ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal wedding level of interest

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

Royal Wedding

Poll ended at 30 Apr 2011, 12:21

True Royalist I'll be watching all day and joining in the street party I've bought all that "tat" I can get my hands on.
0
No votes
I'm just watching it on TV (No street Party)
9
9%
Not that bothered either way
42
42%
I don't agree with the principle of a Royal Family but will watch the wedding anyway
1
1%
I am against the principle of a Royal Family and will boycott anything to do with it.
21
21%
Viva La Revolution
13
13%
Other (pro Royal)
6
6%
Other (anti Royal)
7
7%
 
Total votes: 99

TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by TeeferTiger »

I'm not really pro or anti Royal tbf. They serve a purpose in getting the tourists in and it's nice to have someone to go off representing the country rather than the tit of a PM we have. I don't wish the "happy couple" any harm, I just could give a flying fugg about their wedding.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by NWpostie »

I am fairly Royalist, met Prince Philip once, ok chap.

The wedding itself is privately paid for as far as I am aware, Prince Charles is picking up the tab, the rest is security cost that comes out of the public purse, inevitable considering the scale of event, I am pretty sure the Royal Couple would prefer to marry privately and with as little fuss as possible, unfortunately their profile, public and media interest in them makes this impossible. there is also the lunatic fringe that is looking to spoil their day, anti Royalist, Muslim protesters, anarchist etc, they should have some respect for their day, these self same prats wouldn't like their wedding, parties etc disturbed so do not inflict it on others.

I wish them well, Prince William might actually make a good King having the common touch.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
DavidUK
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 Aug 2010, 21:22
Gender: Male
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by DavidUK »

pants123 wrote:
AnotherLimey wrote:I find the whole thing quite vulgar considering what's going on in the country at the moment!
i totally agree,, its disgusting,, we are royality and can do as we please, spend tax payers money,, on our lavish life style, no expense spared,,, spend millions on our wedding,,,,, while at the same time people are losing thier jobs, homes, families struggling to feed thier families,,,,, cannot afford to servive........... i know what will be doing friday, and thats not watching the rubbish royal wedding because the whole thing is quite vulgar....... :Sick :Sick :Sick

You are wrong about 'millions on our wedding'. The families themselves are paying for the wedding. And the cost to the taxpayer of the whole Royal Family is around 62p per year so we're hardly being robbed!! Even this paltry sum is more than compensated for by the revenue brought into the economy by tourism etc. Furthermore, many of the Royal undertake excellent charity work and Prince Harry and Prince Andrew have also served their country in the Armed Forces, when they didn't have to or need to.

If you are bitter about your life, then do something about it to improve yourself. You'll feel a whole lot better I promise!! :dance
DavidUK
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 Aug 2010, 21:22
Gender: Male
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by DavidUK »

NWpostie wrote:I am fairly Royalist, met Prince Philip once, ok chap.

The wedding itself is privately paid for as far as I am aware, Prince Charles is picking up the tab, the rest is security cost that comes out of the public purse, inevitable considering the scale of event, I am pretty sure the Royal Couple would prefer to marry privately and with as little fuss as possible, unfortunately their profile, public and media interest in them makes this impossible. there is also the lunatic fringe that is looking to spoil their day, anti Royalist, Muslim protesters, anarchist etc, they should have some respect for their day, these self same prats wouldn't like their wedding, parties etc disturbed so do not inflict it on others.

I wish them well, Prince William might actually make a good King having the common touch.

Yes, obviously the security bill will be footed from the public purse, but as British citizens Kate and William are just as entitled to protection as the rest of us. It's just that given their high profile they need a whole lot more security.

By the way, both the 'anarchist' and Nazi Muslim grouplets have bottled it and called off their promised 'protests'. It's clear they didn't quite fancy the level of public 'antipathy' that would have been directed towards them!!
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by NWpostie »

DavidUK wrote:
NWpostie wrote:I am fairly Royalist, met Prince Philip once, ok chap.

The wedding itself is privately paid for as far as I am aware, Prince Charles is picking up the tab, the rest is security cost that comes out of the public purse, inevitable considering the scale of event, I am pretty sure the Royal Couple would prefer to marry privately and with as little fuss as possible, unfortunately their profile, public and media interest in them makes this impossible. there is also the lunatic fringe that is looking to spoil their day, anti Royalist, Muslim protesters, anarchist etc, they should have some respect for their day, these self same prats wouldn't like their wedding, parties etc disturbed so do not inflict it on others.

I wish them well, Prince William might actually make a good King having the common touch.

Yes, obviously the security bill will be footed from the public purse, but as British citizens Kate and William are just as entitled to protection as the rest of us. It's just that given their high profile they need a whole lot more security.

By the way, both the 'anarchist' and Nazi Muslim grouplets have bottled it and called off their promised 'protests'. It's clear they didn't quite fancy the level of public 'antipathy' that would have been directed towards them!!
Re my bold, given the level of resentment against the anarchist and Muslim Nazis, they will not survive 10 minutes after having seven bells knocked out of them, I would love to have a ringside seat for that one :Very Happy they will be slaughtered simple as.

The Army forum I'm on, are secretly hoping there will be some action by the Cavalry against the great unwashed/Terry/anyone who kicks off about the wedding :Very Happy http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar/161820 ... dding.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and so am I :Very Happy
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 877
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by mazza111 »

Not bothered either way, but will tune in to see her dress. How I would love for her to turn up in white leather mini dress with white leather knee high boots just to piss off the establishment. Now that's my kinda wedding dress! :wink:
pants123

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by pants123 »

DavidUK wrote:
pants123 wrote:
AnotherLimey wrote:I find the whole thing quite vulgar considering what's going on in the country at the moment!
i totally agree,, its disgusting,, we are royality and can do as we please, spend tax payers money,, on our lavish life style, no expense spared,,, spend millions on our wedding,,,,, while at the same time people are losing thier jobs, homes, families struggling to feed thier families,,,,, cannot afford to servive........... i know what will be doing friday, and thats not watching the rubbish royal wedding because the whole thing is quite vulgar....... :Sick :Sick :Sick

You are wrong about 'millions on our wedding'. The families themselves are paying for the wedding. And the cost to the taxpayer of the whole Royal Family is around 62p per year so we're hardly being robbed!! Even this paltry sum is more than compensated for by the revenue brought into the economy by tourism etc. Furthermore, many of the Royal undertake excellent charity work and Prince Harry and Prince Andrew have also served their country in the Armed Forces, when they didn't have to or need to.

If you are bitter about your life, then do something about it to improve yourself. You'll feel a whole lot better I promise!! :dance
i'm not bitter about my life, i'm in a o.k position, and feel very good about life in general, i tend to think about other people before myself, and i know there is a lot of good people in britian who are in a position of dispair,, who will feel quite low on friday...... with this wedding plastered all over the media,,,
Danelectro
Posts: 1058
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by Danelectro »

'For all men being originally equal,no one by birth should have a right to set up his own family in perpetual preference to
all others for ever,and though himself might deserve some decent degree of honors of his contemporaries,yet his descendants might be far too unworthy to inherit them .

One of the strongest natural proofs of the folly of hereditary right in kings,is that nature disaproves it,otherwise she
wouldnt so frequently turn it into ridicule by giving mankind an ass for a lion!'

THOMAS PAINE (1776)

the argument was won a long time ago,some reasons given here in support of the royal family are laughable.

PRINCE CHARLES IS PAYING FOR IT! I suppose thats out of the money he earns working double shifts at tesco is it?

THEY BRING IN TOURISM! If all the palaces,gardens and homes were open to the public and the vast royal art collections
were on display how much more tourism would that attract?On a lighter note how much would your average yank/chinese
/japenese tourist pay to have a dump on the Queens lavie! We could probably build a new hospital a year out of that alone.

America and France are the top tourist destinations in the world and they are republics.If David Cameron and the like
want to keep the royal family then why dosnt he do what hes gonna do to Royal Mail and privatise the german spongers?!

NAZI MUSLIMS! I dont recall any muslim getting pisst at a party and wearing a swastika armband like price f***ing
harry.Also if you know the history of the Windsors youll find they have rather more strong connections with Nazi Germany.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by fishtank »

but as British citizens Kate and William are just as entitled to protection as the rest of us.
Next time some ned comes at me with a broken bottle i'll just let my bodygaurds deal with it. :roll:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by clashcityrocker »

Is Kate a virgin?
Is that still a requirement for would be queens?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by steven100 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Is Kate a virgin?
Is that still a requirement for would be queens?

No chance a think all these toffs partcipate in orgies every weekend :shock: . Or maybe its the keys in the middle. :nana
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by fishtank »

steven100 wrote: No chance a think all these toffs partcipate in orgies every weekend :shock: . Or maybe its the keys in the middle. :nana
You need to stop watching those DVD's steven....your eyesight will suffer. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
steven100 wrote: No chance a think all these toffs partcipate in orgies every weekend :shock: . Or maybe its the keys in the middle. :nana
You need to stop watching those DVD's steven....your eyesight will suffer. :nervous
That's just an urban legend, I can see perfectly foshtook :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by steven100 »

DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
steven100 wrote: No chance a think all these toffs partcipate in orgies every weekend :shock: . Or maybe its the keys in the middle. :nana
You need to stop watching those DVD's steven....your eyesight will suffer. :nervous
That's just an urban legend, I can see perfectly foshtook :nervous

Actually Kate is a commoner according to channel 5.

DVDs are old news its now the internet :nana
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal wedding level of interest

Post by fishtank »

If the wedding really was like this i might watch.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share