for a time a few years back... i was on a walk and didnt have the car (no i didnt use it to delivery from, or carry mail in) as it was in the garage getting work done for an MOT... anyway for 2 or 3 days (i forget which) i had to use the local bus service to get home ... got on the bus on day one.. paid my fare... got on the bus on day 2... i got waved past and got it for free... day 3 i was told i couldnt get a direct service so the first service didnt charge me, while the second leg did charge me...
its mostly down to the individual driver... some of the older guys "comp" us for free... while the newer guys have never known to do it...
so long as your in uniform and have your pouch, you stand a chance of getting it for free... but its a never asured...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
posties getting buses
-
levantzawn
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 21 Oct 2009, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Re: posties getting buses
I'm given a bus voucher which I exchange for a weekly ticket.This works out way dearer than paying in cash every day but the managers seem happy enough to use this system.Even next week when I'll only be using it for three days they're not bothered about the expense.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: posties getting buses
Got our new bus passes this week -

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.