ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WTL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:No.
Some p/t staff are delivery only....then they have their WTLL and deliver 30 mins less
Some p/t staff are tie down and deliver only...then they have their WTLL,tie down and deliver 30 mins less.
Some p/t staff have indoor time which may be sufficient for WTL on certain days....are you starting to see a pattern?
All staff have time for WTLL...it's just a matter of scheduling and realising that "delivering" is no more important than WTLL,prepping D2D,having your breaks,redirections or any of the other things that part-timers and full-timers say they do not now have time for.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: WTL

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:No.
Some p/t staff are delivery only....then they have their WTLL and deliver 30 mins less
Some p/t staff are tie down and deliver only...then they have their WTLL,tie down and deliver 30 mins less.
Some p/t staff have indoor time which may be sufficient for WTL on certain days....are you starting to see a pattern?
I see the pattern but back in the real world...............
The f/t staff seem to use spare capacity in IPS to attend WTL.
P/t staff are expected to either not attend or rush their delivery to ensure they still finish within their contracted hours.
FTR I can't remember the last time I attended a WTL.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote: P/t staff are expected to either not attend or rush their delivery to ensure they still finish within their contracted hours.
By who?
Management or themselves?
Management can expect all they want but if you don't have time to do it...you don't.
This is now the real world of Royal Mail. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: P/t staff are expected to either not attend or rush their delivery to ensure they still finish within their contracted hours.
By who?
Management or themselves?
Management can expect all they want but if you don't have time to do it...you don't.
This is now the real world of Royal Mail. :neutral:
It doesn't matter how many times it's said, in roll the numpty boys, 0720 start time, coming in at 0600 to prepare their full D2D for the week. Keep complaining to me that although they shouldn't be on IPS they are made to go on for 20,30,40 minutes and I say the same thing over and over again, ......it doesn't matter what you do if you work to your time..............you just leave more in.
Jaggs
Posts: 139
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 11:18
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by Jaggs »

Been at RM since early march and had my first WTL today. Turns out I should have been attending it every week but given I normally start at 9 and the managers schedule it for 8.30 each Tuesday for part timers I've missed them all. Only there for this weeks as I've been asked to go in an hour early to prep my own round so who knows when the next one I attend will be unless they move the time they have it at.
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by bunkerland »

We've not had WTL in months, i complained to manager......but he just said to bring it up at WTL,do you think he's taking the piss? :cry
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by dvbuk55 »

Jaggs wrote:Been at RM since early march and had my first WTL today. Turns out I should have been attending it every week but given I normally start at 9 and the managers schedule it for 8.30 each Tuesday for part timers I've missed them all. Only there for this weeks as I've been asked to go in an hour early to prep my own round so who knows when the next one I attend will be unless they move the time they have it at.
Despite the fact you don't attend you should be given a copy of the agenda to read and to raise any questions you might have about the content.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Jaggs wrote:Been at RM since early march and had my first WTL today. Turns out I should have been attending it every week but given I normally start at 9 and the managers schedule it for 8.30 each Tuesday for part timers I've missed them all. Only there for this weeks as I've been asked to go in an hour early to prep my own round so who knows when the next one I attend will be unless they move the time they have it at.
Despite the fact you don't attend you should be given a copy of the agenda to read and to raise any questions you might have about the content.
.....or you could turn up at 8.30 and book 30mins overtime.
That should bring things to a head.
Sometimes you have to make things happen... :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by walkthewalk »

I'm with fishtank, it's R.M who brought these rules in so it is up to us to make sure every second of the 30 minutes is used, why spend 30 minutes outside in the wind rain snow and a bit of sun, when you can spend it drinking a coffee listening to "worktime bullsh!t"

Would still like to know by anyone in the know if we could have "30 min WTL" made offical, if not then the managers should NOT get their bonuses.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by fishtank »

walkthewalk wrote: Would still like to know by anyone in the know if we could have "30 min WTL" made offical,
It is official...

INVOLVING AND ENGAGING OUR PEOPLE

Further to your letter of the 9th June 2005 and our meeting on employee communications, I promised to summarise recent business standards issued to managers. I was pleased to confirm that these do not supplant existing arrangements for consulting the CWU and that national agreements in this regard would be maintained.

Royal Mail has introduced these communication standards to ensure people are involved and engaged in the company and able to contribute to its success. These mandatory standards for our managers are listed below:

* Communicate everyday, fact to face with your people
* Talk and listen to people about issues that affect them in a timely and consistent way
* Hold pre-shift huddles with your teams
* Hold weekly Work Time Listening and Learning (WTL) sessions
* Spend your Firstline Fix money
* Continually feedback issues from your people up the line and make sure you get answers to their questions
* Manage the noticeboards in your unit and ensure they are regularly updated and reflect the issues that are important to your team
* Encourage your people to participate in the have your say process, share results and involve your team in developing an action plan to improve the office
* Improve performance by consulting with your team
* Celebrate success however small.

In addition to the standards themselves a couple of handbooks/toolkits have been published and more detailed guidelines for managers to follow have been made available on the intranet (copies of which I gave to you when we met).

I do recognise the point you raised that the CWU is not mentioned by name in any of this documentation but I assure you there is no intention to exclude the union and prevent it from being able to fulfil its role as agreed in the IR framework and elsewhere. I can also confirm that in line with the Work Time Learning Agreement copies of the talkabout packs published centrally will be sent to you. I have made arrangements for that to happen and you will start receiving them direct from my colleagues in the involvement and communications team.

Local managers will not use WTL sessions or pre-shift briefings/huddles as replacement for formal negotiations. Negotiable matters will continue to be progressed via the IR Framework Agreement and you will raise any specific concerns with us on behalf of CWU Representatives.

Communicating and involving our people is vital to our success, but this must not be at the expense of full consultation with the CWU, I hope this allays the concerns you raised.

Yours sincerely



Dale Lang

Industrial Relations

Royal Mail Letters
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: WTL

Post by clashcityrocker »

Spend your first line fix money :left:
Celebrate success however small :left:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote: Celebrate success however small :left:
I do that every night. :sad:
Well...maybe not every night.
birthdays and anniversaries really...if i'm lucky
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: Celebrate success however small :left:
I do that every night. :sad:
Well...maybe not every night.
birthdays and anniversaries really...if i'm lucky
Yes! There are expectations and then there is reality.
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8953
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by blue1873 »

Anyone got any idea of how many staff
are supposed to attend WTLL meetings
at the one time :hmmmm
or indeed is there a limit as to how many :hmmmm
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: WTL

Post by POSTMAN »

Any managers want to comment on the lack of WTL for part timers?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.