ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Im proud to be a postman
-
silly suffolk
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 728
- Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
- Gender: Male
- Location: deepest suffolk
Re: Im proud to be a postman
if you don't take pride in yourself and what you do, no one else will.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Im proud to be a postman
I used to love this job, but not anymore. In fact, I now hate and detest the fact that I have little choice but to work for some of the shabbiest b'stards this side of Hell.gremah wrote:I Love this job anyone else ?
Still, it takes all sorts, I suppose.
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: Im proud to be a postman
Last edited by post_bitch on 22 May 2011, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Im proud to be a postman
Yes, I still deliver mail. Yes, I work my hours and not a second more.
But, I feel tired, weary, of having to fight an almost daily battle against ignoramuses masquerading as managers, in order to achieve the latter part of my above statement.
So, nothing really new, just the same old shyte over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, ad nauseum.
Get my drift?
But, I feel tired, weary, of having to fight an almost daily battle against ignoramuses masquerading as managers, in order to achieve the latter part of my above statement.
So, nothing really new, just the same old shyte over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, ad nauseum.
Get my drift?
-
scum_opg
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 28 May 2010, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Im proud to be a postman
gremah wrote:I Love this job anyone else ?
in all honesty i felt that way for the first 4 or 5 months.. i was happy, i was proud of being a postie.. i took pride in my appearance, kept my uniform tidy, polished my shoes/boots every night...
but then the D2Ds started increasing, and my walk got an extra block of flats this week, then next week it was another block, then came the summer lapsed duties, the huge christmas catalogues that had to be shifted in 3 days- always on the heaviest 3 days- then the problems with van drivers refusing to take out over sized items, and so on...
yes the job is great when you have nice weather and your back isnt broken with a pouch thats too heavy despite not being over the RM listed max, when your shoes/boots are still in one piece and not flopping about like a paid of f*cking flip flops, and when you dont have "customer" getting verbally abusive, kids spitting at/on you, and when you dont have dogs chasing you and taking a huge f*cking chunk out your legs... or worse
if the job was the way it used to be... or if we were not treated like fu*king slave labour, and given help to cope with the duties.. ie. more pouch boxes then sure more people would love their job...
wait a few more months and you will see why so many posties have just lost the will to go on... why they only want to do their job and wont do extra, why they all want to jump ship to work somewhere else that doesnt treat them like sh*t.... wait until the next round of IA or "Work to time/rule" starts and you get grief from your DOM, area manager or whoever else is about...
once you have seen the way things actually are in RM as oposed to the "happy wonderland" that they want people to think, and have opened your eyes... then come back and tell us just how much you still love your job...
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Im proud to be a postman
I'm not sure if proud is the right word but I certainly don't mind people knowing what my job is. When I worked in recruitment people looked at you as if you were a traffic warden or something. I think the public like seeing us about, we are probably one of the few constants in day to day life now that 'bobbies on the beat' and milkmen are virtually a thing of the past.
I know conditions have worsened for those of you with a good few years behind you but for me at least the conditions with RM are better than in the recruitment industry. No monitored phone calls or emails, no targets that if not met mean a P45 and no back-stabbing.
I know conditions have worsened for those of you with a good few years behind you but for me at least the conditions with RM are better than in the recruitment industry. No monitored phone calls or emails, no targets that if not met mean a P45 and no back-stabbing.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
Royal_Fail
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Im proud to be a postman
I used to be proud but it doesn't last i've gone through long periods of hating this job mostly because of a**hole managers.
Things are sort of looking up now hoping to get made full time in next month or so with resign only been waiting 9 year
Things are sort of looking up now hoping to get made full time in next month or so with resign only been waiting 9 year
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Im proud to be a postman
Proud, nope
I even dread people asking me these days as i wait for the moans and comments about the service.
I even dread people asking me these days as i wait for the moans and comments about the service.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........