ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is there a ghost in my van.
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
Definitely sounds like a ghost to me.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
No one could have got in and driven off,cos it had locked the keys in the cab,thats the whole point.
-
london sub
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
There are two faults here.
1. You are at fault for leaving the keys in the ignition, and should of not left the van running while going round to the back of the van as anybody could of jumped in and sped away. Leaving you either stuck in the back of the van or getting injured in the process.
2. There might be a fault with the van, but then again it might be a security feature.
If you were working for ups you would of got the sack for this. This is what exactly happened to someone I know.
1. You are at fault for leaving the keys in the ignition, and should of not left the van running while going round to the back of the van as anybody could of jumped in and sped away. Leaving you either stuck in the back of the van or getting injured in the process.
2. There might be a fault with the van, but then again it might be a security feature.
If you were working for ups you would of got the sack for this. This is what exactly happened to someone I know.
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
A while ago I was on a rural and now and then I could hear what sounded like muttering coming from the front of the van,by the end of the round and after all the packets had gone and I could still hear the muttering I was convinced that the van was possessed.
It was only on the last call that I was looking down in the direction of the voice that it became clear it was the PDA talking and was working as a GPS and trying to direct me to god knows where.
Had another weird moment recently, I was delivering to some old peoples bungalows in the sticks and and each day there was this pheasant that would follow me from door to door.
On this particular morning I was near the last few bungalows with pheasant following and suddenly I heared this quiet voice saying "Hello Glen", I looked around and there was no one around,just the pheasant,which was stood staring at me enquiringly, I just stared at it and thought "No, don't be stupid" and carried on.
Two paces more and "And how are you today?".
The bloody pheasant was still stood staring at me and I was just about to say "Fine thanks" to the pheasant when this sweet old dear who had been quite ill looked around her porch door.
Man was I pleased to see her ,a few seconds more and she would have caught me in conversation with a pheasant.
It was only on the last call that I was looking down in the direction of the voice that it became clear it was the PDA talking and was working as a GPS and trying to direct me to god knows where.
Had another weird moment recently, I was delivering to some old peoples bungalows in the sticks and and each day there was this pheasant that would follow me from door to door.
On this particular morning I was near the last few bungalows with pheasant following and suddenly I heared this quiet voice saying "Hello Glen", I looked around and there was no one around,just the pheasant,which was stood staring at me enquiringly, I just stared at it and thought "No, don't be stupid" and carried on.
Two paces more and "And how are you today?".
The bloody pheasant was still stood staring at me and I was just about to say "Fine thanks" to the pheasant when this sweet old dear who had been quite ill looked around her porch door.
Man was I pleased to see her ,a few seconds more and she would have caught me in conversation with a pheasant.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
Ok can someone explain to me what actually construes leaving a van unnattended.Unnattended to me means,not present at the time.I was present at the time.I will not get in shite for this,interview next thursday.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
I wonder if people are confusing unattended under the law which is below and Royal Mails instruction that ignition keys should be removed and doors locked when leaving the vehicle.jaylime wrote:Ok can someone explain to me what actually construes leaving a van unattended.Unnattended to me means,not present at the time.I was present at the time.I will not get in shite for this,interview next thursday.
As I see it you are not guilty of breaking the law because as you state you were with the vehicle, however, you may be on dodgy ground with failing to follow RM instructions if they want to be petty.Unattended vehicle in law
Regulation 107(2)(a). This states that no person shall cause or permit to be on any road any motor vehicle which is not attended by a person duly licensed to drive it unless the engine is stopped and the parking brake is effectively set. Exemptions to the requirements of this Regulation as to the stopping of the engine include a fire brigade vehicle, the engine of which is being used for any fire brigade purpose.
http://www.cwu.org/uploads/documents/20 ... 329610.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
I don't know if this has been aired before but it ain't pretty.
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... lp_a_woman
At least you had nothing stolen.
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... lp_a_woman
At least you had nothing stolen.
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
Anybody know what happened with his appeal?bedfordrl wrote:I don't know if this has been aired before but it ain't pretty.
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... lp_a_woman
At least you had nothing stolen.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
mrlovepantsuk
- Posts: 333
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
Done that myself.Dorset Plodder wrote:Know that feeling...Shut the door...f**k where's the keys? Only excuse is that as a Reserve your always swapping between different vans (now you can add the Bipper to that list) each one has it's own little tricks!Stormproof wrote:I've locked myself out of my van(Vauxhall Vivaro) a couple of times. Put the keys down in the back while refilling pouch, shut the door and a long walk to the phone box![]()
Want a laugh?...jumped into a Bipper switched on the ignition..took a quick glance at the instrument panel and thought...s**t nearly out of Fuel. Drove to the Filling Station tried to fill up and it'd only take about 10 litres! Had a look at the Fuel Gauge, thought maybe it only Registers when the ignition's switched on, switched it on!.....DICKHEADit was already FULL
Have you ever noticed the Bipper's fuel gauge goes the opposite way to the Old Vauxhall
Combi? I know now!
Unity Is Strength
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
Interview today,lasted 20 mins.Case completely thrown out,no case to answer.Power to the feckin workers.
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
Excellent news,well done.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
jaylime wrote:Interview today,lasted 20 mins.Case completely thrown out,no case to answer.Power to the feckin workers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
Bet you don't leave the keys in the ignition againjaylime wrote:Interview today,lasted 20 mins.Case completely thrown out,no case to answer.Power to the feckin workers.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Is there a ghost in my van.
Once bitten etc.Stormproof wrote:Bet you don't leave the keys in the ignition againjaylime wrote:Interview today,lasted 20 mins.Case completely thrown out,no case to answer.Power to the feckin workers.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio