ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

quote of the decade

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: quote of the decade

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

hulcottflyer66 wrote:As a wise man once said- "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU KNOW WHERE THE DOOR IS"!
STOP WHINING AND GET ON WITH IT!!
Oh the Irony of this post.

If you don't like a forum where people can vent their spleens (within reason) then perhaps you should follow your own advice.

I take it your not a Union man - Why should people leave a job they enjoy just because there are some parts of it that make it less enjoyable. If everyone left their jobs because they did not like it then where would we be. We would be on minimum wages, with no employment rights and complete flexibility for the benefit of the business - why because members of Unions stay in jobs they complain about and by doing so improve the situation.

I think thats why I HATE that particular saying its selfish, insular, self defeating and probably why its fits in so well with the Conservatives/Thatcher outlook on everything. :sad: :sad: :sad:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: quote of the decade

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
hulcottflyer66 wrote:As a wise man once said- "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU KNOW WHERE THE DOOR IS"!
STOP WHINING AND GET ON WITH IT!!
Oh the Irony of this post.

If you don't like a forum where people can vent their spleens (within reason) then perhaps you should follow your own advice.

I take it your not a Union man - Why should people leave a job they enjoy just because there are some parts of it that make it less enjoyable. If everyone left their jobs because they did not like it then where would we be. We would be on minimum wages, with no employment rights and complete flexibility for the benefit of the business - why because members of Unions stay in jobs they complain about and by doing so improve the situation.

I think thats why I HATE that particular saying its selfish, insular, self defeating and probably why its fits in so well with the Conservatives/Thatcher outlook on everything. :sad: :sad: :sad:
What makes it more galling tbt, is the fact we can't get on our bikes anymore to find a new job, they've taken them away :roll:
Cut Off King
Posts: 1078
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: quote of the decade

Post by Cut Off King »

I think that DINGO is right, we would be worse off without an agreement in 2009

Where most of us differ is what that agreement contains

( I personaly think that we should have continued to stop out on strike, increasing the pressure upon RM up to Xmas to achieve a better deal. The CWU said at the time that it was the best deal that they could get because RM had told them that the money had run out (who'd believe what RM tell's you :cuppa ). However we now know that RM has still to open up the books to the CWU. And we also now know that RM had and STILL has £1000,000,000 (1 billion pounds) in a holding account) Why did the CWU fall hook,line & sinker for RM's sob story. :arrrghhh

Under previous CWU leaders we had an increase in T&C

Over the past 10 or so years we have GIVEN away what had previously been hard fought for, all for an increase in pay.

I suppose you reap what you sow.