that decision.
Our members have never let the union down yet and although this may be the most difficult "engagement" i can remember i do not think they are about to start now.
That's all us little cogs can do...other units,branches and divisions...i cannot and would not attempt to speak for.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
rockytony67
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 419
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
Gender: Male
Location: London Town

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by rockytony67 »

Glenno wrote:GROW a pair,,,,,
There already full grown :cool not as big as I would like but I find that effort can make up for physical insecurities :Very Happy
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by Big Daz »

Body Beyond Repair wrote:More talks,well our manager got an e-mail for volunteers to prepare go to London at short notice this is in Scotland seems RM saying one thing o the CWU again but the truth is very different.Suprise!!


My DOM has had the same, a call for help in London and that RM are EXPECTING the CWU to take IA is what he told me yesterday.
rockytony67
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 419
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
Gender: Male
Location: London Town

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by rockytony67 »

fishtank wrote:
rockytony67 wrote: So come on then what's the plan :cuppa
I don't have a plan rocky...i'm not a policy maker.
I have given my opinion that's all.
All we can do is prepare for industrial action when and if the call comes.
Others will make that decision.
Our members have never let the union down yet and although this may be the most difficult "engagement" i can remember i do not think they are about to start now.
That's all us little cogs can do...other units,branches and divisions...i cannot and would not attempt to speak for.

Off course you don't Fishtank, and I don't blame you for that, but thats what it all come's down to, it's easy to sit at a computer screen and put the world to right's, we all do it, but when the time comes and the question is asked people often don't have an answer, some of us try every working day to help people in our offices, a lot of the time we get no thanks but we do it because we think it's right, we hear all the big talk about how we should do this and how we should do that, but when the time comes those people are nowhere to be seen, at the end of the day it come's down to this if RM are going down the compulsory redundancy route and this union can not deliver a yes vote in response to that then this union is finished, and let me tell you, it may please a few posters on this site, but if people think things would be better, then they are living in a cloud cuckoo land :sad:
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by dvbuk55 »

brothermagrew wrote:Going by brother rockytony67 signature it would appear that the brother and I mean brother dvbuk55 has finally returned to the darkside. Long overdue ya auld goat. :wave :Applause :Applause :wave
Well it was a bit premature brothermagrew, but you are right. I wouldn't want to be excluded from a fight if it came to it, I'm a little bit sceptical that it is going to go the distance but if it does I would like to be on the gate for one last time....but they'd better get a move on. I would imagine that London will have to go out..................the problem is persuading offices like mine and many others that there is sufficient meat in the dispute for them to support it.
How would you proceed in the circumstances when there are so many part timers and so many who are no longer in the union, when the distrust of the union is almost as great as the distrust for RM?

Don't tell Rocky...........mind you it hasn't yet come to a national ballot but I rejoined anyway just in case:wave
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by fishtank »

rockytony67 wrote: Off course you don't Fishtank, and I don't blame you for that, but thats what it all come's down to, it's easy to sit at a computer screen and put the world to right's, we all do it, but when the time comes and the question is asked people often don't have an answer, some of us try every working day to help people in our offices, a lot of the time we get no thanks but we do it because we think it's right, we hear all the big talk about how we should do this and how we should do that, but when the time comes those people are nowhere to be seen, at the end of the day it come's down to this if RM are going down the compulsory redundancy route and this union can not deliver a yes vote in response to that then this union is finished, and let me tell you, it may please a few posters on this site, but if people think things would be better, then they are living in a cloud cuckoo land :sad:
I don't think you understand the nature of forums rocky.
No-one is attempting to put the world to right's on here or if they are they are delusional.
This is a forum for opinion and that is what you get.....opinions.
Opinion is the one thing you should never attempt to censor or mould to your own taste because in the end all you will hear is what you want to hear...and you will learn nothing....if it is negative you have to try to see the underlying reasons behind it...not dismiss it as irrelevant.
If the union cannot deliver a yes vote in response to compulsory redundancies it will in the main be because it has stopped listening to things it doesn't want to hear,learned nothing from the last 18 months and disengaged from the majority of the membership.,,,allowing that to happen really is cuckoo. :crazy:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
rockytony67
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 419
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
Gender: Male
Location: London Town

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by rockytony67 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
brothermagrew wrote:Going by brother rockytony67 signature it would appear that the brother and I mean brother dvbuk55 has finally returned to the darkside. Long overdue ya auld goat. :wave :Applause :Applause :wave
Well it was a bit premature brothermagrew, but you are right. I wouldn't want to be excluded from a fight if it came to it, I'm a little bit sceptical that it is going to go the distance but if it does I would like to be on the gate for one last time....but they'd better get a move on. I would imagine that London will have to go out..................the problem is persuading offices like mine and many others that there is sufficient meat in the dispute for them to support it.
How would you proceed in the circumstances when there are so many part timers and so many who are no longer in the union, when the distrust of the union is almost as great as the distrust for RM?

Don't tell Rocky...........mind you it hasn't yet come to a national ballot but I rejoined anyway just in case:wave

Great news Dvbuk, welcome back to to the dark side :Very Happy
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by dvbuk55 »

rockytony67 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
brothermagrew wrote:Going by brother rockytony67 signature it would appear that the brother and I mean brother dvbuk55 has finally returned to the darkside. Long overdue ya auld goat. :wave :Applause :Applause :wave
Well it was a bit premature brothermagrew, but you are right. I wouldn't want to be excluded from a fight if it came to it, I'm a little bit sceptical that it is going to go the distance but if it does I would like to be on the gate for one last time....but they'd better get a move on. I would imagine that London will have to go out..................the problem is persuading offices like mine and many others that there is sufficient meat in the dispute for them to support it.
How would you proceed in the circumstances when there are so many part timers and so many who are no longer in the union, when the distrust of the union is almost as great as the distrust for RM?

Don't tell Rocky...........mind you it hasn't yet come to a national ballot but I rejoined anyway just in case:wave

Great news Dvbuk, welcome back to to the dark side :Very Happy
It is NOT the dark side, it might be a bit murky at times BUT this is the light side. Nothing is going to change the union structure any time soon and certainly not before I retire sooooooooooo in for a penny in for a pound - even if it costs quite a few pounds :chuckle
rockytony67
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 419
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
Gender: Male
Location: London Town

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by rockytony67 »

fishtank wrote:
rockytony67 wrote: Off course you don't Fishtank, and I don't blame you for that, but thats what it all come's down to, it's easy to sit at a computer screen and put the world to right's, we all do it, but when the time comes and the question is asked people often don't have an answer, some of us try every working day to help people in our offices, a lot of the time we get no thanks but we do it because we think it's right, we hear all the big talk about how we should do this and how we should do that, but when the time comes those people are nowhere to be seen, at the end of the day it come's down to this if RM are going down the compulsory redundancy route and this union can not deliver a yes vote in response to that then this union is finished, and let me tell you, it may please a few posters on this site, but if people think things would be better, then they are living in a cloud cuckoo land :sad:
I don't think you understand the nature of forums rocky.
No-one is attempting to put the world to right's on here or if they are they are delusional.
This is a forum for opinion and that is what you get.....opinions.
Opinion is the one thing you should never attempt to censor or mould to your own taste because in the end all you will hear is what you want to hear...and you will learn nothing....if it is negative you have to try to see the underlying reasons behind it...not dismiss it as irrelevant.
If the union cannot deliver a yes vote in response to compulsory redundancies it will in the main be because it has stopped listening to things it doesn't want to hear,learned nothing from the last 18 months and disengaged from the majority of the membership.,,,allowing that to happen really is cuckoo. :crazy:

I understand the nature of forums well Fishtank :Very Happy but I also understand Bulls@hit when I hear it, you have no answers :wink: you sit behind a screen and pontificate about what should happen but when asked what you think should happen you say " I'm not a policy maker" there comes a time when you have to look at yourself, and what you do, at the end of the day that's all we've got :angel
Last edited by rockytony67 on 28 May 2011, 22:53, edited 2 times in total.
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by fishtank »

rockytony67 wrote: you sit behind a screen and pontificate about what should happen but when asked what you think should happen you say " I'm not a policy maker"
Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?
In one sentence you both accuse me of pontificating on what should happen and not pontificating on what should happen.
I have made clear my opinion on whether the LDC should enter into immediate talks with Royal Mail which was the meat and bones of dingo's post.
What is it you want from me?...the way forward for the union in the 21st century?
The fact that i didn't answer your vague "what's the plan then" statement is because of both it's vagueness and the fact that it was clearly a childish throw away.
If you have any real questions i will be happy to give you my opinion for what it's worth although i don't think you are really looking for answers rocky just an opportunity for another cheap shot.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
rockytony67
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 419
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
Gender: Male
Location: London Town

Re: London Dispute Update

Post by rockytony67 »

fishtank wrote:
rockytony67 wrote: you sit behind a screen and pontificate about what should happen but when asked what you think should happen you say " I'm not a policy maker"
Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?
In one sentence you both accuse me of pontificating on what should happen and not pontificating on what should happen.
I have made clear my opinion on whether the LDC should enter into immediate talks with Royal Mail which was the meat and bones of dingo's post.
What is it you want from me?...the way forward for the union in the 21st century?
The fact that i didn't answer your vague "what's the plan then" statement is because of both it's vagueness and the fact that it was clearly a childish throw away.
If you have any real questions i will be happy to give you my opinion for what it's worth although i don't think you are really looking for answers rocky just an opportunity for another cheap shot.

No it's not's not ridiculous :Very Happy you give opinion's but when asked for one that matters you get all defense and abusive :wink: all I did was ask what you think should be the CWU response to compulsory redundancy and you throw your dummy out the pram :Very Happy anyway I like the word pontificating it's better then a cheap shot :cool and if my grammer is not as good as yours I'm sorry :angel but you know what I mean :cuppa
Last edited by rockytony67 on 28 May 2011, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway