ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ANY GOOD MANAGERS??
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
Re: ANY GOOD MANAGERS??
No! not anymore. I can honestly say that there is not one manager in the whole area that I would speak to if I met them in the street or local pub, my rep says that I have to speak to my manager at work because failing to do so could be seen as bullying...ffs! Liars, cheats, cowards, bullies. Our lastest bully, cheap nylon shirt and big shiney badge, I wouldn't piss in his face if his f#cking head was on fire!.....I kid you not! 
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: ANY GOOD MANAGERS??
Our line managers are all pretty good tbh. The Dom stays in his office (if he's even in the building) and we hardly ever see him, which is fine by me.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: ANY GOOD MANAGERS??
Even with a full bladder, I doubt you could produce enough urine to put out a fire.luddite wrote: Our lastest bully, cheap nylon shirt and big shiney badge, I wouldn't piss in his face if his f#cking head was on fire!.....I kid you not!
Apparently urine is good as an antiseptic in cases of snake venom having been squirted into someone's eyes.
So in future perhaps - "I wouldn't piss in his face if snake venom had been squirted in his eyes" would be a more appropriate sentence.
Fully appreciate he sentiment behind both.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: ANY GOOD MANAGERS??
I don't know what is meant by good manager. To some on this site, a good manager seems to be their idea of a good bloke or lass, whereas a bad manager is somebody who is not a good bloke or lass. The truth surely is that a good manager needs to be firm, but fair. Harsh, but only when harshness is deserved. She or he needs to have soft and hard hands, for when the occasion merits it, and must be able to deal with the disastrous days, and the more frequent good days, without ever letting on that they were dealing with anything much at all that was beyond the call of duty. That is what managers are there for. They're not there to be friends with you, nor enemies. They should know you, and if possible know what makes you tick - that is to say that they must know what makes you work - but beyond that they are there to manage. Royal Mail management, from what I have seen, seems to be made up of horrible people who cannot manage, and nice people who cannot manage.
It's for that reason that chaos is the order of the day here, there, and everywhere.
It's for that reason that chaos is the order of the day here, there, and everywhere.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: ANY GOOD MANAGERS??
taurus - you are correct.
The problem with RM has been the policy of promoting from within.
For the most part they are not managers, they are postmen/women in a shirt (and tie.)
They have no management background. They have little/no management training. They are bereft of any people skills.
From start to finish they are a shower of s**t.
When you add to that the problems faced by the communications industry, (declining volumes ), the problems created by deregulation and the attempts to change a public service into a business with a business model that isn't fit for purpose, you see why we are in the state we are in.
The problem with RM has been the policy of promoting from within.
For the most part they are not managers, they are postmen/women in a shirt (and tie.)
They have no management background. They have little/no management training. They are bereft of any people skills.
From start to finish they are a shower of s**t.
When you add to that the problems faced by the communications industry, (declining volumes ), the problems created by deregulation and the attempts to change a public service into a business with a business model that isn't fit for purpose, you see why we are in the state we are in.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: ANY GOOD MANAGERS??
The horrible people can't manage, but do have a certain skill when it comes to bullying - unfortunately there are plenty of soft people in the business that let it happen to them. Having said that I'm more inclined to put in a bit extra for a manager that's not a twat! So to all you arsehole managers that are on this site - being a knob doesn't always pay...They should know you, and if possible know what makes you tick - that is to say that they must know what makes you work - but beyond that they are there to manage. Royal Mail management, from what I have seen, seems to be made up of horrible people who cannot manage, and nice people who cannot manage
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3292
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: ANY GOOD MANAGERS??
any good managers yes all the ones 6ft under
-
Post Off
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13
Re: ANY GOOD MANAGERS??
At our orifice, and for a good while too, we've had some good managers (my opinion, not everyone). Before around about 2001 (I think?) we had some right sh*tebags. Ones' that I could easily have seen myself going for (in a violent manner). If I had to put up with some of the scumbag management that I've read about on these forums there's no telling how I would have reacted. That alone frightens the fugg out of me, as I can become quite a murderous little fugger, despite looking like a push over... It's not what you look like (as some fugger found out to the pain of two cracked ribs), but what will push you over the top.
I wouldn't want to be in your position, where all the managers are more interested in hanging around the coffee machine than really managing people. Seems to me the union isn't making it clear that no matter how timid we may appear that it just isn't on that we can be bullied into doing work for nothing.
Why should these c***s be allowed to go home precisely when they're time is up, while expecting the workforce (or more timid ones) to be working all amounts of time and breaking their own routines, and sometimes for nothing. It's just not good enough. I mean, where is the union in all of this? Why are they not making it clear to these guvnors that you and I are not to be fugged around with? If they can fugg off at their appointed time, then why can't we?
If we were all doing the same job, something that wasn't dependent on us all being of the same fitness and health, then that would be great, as we would probably be accused of all being robots, anyway. This job is being fugged around with so much that it's a wonder why we're not banging on the doors of the CWU, making it known that if our demands are not met (in this area), that we will seek to discontinue to make our funds available for them.
I wouldn't want to be in your position, where all the managers are more interested in hanging around the coffee machine than really managing people. Seems to me the union isn't making it clear that no matter how timid we may appear that it just isn't on that we can be bullied into doing work for nothing.
Why should these c***s be allowed to go home precisely when they're time is up, while expecting the workforce (or more timid ones) to be working all amounts of time and breaking their own routines, and sometimes for nothing. It's just not good enough. I mean, where is the union in all of this? Why are they not making it clear to these guvnors that you and I are not to be fugged around with? If they can fugg off at their appointed time, then why can't we?
If we were all doing the same job, something that wasn't dependent on us all being of the same fitness and health, then that would be great, as we would probably be accused of all being robots, anyway. This job is being fugged around with so much that it's a wonder why we're not banging on the doors of the CWU, making it known that if our demands are not met (in this area), that we will seek to discontinue to make our funds available for them.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/