ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

VR Letter for Managers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

dvbuk55 wrote:I don't know if this is across the board and I am on leave this week and consequently unable to verify the subject matter, but I went to post a letter at the DO and one of the guys there who is an indoor worker, told me that all line managers had received a VR letter this Monday gone and either way one of them has to go, we currently have 3 line managers and a DOM ...........................anyone else?
I always assumed you were a manager from some of your posts.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by DGP1 »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I don't know if this is across the board and I am on leave this week and consequently unable to verify the subject matter, but I went to post a letter at the DO and one of the guys there who is an indoor worker, told me that all line managers had received a VR letter this Monday gone and either way one of them has to go, we currently have 3 line managers and a DOM ...........................anyone else?
I always assumed you were a manager from some of your posts.
No, he's just old and grumpy...............just like most of the managers :nervous :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by dvbuk55 »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I don't know if this is across the board and I am on leave this week and consequently unable to verify the subject matter, but I went to post a letter at the DO and one of the guys there who is an indoor worker, told me that all line managers had received a VR letter this Monday gone and either way one of them has to go, we currently have 3 line managers and a DOM ...........................anyone else?
I always assumed you were a manager from some of your posts.
Oh no! Outed yet again....................yes it's true............I have received my letter and I have decided to take the £70,000 and retire gracefully. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Why on earth would you think I'm a manager elvis? And as for being old and grumpy, bah, humbug :cuppa
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

dvbuk55 wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I don't know if this is across the board and I am on leave this week and consequently unable to verify the subject matter, but I went to post a letter at the DO and one of the guys there who is an indoor worker, told me that all line managers had received a VR letter this Monday gone and either way one of them has to go, we currently have 3 line managers and a DOM ...........................anyone else?
I always assumed you were a manager from some of your posts.
Oh no! Outed yet again....................yes it's true............I have received my letter and I have decided to take the £70,000 and retire gracefully. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Why on earth would you think I'm a manager elvis? And as for being old and grumpy, bah, humbug :cuppa
Only joking mate ;)
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by dvbuk55 »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I don't know if this is across the board and I am on leave this week and consequently unable to verify the subject matter, but I went to post a letter at the DO and one of the guys there who is an indoor worker, told me that all line managers had received a VR letter this Monday gone and either way one of them has to go, we currently have 3 line managers and a DOM ...........................anyone else?
I always assumed you were a manager from some of your posts.
Oh no! Outed yet again....................yes it's true............I have received my letter and I have decided to take the £70,000 and retire gracefully. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Why on earth would you think I'm a manager elvis? And as for being old and grumpy, bah, humbug :cuppa
Only joking mate ;)
I know that elvis.................by the way I liked your last gig in Vegas :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
knackeredneedadayoff
Posts: 342
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by knackeredneedadayoff »

Give them all a orange wig and bright red nose the clowns deserve a kick up the ass,i wont shed a tear when they have gone,we are all just a number to them. :left:
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

dvbuk55 wrote:
I know that elvis.................by the way I liked your last gig in Vegas :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I thought my bum looked a bit big in that outfit
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

Anyway, I better go to bed, I'm up in 5 hours.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by Indy »

dvbuk55 wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I don't know if this is across the board and I am on leave this week and consequently unable to verify the subject matter, but I went to post a letter at the DO and one of the guys there who is an indoor worker, told me that all line managers had received a VR letter this Monday gone and either way one of them has to go, we currently have 3 line managers and a DOM ...........................anyone else?
I always assumed you were a manager from some of your posts.
Oh no! Outed yet again....................yes it's true............I have received my letter and I have decided to take the £70,000 and retire gracefully. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Why on earth would you think I'm a manager elvis? And as for being old and grumpy, bah, humbug :cuppa
Only joking mate ;)
I know that elvis.................by the way I liked your last gig in Vegas :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Yo, Elvis... stay away from the burgers :Very Happy
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by fishtank »

Indy wrote: Yo, Elvis... stay away from the burgers :Very Happy
The burgers are fine...just don't go for a number 2 without a doctor and a defibrillator.
Oh and you might want to try a plate of all-bran once in a while.... :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by brothermagrew »

fishtank wrote:
Indy wrote: Yo, Elvis... stay away from the burgers :Very Happy
The burgers are fine...just don't go for a number 2 without a doctor and a defibrillator.
Oh and you might want to try a plate of all-bran once in a while.... :whistle
And if your quack is called Dr Nick change him quick.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote: Oh and you might want to try a plate of all-bran once in a while.... :whistle
Wouldn't you normally have All Bran in a bowl?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:
fishtank wrote: Oh and you might want to try a plate of all-bran once in a while.... :whistle
Wouldn't you normally have All Bran in a bowl?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Four-Doulton-2004 ... 65ffd90068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :so there
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by clashcityrocker »

Spiffingly Vintage - is that your ebay shop?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: VR Letter for Managers

Post by dvbuk55 »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
I know that elvis.................by the way I liked your last gig in Vegas :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I thought my bum looked a bit big in that outfit
It's not like me to be direct Aaron but your arse looks big in everything :Very Happy