ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Revenge on awkward customer storys

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Used to be an old Postie in our office that would stick the mail in dog s**t before he posted it, if someone had upset him! :shock: Don't know how he explained it but I don't remember him ever get a bollocking for it, perhaps the stroppy customer took the hint! :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Royal_Fail
Posts: 398
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by Royal_Fail »

I used to have some idiot give me grief every two weeks when his giro was due he would pretty much follow me round on his bike which would result in me taking more breaks and leaving him till last,anyway i found out before xmas he wasn't even living at the address so i grassed him up and i've not seen him since :angel
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Know what you mean Royal. Used to deliver to a village with a store/post office. Every dole day this scrouger would come looking for me. Usual story was he needed his Giro so he could get some food & milk for his kids as the shop closed for dinner.
Fell for it the first couple of times. :d'oh!
Then I noticed him rushing off to the the shop and coming back laden with cans of beer. Asshole. :mad Never got his Giro early again, in fact I made sure I delivered it when the shop was shut. :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
dubdaz
Posts: 264
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
Gender: Male
Location: london borough in kent

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by dubdaz »

I'd been on a regular walk for 3 years, one of my customers at the beginning of the walk had a brick built porch with a oak door and large letterbox.The front door on the inside had one of those annoying virtical letterboxes the size of a box of fags soI used to leave her mail in the porch.Anyway what annoyed me is she all of a sudden makes an official complaint against me leaving her mail in the porch instead of putting it through the secondary letterbox inside. Why she could'nt have just told me herself thats what she wanted I dont know (I'd have been happy to oblige), instead to go to the trouble of making an official complaint really just bugged me.So from then on EVERYDAY I got her out of bed to answer the door because nothing fitted through her tiny letterbox,it used to take her ages to wake up and open up 'fort knox' but I did'nt care I just used to say 'GOOD MORNING' in a polite but obviously insincere manner.In the end she was begging me to 'just leave it in the porch', sorry says I but I cant do that till you write another letter to my manager saying thats what you want. :speak to the hand
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by chunk »

One customer very long garden with winding path of big stone flags surrounded with gravel
very rude about me straying of path onto gravel
like it was some sort of Japanese Zen garden. :crazy:
knowing the customer was watching me as i left
i paused to tie my shoelaces in a touch your toes fashion. :whistle
I held the pose for a count of three. :nana
you can repeat next day if your still peeved.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
vigilante
Posts: 1155
Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
Gender: Male
Location: dangerously close

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by vigilante »

dubdaz wrote:I'd been on a regular walk for 3 years, one of my customers at the beginning of the walk had a brick built porch with a oak door and large letterbox.The front door on the inside had one of those annoying virtical letterboxes the size of a box of fags soI used to leave her mail in the porch.Anyway what annoyed me is she all of a sudden makes an official complaint against me leaving her mail in the porch instead of putting it through the secondary letterbox inside. Why she could'nt have just told me herself thats what she wanted I dont know (I'd have been happy to oblige), instead to go to the trouble of making an official complaint really just bugged me.So from then on EVERYDAY I got her out of bed to answer the door because nothing fitted through her tiny letterbox,it used to take her ages to wake up and open up 'fort knox' but I did'nt care I just used to say 'GOOD MORNING' in a polite but obviously insincere manner.In the end she was begging me to 'just leave it in the porch', sorry says I but I cant do that till you write another letter to my manager saying thats what you want. :speak to the hand

I like that.
Exactly what I would have done mate! :Very Happy
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
superteamu10
Posts: 94
Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 10:07
Gender: Male

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by superteamu10 »

As I had been on my walk quite a few years I thought I could trust certain people and used to pop some recorded's through if they weren't there. ( not now though for anybody).

I put one through for this 'gay' chap and the next day he came out of his house and I thought he was going to thank me for posting his recorded, but he came over all unnecessary and had a go at me over it saying he should sign for it etc.

I was surprised as I had always thought I got on with him and his partner, not like that you understand, but just friendly chat.
I said "okay, it won't happen again", but he then went and put an official complaint in against me.

A few weeks later I had a recorded for him and his boyfriend answered, so I said is mr ### in and he said he was out at the moment, but I can take it.

I said " I bet you can", but I'm afraid that only mr #### can sign for it and wrote out a 739 and said that he will have to collect it at the office which was miles away.

We are friends again now though. I was annoyed and acted a bit girly over it.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

superteamu10 wrote:A few weeks later I had a recorded for him and his boyfriend answered, so I said is mr ### in and he said he was out at the moment, but I can take it.
I said " I bet you can", but I'm afraid that only mr #### can sign for it and wrote out a 739 and said that he will have to collect it at the office which was miles away.
Be careful on that one in the future, your actions set yourself up for a ligitimate complaint... Recorded and Specials can be signed for by anybody who answers the door at the address on the item of mail, not just the addressee.
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by wheresourmoney »

I have customers on my walk who tend to lay in till the pm,and when i ring the bell with a recorded or packet they dont answer the door untill they see me walking down the path after i have written the docket out,they then rush down to the door and start shouting to me to come back,its then that i cop a deaf un so they have to run after me half naked and shoeless,when they catch up i politly tell them that i have just that second given their pkt to the driver and that if they want it today they have to go and collect [we have no parking spaces at our office and double yellows and parking zones for a half mile radius.while all the time his pkt is in my bag
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Revenge on awkward customer storys

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Used to tell any customers that used to catch up with me later that as they hadn't been in I had put their parcel in the safe in the back of my van, which was time locked and I couldn't open it until I got back to the Office! :Very Happy
After watching their faces fall I'd Tell them it was just a wind up...UNLESS I DIDN'T LIKE THEM! :dance
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)