ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
-
Throgg
- Posts: 255
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 17:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice
Fishtank, are you a rep?
-
1234
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 23 May 2010, 14:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice
Yeah,normally local rep would be first port of call, but this was sprung on me at short notice when no one was around on sat.Pinky 1 wrote:To be fair, he states he has a union rep who has already put a stop to it once before, but on this occasion he couldn't get hold of him, re OPbringon4dayweeks wrote:he should have a union rep who would tell dim he cant just do thisfishtank wrote:You been at the sherry bo4dw?bringon4dayweeks wrote:cheers fishtankpokos27 wrote:they are moving a lot of full timers at the moment, especially if they are slow.
-
1234
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 23 May 2010, 14:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice
Went OK.
Well expected aggro aside that is.
I'll keep this updated for anyone else in the same boat.
Rather not go into details right now (anonymity an all that
)
Well expected aggro aside that is.
I'll keep this updated for anyone else in the same boat.
Rather not go into details right now (anonymity an all that
-
1234
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 23 May 2010, 14:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
Here we go again.
1st time the local rep didn't know about notive and had to ring another rep.
The rep on the phone said its only 1 weeks notice.
I didn't bother pursuing the 28 day notice or EA issue as I thought it was all sorted out.
Also threatened with suspension until rep on phone said 1 weeks notice needed.
14th may I got a letter in post dated 13th may saying I am on the hybrid
starting 16th may. Letter states this was agreed in a meeting on 9th may.
Trouble is I have been on a weeks leave since 9th may with 16th being 1st day back.
Haven't seen or spoken to DOM at all...
Even if 1 weeks notice is correct, this isn't 1 weeks notice.
They are now trying to say I am a reserve as well.
Last repick I signed for my job and was on it.
They are now saying that is not valid as the hybrid has no FT cover (not enough FT, no one wants hybrid)
so the repick is not finished.
I said if that is the case I have no duty, but my contracted hours are still mornings.
I have never signed for a reserve duty.
Had enough, local reps don't seem to know anything about 28 days or
EA (executive action I assume?).
Anyway, can anyone help with where to find details of 28 days and EA in any online docs
I can print out, or CWU agreement that contains this info.
Really appreciate any help on this, thanks in advance.
1st time the local rep didn't know about notive and had to ring another rep.
The rep on the phone said its only 1 weeks notice.
I didn't bother pursuing the 28 day notice or EA issue as I thought it was all sorted out.
Also threatened with suspension until rep on phone said 1 weeks notice needed.
14th may I got a letter in post dated 13th may saying I am on the hybrid
starting 16th may. Letter states this was agreed in a meeting on 9th may.
Trouble is I have been on a weeks leave since 9th may with 16th being 1st day back.
Haven't seen or spoken to DOM at all...
Even if 1 weeks notice is correct, this isn't 1 weeks notice.
They are now trying to say I am a reserve as well.
Last repick I signed for my job and was on it.
They are now saying that is not valid as the hybrid has no FT cover (not enough FT, no one wants hybrid)
so the repick is not finished.
I said if that is the case I have no duty, but my contracted hours are still mornings.
I have never signed for a reserve duty.
Had enough, local reps don't seem to know anything about 28 days or
EA (executive action I assume?).
Anyway, can anyone help with where to find details of 28 days and EA in any online docs
I can print out, or CWU agreement that contains this info.
Really appreciate any help on this, thanks in advance.
-
BT2010
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
i cant find a doc containing the 28 day rule.....
seems the rule of thumb is-
change to duty content- no notice.
one off change to start finish times- 24hrs.
perm change of start finish times 28 days.
would be good to find the agreement containing it though.
seems the rule of thumb is-
change to duty content- no notice.
one off change to start finish times- 24hrs.
perm change of start finish times 28 days.
would be good to find the agreement containing it though.
-
1234
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 23 May 2010, 14:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
Cheers BT, I've been trawling these looking for something:
http://www.cwu.org/11586/agreements.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=28277" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
General employment, not RM specific, mostly states that its related to contract and union agreements:
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... 16161.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ ... G_10028079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know a lot of people probably think whats the problem, but I think I am going to be dumped on the
hybrid permanently as no one wants it.
Cheers for taking the time
http://www.cwu.org/11586/agreements.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=28277" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
General employment, not RM specific, mostly states that its related to contract and union agreements:
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... 16161.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ ... G_10028079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know a lot of people probably think whats the problem, but I think I am going to be dumped on the
hybrid permanently as no one wants it.
Cheers for taking the time
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
Change to your start time without agreement cannot happen until the IR framework has been exhausted.
That is the reason for the 28 day time-frame.
Stage 1 by unit rep. Submit stage 1 grievance form,7 days to reach agreement.
Stage 2 by Aea Rep. Submit stage 2 grievance form 7 days to reach agreement.
Stage 3 at Divisional level. Submit stage 3 grievance form 14 days to reach agreement.
During this procedure there should be no enforced change in start time...your rep should be aware of this,
These are the grievance forms you need.... http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ce#p230728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The reason for the individual grievance procedure is because you have been singled out and it is not an office wide change to start times.
That is the reason for the 28 day time-frame.
Stage 1 by unit rep. Submit stage 1 grievance form,7 days to reach agreement.
Stage 2 by Aea Rep. Submit stage 2 grievance form 7 days to reach agreement.
Stage 3 at Divisional level. Submit stage 3 grievance form 14 days to reach agreement.
During this procedure there should be no enforced change in start time...your rep should be aware of this,
These are the grievance forms you need.... http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ce#p230728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The reason for the individual grievance procedure is because you have been singled out and it is not an office wide change to start times.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
1234
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 23 May 2010, 14:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
Cheers fishtank, do you know where the 28 day time frame is in any of the agreements.
I can't find anything, the PDF's are scanned paper copies so text search doesn't work.
Just a rough idea so I know which one to look in
Can they get around IR framwork (internal resourcing?) by claiming it is only temp, even
if its quite likely to be an extended period.
Cheers for the grievance doc links, got a feeling this is headed that way...
I can't find anything, the PDF's are scanned paper copies so text search doesn't work.
Just a rough idea so I know which one to look in
Can they get around IR framwork (internal resourcing?) by claiming it is only temp, even
if its quite likely to be an extended period.
Cheers for the grievance doc links, got a feeling this is headed that way...
-
MinisterofCucumber
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 22:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
1234,
You are not a reserve and the duty lists will be evidence of this. If you are moved to hybrid training how will your duty be covered?
Your duty is not being collapsed, is it?
If not, why are you being singled out for hybrid training?
Training is voluntary.
It is important that you respond in writing to the letter you received on the 14th May:
"Dear manager,
Thank you very much for your letter dated 13.05.11.
Thank you for offering me the opportunity to train to do the hybrid duty. I regret to inform you I will not be taking up your offer and I would be grateful if you would offer this training to a volunteer who wishes to take advantage of this opportunity.
Yours sincerely,
1234."
If you are a duty holder and your duty still exists, turn up for work at your normal duty time on Monday.
You are not a reserve and the duty lists will be evidence of this. If you are moved to hybrid training how will your duty be covered?
Your duty is not being collapsed, is it?
If not, why are you being singled out for hybrid training?
Training is voluntary.
It is important that you respond in writing to the letter you received on the 14th May:
"Dear manager,
Thank you very much for your letter dated 13.05.11.
Thank you for offering me the opportunity to train to do the hybrid duty. I regret to inform you I will not be taking up your offer and I would be grateful if you would offer this training to a volunteer who wishes to take advantage of this opportunity.
Yours sincerely,
1234."
If you are a duty holder and your duty still exists, turn up for work at your normal duty time on Monday.
"You wanna f**k with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" - Tony Montana
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
IR Framework reaching local agreement stage 1-3.1234 wrote: I can't find anything, the PDF's are scanned paper copies so text search doesn't work.
Just a rough idea so I know which one to look in![]()
Your manager and rep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
1234
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 23 May 2010, 14:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
Cheers, I'll print that off, I'll be going in with a load of paper 0630 monday, dug out my original contract I signed many years ago as well
stating OPG postman (not afternoons
)
I know I'm probably putting a dartboard on my back, but I'm past caring.
Someone has to be first to stand up.
If that is me then so be it, I'm used to it now
Cheers for the help and info, there's a lot in RM who would be walked all over were it not for this place.
stating OPG postman (not afternoons
I know I'm probably putting a dartboard on my back, but I'm past caring.
Someone has to be first to stand up.
If that is me then so be it, I'm used to it now
Cheers for the help and info, there's a lot in RM who would be walked all over were it not for this place.
-
1234
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 23 May 2010, 14:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
No I'm not a reserve and never have signed for a reserve duty.MinisterofCucumber wrote:1234,
You are not a reserve and the duty lists will be evidence of this. If you are moved to hybrid training how will your duty be covered?
Your duty is not being collapsed, is it?
If not, why are you being singled out for hybrid training?
Training is voluntary.
It is important that you respond in writing to the letter you received on the 14th May:
"Dear manager,
Thank you very much for your letter dated 13.05.11.
Thank you for offering me the opportunity to train to do the hybrid duty. I regret to inform you I will not be taking up your offer and I would be grateful if you would offer this training to a volunteer who wishes to take advantage of this opportunity.
Yours sincerely,
1234."
If you are a duty holder and your duty still exists, turn up for work at your normal duty time on Monday.
My old job had been collapsed, we had a repick, I've signed and been on the job I signed for.
The problem is we don't have enough FT staff to cover all the FT duties.
The hybrid is bottom of the list and no one has signed for it, no one wants it.
So based on that they are saying the re-pick does not stand and I am a reserve.
Fair enough I can live with not having my own duty if that is the case.
The reserves are shift cover.
TBH I think they know the tagging me as reserve won't hold water as they tried it last time
(original post on this thread) but seem to have dropped it for now.
According to them no duty means you are a reserve with shift changes at no notice
All of it caused by them cutting our place back too much and creating dumb duty structures they can't fill.
Cheers for taking the time
-
1234
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 23 May 2010, 14:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
Went in today with stage 1 grievance form and copy of DOM's letter.
I had never agreed at any point to do afternoons.
Went round in circles.
DOM and local rep saying I did agree, me saying I did not.
I stated I will work my hours 0630-1430.
Net result - suspended from duty for refusing to do the hybrid hours.
I didn't refuse to do the duty, I said I would do the walk part and IPS in my
contracted hours 0630-1430.
Had a mate as impartial witness to verbal suspension.
http://cwule.org/cc.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Back on later, need to ring area rep.
I had never agreed at any point to do afternoons.
Went round in circles.
DOM and local rep saying I did agree, me saying I did not.
I stated I will work my hours 0630-1430.
Net result - suspended from duty for refusing to do the hybrid hours.
I didn't refuse to do the duty, I said I would do the walk part and IPS in my
contracted hours 0630-1430.
Had a mate as impartial witness to verbal suspension.
http://cwule.org/cc.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Back on later, need to ring area rep.
-
George door to dawes
- Posts: 378
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
They suspended you and your rep took the DOMs side!?
what a bunch of c****! sorry to hear about your struggles 1234 wish you the best of luck with your grievence forms.
-
BT2010
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to change shift - short notice - updated
here is something fishtank put up last week that may be of interest 1234.......
Suspension is not supposed to be used as a disciplinary punishment.
It is a precautionary measure to protect either you,your colleagues,the mail or Royal Mail's good name.
Suspension is not supposed to be used as a disciplinary punishment.
It is a precautionary measure to protect either you,your colleagues,the mail or Royal Mail's good name.