ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
cycle to work scheme
-
hitman69
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 17:49
- Gender: Male
cycle2work
does anyone have the username and password from the courior for the cycle to work scheme thanks
-
hitman69
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 17:49
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle2work
halfords employer code is wot i need thanks
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: cycle2work
loads of thereads on this so I will merge this with one of them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work scheme
On that website i get this message:
We are sorry, but Royal Mail Group's Cycle2work scheme is not currently open.
The scheme will be temporarily closed from Saturday 4th of December 2010 and will re-open on Tuesday 4th January 2011. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
We are sorry, but Royal Mail Group's Cycle2work scheme is not currently open.
The scheme will be temporarily closed from Saturday 4th of December 2010 and will re-open on Tuesday 4th January 2011. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work scheme
How weird,i managed to get on but when you go through the motions it comes up as closed!
I think they have fecked up with their redirecting of web pages.
You can contact them here if you want...
cycle2.work@halfords.co.uk
I think they have fecked up with their redirecting of web pages.
You can contact them here if you want...
cycle2.work@halfords.co.uk
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
hitman69
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 17:49
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work scheme
any one recomend a decent back will be travelling about 6 miles and want a good bike thanks
-
crezz
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 25 Apr 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work scheme
depends on what you want to spend, the new carrera bikes are real good quailty
-
BettySwollocks
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12
Re: cycle to work scheme
If u want a mountain bike, i'd recommend the Boardmanhitman69 wrote:any one recomend a decent back will be travelling about 6 miles and want a good bike thanks
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If u want a hybrid, i also have a Marin Muirwood http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/images/prod_18107.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, although mine is a 2009 model, i love it to bits, fantastic bike
but they don't stock it at Halfords, i got it from Leisure Lakes bikes, they no longer have the Muirwood,
but this looks similar http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/produc ... ?&id=15960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leisure Lakes accepted the Halfords voucher at the time (2 years ago) but if u intend going there, ring them first to make sure that they still do,
i'd recommend this shop, it has a much better selection than Halfords.http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/articl ... px?&id=228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
as for which type of bike to go for, my personal preference is for a Hybrid for roads and smooth paths, they are relatively lightweight, and faster than mountain bikes, but no suspension.
for country/forest trails and off road, the MTB comes into its own, but its slightly heavier and the width and tread on the tires affects your speed.
good luck.
-
crezz
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 25 Apr 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work scheme
halfords told me they will order in any bike you want, and if they cant get it, phone the cycle to work scheme and they will sort out alternative places
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work scheme
Halfords are useless at actually assembling the bikes they sell. I'm well into my mountain biking myself and have bought a few bikes down the years. I don't use this scheme because I don't need to but just thought I'd warn anybody who shops at Halfords to make sure they check the build themselves before they ride out. Oh, and whilst I'm here, I'll show you the bikes I'm after:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=49198" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/produc ... ?&id=14722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/roc ... e-ec024338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/san ... e-ec026131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm going for an upgrade soon but I'm finding it really hard to choose between the four. They're all scrummy. I'd probably go with the Santa Cruz right now if they were all standing naked in front of me, but I'm not sure. Still a few months to decide.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=49198" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/produc ... ?&id=14722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/roc ... e-ec024338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/san ... e-ec026131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm going for an upgrade soon but I'm finding it really hard to choose between the four. They're all scrummy. I'd probably go with the Santa Cruz right now if they were all standing naked in front of me, but I'm not sure. Still a few months to decide.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work scheme
Sorry to piss on your parade but RM limit the cost of the bike to £500!taurus88 wrote:Halfords are useless at actually assembling the bikes they sell. I'm well into my mountain biking myself and have bought a few bikes down the years. I don't use this scheme because I don't need to but just thought I'd warn anybody who shops at Halfords to make sure they check the build themselves before they ride out. Oh, and whilst I'm here, I'll show you the bikes I'm after:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=49198" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/produc ... ?&id=14722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/roc ... e-ec024338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/san ... e-ec026131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm going for an upgrade soon but I'm finding it really hard to choose between the four. They're all scrummy. I'd probably go with the Santa Cruz right now if they were all standing naked in front of me, but I'm not sure. Still a few months to decide.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work scheme
As I said in my post: I don't use this scheme because I don't need to but just thought I'd warn anybody who shops at Halfords to make sure they check the build themselves before they ride out.Indy wrote:Sorry to piss on your parade but RM limit the cost of the bike to £500!taurus88 wrote:Halfords are useless at actually assembling the bikes they sell. I'm well into my mountain biking myself and have bought a few bikes down the years. I don't use this scheme because I don't need to but just thought I'd warn anybody who shops at Halfords to make sure they check the build themselves before they ride out. Oh, and whilst I'm here, I'll show you the bikes I'm after:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=49198" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/produc ... ?&id=14722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/roc ... e-ec024338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/san ... e-ec026131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm going for an upgrade soon but I'm finding it really hard to choose between the four. They're all scrummy. I'd probably go with the Santa Cruz right now if they were all standing naked in front of me, but I'm not sure. Still a few months to decide.and no you can't add to it!
I will be buying my next bike myself - just like the previous ones.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: cycle to work scheme
Sorry Taurus88, didn't read your post correctly.... after a Saturday night on the razz I was a bit tired!
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: cycle to work scheme
appolo phaze 20 inch luv itcrezz wrote:depends on what you want to spend, the new carrera bikes are real good quailty
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"