arty_morty wrote:Not even a year in too. I really enjoyed my job until very recently, even though it's the crappest drive in the world. Now though the small 'perks' I used to get, like having a few SDs taken off me when I do the missort run, have been taken away. Our DOM isn't the type to discuss problems either. He makes a decision and sticks by it even though he may be wrong. His refusal to even talk about certain issues is very frustrating. It's like dealing with a 6 year old who sticks their fingers in their ears and shouts "I can't hear you".
Last week he even told me that the manager at the missort hub had complained that I get there too early! So, the next time I was there I asked him why he had complained. I knew what the answer would be, he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. It turns out one of his favourites (some woman who's been on light duties for about 75 years) who has to take over missort duties after I've tied up reckons she has too much to do. Must be tough sitting around the office all day on her arse.
Anyway, I'm job hunting.
ARTY MATE IT SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE HAD IT TO GOOD THE PAST YEAR AND A BIT OFF HARD WORK NOW MATE YOUR SPITTIN YE DUMMY OUT PAL.HAHAHA
True, I've had it very easy. I have a drive nobody wanted. It was advertised in our office and throughout RM internally before being posted on the RM careers page. When I started everyone told me how s**t the drive was and the other drivers were over the moon as they didn't have to cover it anymore.
My typical day goes something like:
Do the missorts for two offices, we share a building. Tie them up and then take them to the missort hub. Get back and have my meal relief. Then I load my van, which usually consists of at least 2 yorks of packets and 20-30 SDs. I also take out 5 postmen to their start points as well as doing their bag drops. Once I finish all that I get to do my own walk of 300 points. The DOM used to take a few SDs off my drive to make the day a bit easier but not anymore.
If that's your idea of having it good then I pity your job. If not then stick that dummy up your backside. Please.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
I am also fed up with this job, nearly 4 years in and every week and sometimes everyday doing different walks, yet there are people at my place that have been doing the same walk since they got there, and have been there not as long as me ?, it seems you are punished if you can do more than 1 walk.
arty_morty wrote:My typical day goes something like:
Do the missorts for two offices, we share a building. Tie them up and then take them to the missort hub. Get back and have my meal relief. Then I load my van, which usually consists of at least 2 yorks of packets and 20-30 SDs. I also take out 5 postmen to their start points as well as doing their bag drops. Once I finish all that I get to do my own walk of 300 points. The DOM used to take a few SDs off my drive to make the day a bit easier but not anymore.
That really dont sound like much fun. Esp the 300 call walk at the end
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
arty_morty wrote:My typical day goes something like:
Do the missorts for two offices, we share a building. Tie them up and then take them to the missort hub. Get back and have my meal relief. Then I load my van, which usually consists of at least 2 yorks of packets and 20-30 SDs. I also take out 5 postmen to their start points as well as doing their bag drops. Once I finish all that I get to do my own walk of 300 points. The DOM used to take a few SDs off my drive to make the day a bit easier but not anymore.
That really dont sound like much fun. Esp the 300 call walk at the end
that might be better then mine come in sort 2dutys then take part of a walk that has cut off and do 3 yorks packets and take postman to start point and then if i am lucky put a broom up my arse and sweep the floor
arty_morty wrote:Not even a year in too. I really enjoyed my job until very recently, even though it's the crappest drive in the world. Now though the small 'perks' I used to get, like having a few SDs taken off me when I do the missort run, have been taken away. Our DOM isn't the type to discuss problems either. He makes a decision and sticks by it even though he may be wrong. His refusal to even talk about certain issues is very frustrating. It's like dealing with a 6 year old who sticks their fingers in their ears and shouts "I can't hear you".
Last week he even told me that the manager at the missort hub had complained that I get there too early! So, the next time I was there I asked him why he had complained. I knew what the answer would be, he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. It turns out one of his favourites (some woman who's been on light duties for about 75 years) who has to take over missort duties after I've tied up reckons she has too much to do. Must be tough sitting around the office all day on her arse.
Anyway, I'm job hunting.
ARTY MATE IT SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE HAD IT TO GOOD THE PAST YEAR AND A BIT OFF HARD WORK NOW MATE YOUR SPITTIN YE DUMMY OUT PAL.HAHAHA
True, I've had it very easy. I have a drive nobody wanted. It was advertised in our office and throughout RM internally before being posted on the RM careers page. When I started everyone told me how s**t the drive was and the other drivers were over the moon as they didn't have to cover it anymore.
My typical day goes something like:
Do the missorts for two offices, we share a building. Tie them up and then take them to the missort hub. Get back and have my meal relief. Then I load my van, which usually consists of at least 2 yorks of packets and 20-30 SDs. I also take out 5 postmen to their start points as well as doing their bag drops. Once I finish all that I get to do my own walk of 300 points. The DOM used to take a few SDs off my drive to make the day a bit easier but not anymore.
If that's your idea of having it good then I pity your job. If not then stick that dummy up your backside. Please.
ooooooooooooo my jobs easy mate and i am a driver with the new delivery methods in ,so you would never no hahaha
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"