ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Weird names you've seen?
-
mule
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 15:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Heh... I used to deliver to Ben DeKock, and a Mr. Alan Partridge :)
Oh, and Paul McCartney.
Oh, and Paul McCartney.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Weird names you've seen?
nick clegg and david cameron 
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Saw one today, and it was RTS...
Mr Bobland Marley. ( Think it was supposed to be "Bob and Marley", possibly.) Might be a real name, I don't know.
Maybe someone was trying to somehow "celebrate" one of the greatest singer/songwriters 30th Anniversary of his unfortunate death?
Jah Rule, Man!!!
Mr Bobland Marley. ( Think it was supposed to be "Bob and Marley", possibly.) Might be a real name, I don't know.
Maybe someone was trying to somehow "celebrate" one of the greatest singer/songwriters 30th Anniversary of his unfortunate death?
Jah Rule, Man!!!
-
tobytyke
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 13 May 2009, 22:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Had a packet today for a Mr P Sample. 
-
Thorby Bislam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 495
- Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Desolation Row
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Today in callers office I had a girl named after a singer and a girl named after a song. A Kylie and a Jolene.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Weird names you've seen?
wow thats amazing notThorby Bislam wrote:Today in callers office I had a girl named after a singer and a girl named after a song. A Kylie and a Jolene.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Thorby Bislam wrote:Today in callers office I had a girl named after a singer and a girl named after a song. A Kylie and a Jolene.
I trust they were both satisfied with your ministrations
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Weird names you've seen?
May Swallow 
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Every so often I get one on my walk from Vision Express addressed to a Mr. Dickface Superperson.
I guess that at some point he pissed off a Vision Express employee who took revenge by altering his records on their database.
Odd thing though, I never get them back as an RTS. Too embarrassed, perhaps?
I guess that at some point he pissed off a Vision Express employee who took revenge by altering his records on their database.
Odd thing though, I never get them back as an RTS. Too embarrassed, perhaps?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
mardenq
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 09:02
Re: Weird names you've seen?
lives on my duty
mr robin flucker
mr robin flucker
-
Wiltshireboy
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 31 Oct 2007, 18:14
- Location: Tidworth Wiltshire
Re: Weird names you've seen?
I have a Jay Arthur on my walk.
Actually I have lots of them, metaphorically, but this is actually this blokes name. 
Also a Wayne Kerr.
Also a Wayne Kerr.
-
danieljp
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 14:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: South
Re: Weird names you've seen?
I had a letter for an Arthur Pounder yesterday, and the envelope had been stamped with a logo on the back of a video camera and a home movie companys name 
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Two guys on my walk Wayne Kerr. Mike Hunt.
-
Thorby Bislam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 495
- Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Desolation Row
Re: Weird names you've seen?
Packet today for a Robin Banks.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
-
old-postie
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 15 Jan 2010, 21:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Weird names you've seen?
I used to deliver to a guy who installed showers
his name?
Norman Bates
and I saw one couple announcing in the local newspaper
the birth of their son
Anakin Jude
(poor b@st@d, with parents like that who needs enemies)
his name?
Norman Bates
and I saw one couple announcing in the local newspaper
the birth of their son
Anakin Jude
(poor b@st@d, with parents like that who needs enemies)