That may have been tongue in cheek but it's already happening in my office. Two sprinters are taking bundles from their partners so they can get finished earlier.BELIAL wrote:Hope I get a flier in the P&L repickHe's gonna be knackered every day
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
OnAFlyer wrote:That may have been tongue in cheek but it's already happening in my office. Two sprinters are taking bundles from their partners so they can get finished earlier.BELIAL wrote:Hope I get a flier in the P&L repickHe's gonna be knackered every day
theres one in our office who goes out and does the lapsing while his partner is on his break
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Had a row with an early starter yesterday morning. Someone had a go at him for starting early then he started on me(the joys of being a rep) for sitting at my frame having a cuppa, reckons i should'nt be in the building before my time WTF!
I've been stopping people starting early for weeks now and almost everyone has stopped, if they come in early they sit at their frames, this 'prick' has everything prepped before his start time. He is now going to be counselled.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
superteamu10
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 10:07
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Bloody hell, I wish we had a rep like you in our place. Mind you, you would have a job on with our lot with 98% coming in early and not taking breaks.Stormproof wrote:Had a row with an early starter yesterday morning. Someone had a go at him for starting early then he started on me(the joys of being a rep) for sitting at my frame having a cuppa, reckons i should'nt be in the building before my time WTF!I've been stopping people starting early for weeks now and almost everyone has stopped, if they come in early they sit at their frames, this 'prick' has everything prepped before his start time. He is now going to be counselled.
Even the ones coming in early are getting bullied for going over their time and wanting to book, but the few of us who are doing the job properly are really up against it.
I actually have to defend myself when the DOM secretly counted my mail and when they called me up as I'd cut off the previous day, they couldn't tell me how long I was actually at my fitting so they guessed it, they couldn't tell me how many items I had thrown off and they excluded 415 D2D'S that I had spent 20 mins throwing off out of a total of just 35 mins prop time that I actual had when they concluded there so called test.
I didn't realise that D2D'S were optional, I thought they were in the workload. Maybe as they are not counted in these selective tests, then I will select when or if I do them.
They also tried to compare me with somebody else who came in 30 mins early and yet can't see that my rate of 11 would be double if they counted my D2D'S.
The point is that they don't know what a fair figure is for a sustained period of sorting different types of mail. Nobody does, unless you test the whole office independently with agreed practices.
I think they wouldn't want to do that because although they are 'thick', they have enough sense to realise that most people would be pass any 'fair' test and that they couldn't bully us into doing what the rest of the arses in our office are doing and that is making the unachievable look very much achievable.
Not that I am angry or anything.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Is that not the real problem? It's a selfish business. Almost no posties will look out for another , nor the collective. It's 'only me' that they are bothered about.banjo1t wrote:Know how you feel, that's why I wrapped in being a unit rep, the majority of the a*** h***s in my office are totally selfishhappy wrote:what makes really bad is when as a rep you get a postman telling you that there round is to big and you get the dom to take streets of the walk and then the postman comes in early and does not take his break and gets done 1 hour early the dom says thats b##### them streets are going back on that dutys f##### w#### make me sick why the f#### would you want to be a rep for them f###
and could'nt give a s***t about the union or the office, unless it's anything that affects them personally, then they come running to you!
I'm afraid you can get some other mug do it.
I do not really understand the culture. I'm willing to help others...
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
I was willing to help others. I always used to throw a hand in and help people with their prep if they had been stuffed up by the managers. But, I began to notice, when it was me, the same people I had helped weren't rushing to my aid. Even when they had come in twenty minutes early and had already bagged up ready to go as I walked in the door. They were far more interested in sitting by the IPS, twiddling their thumbs, staring vacantly into space until the manager let them go out to play. So I asked myself, why should I bother? I'm the kind of guy who likes to help people out, but everyone else in Royal Mail seems to have inherited a 'me, me, me' culture. Why should I help them if they're just selfish twats?hampshireman wrote:Is that not the real problem? It's a selfish business. Almost no posties will look out for another , nor the collective. It's 'only me' that they are bothered about.banjo1t wrote:Know how you feel, that's why I wrapped in being a unit rep, the majority of the a*** h***s in my office are totally selfishhappy wrote:what makes really bad is when as a rep you get a postman telling you that there round is to big and you get the dom to take streets of the walk and then the postman comes in early and does not take his break and gets done 1 hour early the dom says thats b##### them streets are going back on that dutys f##### w#### make me sick why the f#### would you want to be a rep for them f###
and could'nt give a s***t about the union or the office, unless it's anything that affects them personally, then they come running to you!
I'm afraid you can get some other mug do it.
I do not really understand the culture. I'm willing to help others...
-
banjo1t
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
It was my first day today, on the new P&L method,
actually it went quite well for ME (not RM)
I started dead on my time, worked till my break, had a nice refreshing cuppa.
Saw that I could not complete, left a full shelf, Bagged the remainder
(My buddy partner did the same) set off at the correct time.
Had a relaxing saunter round in the sunshine, we saw that we still had too much,
phoned DOM, another spare colleague came out and took a bag off us.
Finished dead on our time.
At the same time some idiots came in early, went out with ALL their walks, without taking a break
probably rushed round, finished back at the office, the same time as me!!!
HA HA HA HA!!!
actually it went quite well for ME (not RM)
I started dead on my time, worked till my break, had a nice refreshing cuppa.
Saw that I could not complete, left a full shelf, Bagged the remainder
(My buddy partner did the same) set off at the correct time.
Had a relaxing saunter round in the sunshine, we saw that we still had too much,
phoned DOM, another spare colleague came out and took a bag off us.
Finished dead on our time.
At the same time some idiots came in early, went out with ALL their walks, without taking a break
probably rushed round, finished back at the office, the same time as me!!!
HA HA HA HA!!!
______________________________________________________________
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Wilful delay?banjo1t wrote:It was my first day today, on the new P&L method,
actually it went quite well for ME (not RM)
I started dead on my time, worked till my break, had a nice refreshing cuppa.
Saw that I could not complete, left a full shelf, Bagged the remainder
(My buddy partner did the same) set off at the correct time.
Had a relaxing saunter round in the sunshine, we saw that we still had too much,
phoned DOM, another spare colleague came out and took a bag off us.
Finished dead on our time.
At the same time some idiots came in early, went out with ALL their walks, without taking a break
probably rushed round, finished back at the office, the same time as me!!!
HA HA HA HA!!!
-
homerj
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Sorry to report guys but.....
I am a new recruit, started in March & I do start half an hour early, I don't like working for nothing but.....
If I miss the van leaving I feel guilty that it's me that's just slow, I realize this could be conceived as them taking the p155 but I do it for me not them, I hope that when I am up to speed I will be able to start on time...
Your views ?
I am a new recruit, started in March & I do start half an hour early, I don't like working for nothing but.....
If I miss the van leaving I feel guilty that it's me that's just slow, I realize this could be conceived as them taking the p155 but I do it for me not them, I hope that when I am up to speed I will be able to start on time...
Your views ?
-
banjo1t
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Totally correct, management should be done for wilful delay, for creating these walks that are far too big!!Hitcher wrote:Wilful delay?banjo1t wrote:It was my first day today, on the new P&L method,
actually it went quite well for ME (not RM)
I started dead on my time, worked till my break, had a nice refreshing cuppa.
Saw that I could not complete, left a full shelf, Bagged the remainder
(My buddy partner did the same) set off at the correct time.
Had a relaxing saunter round in the sunshine, we saw that we still had too much,
phoned DOM, another spare colleague came out and took a bag off us.
Finished dead on our time.
At the same time some idiots came in early, went out with ALL their walks, without taking a break
probably rushed round, finished back at the office, the same time as me!!!
HA HA HA HA!!!
______________________________________________________________
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Understand totally why you would feel like that. You are 'letting your driver/co-worker etc down'.homerj wrote:Sorry to report guys but.....
I am a new recruit, started in March & I do start half an hour early, I don't like working for nothing but.....
If I miss the van leaving I feel guilty that it's me that's just slow, I realize this could be conceived as them taking the p155 but I do it for me not them, I hope that when I am up to speed I will be able to start on time...
Your views ?
The truth is that you are not!!!!. You have only just started ; so why should be up to 'speed'
Dont sweat it , don't worry about it. Do your job to the rules; and let the local management worry about how you get to your delivery start.
The whole deal is not a problem ; don't let it become one.
-
homerj
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
I do feel pressured a little to make the van in time, even starting half an hour early I finish at 1400 without a break but listening to what some of the lads are advising me to do I am now booking 30 mins overtime as I am supposed to have a 30 min break, I don't want to work for nowt but I also want to earn my keep so to speak, I see some of the lads with ample time to talk & have a laugh & still finish early....
I hope I reach that point soon lol
I hope I reach that point soon lol
-
tvpunter
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 17:28
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Thing is...posties have been showin the job can be done faster for years and now you all wanna be straight down the line..do this do that..look at yourself and take responsibility for the position that here and happning.
This is England
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
If your coming in early because your new or you dont know the round its normal to book it as o/t - `new to duty`- back date it as well.
Ask the rep for advice on this - doesnt matter if your not in the union yet.
Ask the rep for advice on this - doesnt matter if your not in the union yet.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Not in our office.Brains wrote:If your coming in early because your new or you dont know the round its normal to book it as o/t - `new to duty`- back date it as well.
Ask the rep for advice on this - doesnt matter if your not in the union yet.