ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday booked, off on the sick
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
You have to ask permission to go... If they say no, you can tell them the day before that you're not sick, and then when you get back that you're sick again, but that's a very dangerous game to be playing.
I'd had my holidays booked since a year last April for August, to go on my 1 in 6. In July I started with this head pain stuff so I was off sick, drugged up the eyeballs for the pain and awaiting Neurologist/MRI scan. My DOM actually referred me to ATOS to see whether it would make my condition worse. They said "How the hell should we know?!" but my GP had said it would be OK as long as I took it easy.
Now, mine wasn't technically holiday booked from RM, but I was leaving the country...
I'd had my holidays booked since a year last April for August, to go on my 1 in 6. In July I started with this head pain stuff so I was off sick, drugged up the eyeballs for the pain and awaiting Neurologist/MRI scan. My DOM actually referred me to ATOS to see whether it would make my condition worse. They said "How the hell should we know?!" but my GP had said it would be OK as long as I took it easy.
Now, mine wasn't technically holiday booked from RM, but I was leaving the country...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
peppapig
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 19:07
- Gender: Female
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
mazza111 wrote:FFS is it no bad nuff seeing this shiat every day on the streets of Scotland without seeing it on here too!?!?!
And no, I'm not a bitter tim, or a tim or anything else, just someone who's sick of all this shiat!
Was really looking forward to this week, no football, no bitterness and then come on here to see it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
totally agree with you mazza111!
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
Here is to 55 Bro..ignore they rattlers Bro they are hurting bad and rightly so nae dow 3 in a row the stuff dreams are made of....As for your original query Bro take it up with the Union...Now for more champagne..
...WATP.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
What is hatred, exactly? I might have certain football issues regarding Neil Lennon. I might even want to discuss relative matters – Jock Stein versus Neil Lennon? – but being bombed for being lippy is not on my chart. What Glasgow needs to understand, above all, is the world’s view of Glasgow and its madness.
The bigotry never goes away. Each time I return to Glasgow someone wants to know where I come from, and what I am. Specifically. They want to know how I pray. The fact that I don’t, and they never have, is overlooked. The fact that they couldn’t spell genuflect is one of my smart “Embra” jokes. I say only this. When Glasgow is stricken, someone decides to pull the sectarian card, or finds some juvenile with his head in his colon to do the job instead. It has happened too often to survive, plausibly, as a coincidence. A city is turned against itself, conveniently enough, time and again.
What unites bigots, after all? They are one and the same, with a choice of flags. You need to wonder who benefits, and why bigotry is forever relevant in this little country.
But what do I know? In my memory, odd Uncle Francis is off over the water for the 12th; and Uncle Jim, in a muddy snapshot, is up for his Rising: vice, then versa. I never wanted any part of any of it. I didn’t hate anyone. In my childhood, being Glaswegian involved an obligation to loathe. It made no sense......
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
fishtank wrote:What is hatred, exactly? I might have certain football issues regarding Neil Lennon. I might even want to discuss relative matters – Jock Stein versus Neil Lennon? – but being bombed for being lippy is not on my chart. What Glasgow needs to understand, above all, is the world’s view of Glasgow and its madness.
The bigotry never goes away. Each time I return to Glasgow someone wants to know where I come from, and what I am. Specifically. They want to know how I pray. The fact that I don’t, and they never have, is overlooked. The fact that they couldn’t spell genuflect is one of my smart “Embra” jokes. I say only this. When Glasgow is stricken, someone decides to pull the sectarian card, or finds some juvenile with his head in his colon to do the job instead. It has happened too often to survive, plausibly, as a coincidence. A city is turned against itself, conveniently enough, time and again.
What unites bigots, after all? They are one and the same, with a choice of flags. You need to wonder who benefits, and why bigotry is forever relevant in this little country.
But what do I know? In my memory, odd Uncle Francis is off over the water for the 12th; and Uncle Jim, in a muddy snapshot, is up for his Rising: vice, then versa. I never wanted any part of any of it. I didn’t hate anyone. In my childhood, being Glaswegian involved an obligation to loathe. It made no sense......
Thankfully I've had a few relevant answers to the thread so ill ask you now, WTF is this meant to mean?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
No point in explaining it to you STB...you're inside the "huns and tims" bubble but you really should see it from the outside...simply_the_best wrote: Thankfully I've had a few relevant answers to the thread so ill ask you now, WTF is this meant to mean?
Is there a word for skincrawlingly embarrassingly immature and shameful?
or do we just call it the Old Firm now?.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
TBH you could use the same argument for all great football rivalriesfishtank wrote:No point in explaining it to you STB...you're inside the "huns and tims" bubble but you really should see it from the outside...simply_the_best wrote: Thankfully I've had a few relevant answers to the thread so ill ask you now, WTF is this meant to mean?
Is there a word for skincrawlingly embarrassingly immature and shameful?
or do we just call it the Old Firm now?.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
A wee song to calm the forum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTouKoOV80g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTouKoOV80g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
brothermagrew wrote:A wee song to calm the forum![]()
![]()
![]()
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTouKoOV80g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very good
Could you not just remove the irrelevant posts from the thread and let the offended one's have a thread of their own in the canteen.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
I'll remove my "irrelevant" posts if you can explain to my satisfaction the relevance of the Red Hand in your avatar with reference to the following statement:
Rangers have again urged fans not to make red hand of Ulster salutes after the club avoided a Uefa probe into a complaint by an anti-racism group.
Rangers have again urged fans not to make red hand of Ulster salutes after the club avoided a Uefa probe into a complaint by an anti-racism group.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
clashcityrocker wrote:I'll remove my "irrelevant" posts if you can explain to my satisfaction the relevance of the Red Hand in your avatar with reference to the following statement:
Rangers have again urged fans not to make red hand of Ulster salutes after the club avoided a Uefa probe into a complaint by an anti-racism group.
There is absolutely no relevance whatsoever between that statement and my avatar, you would know that if you knew the difference between a salute and a flag, Rangers don't have a problem with Steven Davis, Kyle Lafferty and David Healy or any Ulster Bears displaying the flag of their countryl, and neither they should. Whats your problem with it?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
CCR - you can hardly complain about somebodies avatar
I assume the RAF doesn't refer to the royal air force.
I assume the RAF doesn't refer to the royal air force.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
Will u stop with all this crap plz! I'm true blue and always will be, but wtf has religion got to do with football!!!!!! Nothing!!!! I don't care who's a tim, who's a hun, who's a jew or who's bloody hindu, leave it out of football! Scoose me but if I'm gonna get called names like this I'll use them too.
Leave it out. We're all human beings! It's one of the things i DON'T miss about working with RM, the bigotry in the office! They know they are doing it, but as long as the DIM supports the same team they get away with it. And as long as we continue to segregate kids in junior school, the longer this bigotry will continue.
Let's teach our kids tolerance of other religions and not segregate them so that they notice differences.
Leave it out. We're all human beings! It's one of the things i DON'T miss about working with RM, the bigotry in the office! They know they are doing it, but as long as the DIM supports the same team they get away with it. And as long as we continue to segregate kids in junior school, the longer this bigotry will continue.
Let's teach our kids tolerance of other religions and not segregate them so that they notice differences.
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
Thanks for the replies to my original query
For the others, try here and tell me if the RHOU is offensive
http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gall ... q2U2L06kKQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
54

For the others, try here and tell me if the RHOU is offensive
http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gall ... q2U2L06kKQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
54

-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Holiday booked, off on the sick
having worked in Glasgow I have seen plenty of these saddos
they just dont see the bigger picture
sealed in their sectarian reality
generations all keeping the cycle going
fools
they just dont see the bigger picture
sealed in their sectarian reality
generations all keeping the cycle going
fools