the storey teller who are you?The Storey teller wrote:Russell1973 and Sharpjambo should hang their heads in shame. You lot have only got yourselves to blame for your brothers having to come in early to get the job done. Both of those managers are ripping the pish out of you lot and you just stand by and do nothing. They were both in my office last year telling us all how they had beaten Hamilton. They didn't last for more than a fortnight with our lot
workers of the land unite
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
-
sharpjambo
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 15:19
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
-
skull
- Posts: 450
- Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
BELIAL wrote:I guess It's just the human condition. You will always get insecure half wits who will lick the bosses arse. PT'ers who come in 2hrs. early and throw off packets ,and pt'ers who come in 2hrs. early and throw off other PT walks.What can you do if some folks feel born into slavery?PS. I've tried talking to them ,but they seem incapable of understanding even simple logic and reasonLets face it, a fair percentage of delivery staff are extremely compromised in the IQ area,so maybe we should just let them cut their own throats
At least the one's you talk to seem incapable of understanding . The early starters and break workers I try and point in the right direction totally understand and agree with me that what they do is bonkers . The progress I think I've made is knocked back the next day when they return to their old habits
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
skull wrote:BELIAL wrote:I guess It's just the human condition. You will always get insecure half wits who will lick the bosses arse. PT'ers who come in 2hrs. early and throw off packets ,and pt'ers who come in 2hrs. early and throw off other PT walks.What can you do if some folks feel born into slavery?PS. I've tried talking to them ,but they seem incapable of understanding even simple logic and reasonLets face it, a fair percentage of delivery staff are extremely compromised in the IQ area,so maybe we should just let them cut their own throats
At least the one's you talk to seem incapable of understanding . The early starters and break workers I try and point in the right direction totally understand and agree with me that what they do is bonkers . The progress I think I've made is knocked back the next day when they return to their old habits. At our place there are two or three genuine cases where posties are hard done by and treated like crap but you could times that number by 10 for the posties who inflict misery on themselves . We've got posties working eight - ten hour days without a break
.
Bye
-
Hitchens is God!
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Not to sound funny or cruel, but people are who go in early are sad and pathetic, like most of the losers who work at my DO, working for free and for no palpable reward.
-
vigilante
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: dangerously close
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Our jobs as reps would be a lot easier if it wasn't for these people!!!
I have tried to work out their mentality many times and have had numerous arguments with management over it.
They are completely selfish and don't consider unity an option, every office has got em!!
Coming in two hours early, doing IPS to get as much of their own mail as they can to prep (which is derogatory to office figures suggesting we need less time on IPS),searching to fish out their own mec bundles,
walk around every five minutes and pull three letters from the IPS, load their bags earlier than anyone else then sit on the budgie perch until the miss-sort run comes in, looking vacant.
Overload their cars with mail then drive out and use it like a van on delivery,come in so early that they throw off and walk around gassing in the office pissing everybody else off.
No wonder the union struggles with power with so many of these idiots around, it is our achillies heel i'm afraid.
Unity is strength my friends.
I have tried to work out their mentality many times and have had numerous arguments with management over it.
They are completely selfish and don't consider unity an option, every office has got em!!
Coming in two hours early, doing IPS to get as much of their own mail as they can to prep (which is derogatory to office figures suggesting we need less time on IPS),searching to fish out their own mec bundles,
walk around every five minutes and pull three letters from the IPS, load their bags earlier than anyone else then sit on the budgie perch until the miss-sort run comes in, looking vacant.
Overload their cars with mail then drive out and use it like a van on delivery,come in so early that they throw off and walk around gassing in the office pissing everybody else off.
No wonder the union struggles with power with so many of these idiots around, it is our achillies heel i'm afraid.
Unity is strength my friends.
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Staff going in Sundays to prep D2D? That's got to be the best one yet surely, i'm not sure I even believe it.
Having said that we are trialling some walks at the minute, I walked in at 6.20 yesterday to see 2 of the staff on those walks already throwing off, almost fully prepped. (they start at 6.45). And one guy runs around, taking extra bundles from his partner and gets back to the office before 1pm because he has 'issues' - then tells us the walk is rubbish.
He's got f*cking issues alright

Having said that we are trialling some walks at the minute, I walked in at 6.20 yesterday to see 2 of the staff on those walks already throwing off, almost fully prepped. (they start at 6.45). And one guy runs around, taking extra bundles from his partner and gets back to the office before 1pm because he has 'issues' - then tells us the walk is rubbish.
He's got f*cking issues alright
-
superteamu10
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 10:07
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
I had a go at a colleague earlier on this week as he actually had a go at me as I was going for my break. It was as if I was skiving and he was being forced to work.
This is a guy who comes in before 5am for a 5.45am start.
Unfortunately, it seems impossible to educate people in our office. They all moan and threaten to cut off, yet when break comes there are just the 3 of us as usual and we are the ones getting bullied if we have to cut off.
The rest are flying out in their cars and are back in early the next day.
We now have a situation where after the revision certain drivers have had so much taken off them as they were supposed to be looking after 4 people with conveyancing, bags to hand etc, but find themselves with hardly anything to do.
Great for them you might think, but how long before more hours are cut?
This is a guy who comes in before 5am for a 5.45am start.
Unfortunately, it seems impossible to educate people in our office. They all moan and threaten to cut off, yet when break comes there are just the 3 of us as usual and we are the ones getting bullied if we have to cut off.
The rest are flying out in their cars and are back in early the next day.
We now have a situation where after the revision certain drivers have had so much taken off them as they were supposed to be looking after 4 people with conveyancing, bags to hand etc, but find themselves with hardly anything to do.
Great for them you might think, but how long before more hours are cut?
-
Post Off
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
vigilante wrote:Our jobs as reps would be a lot easier if it wasn't for these people!!!![]()
I have tried to work out their mentality many times and have had numerous arguments with management over it.
They are completely selfish and don't consider unity an option, every office has got em!!
Coming in two hours early, doing IPS to get as much of their own mail as they can to prep (which is derogatory to office figures suggesting we need less time on IPS),searching to fish out their own mec bundles,
walk around every five minutes and pull three letters from the IPS, load their bags earlier than anyone else then sit on the budgie perch until the miss-sort run comes in, looking vacant.
Overload their cars with mail then drive out and use it like a van on delivery,come in so early that they throw off and walk around gassing in the office pissing everybody else off.
No wonder the union struggles with power with so many of these idiots around, it is our achillies heel i'm afraid.![]()
Unity is strength my friends.
I can see why they do it. They have cars, like I did once, and getting in early is the only way to get on top of your workload so that you can avoid parking fines / restrictions.
Now, I'm not condoning it -- far from it. This really needs to be addressed by the CWU in a way that will allow its members to carry on using their cars but not to the detriment of all those around them facing more unrealistic workloads because of these selfish actions...
I have an idea that won't go down too well... How about those continuing to flout what's not on to be thrown out of union membership.
Of course, some peeps will say that's it's not worth it anyway, but I would argue that it is, very much so, especially where an individual's needs are being attacked, such as going for a reasons to urge, or whatever it's called. No, believe it or not, we need our union, if only for that.
When our orifice had night time duties I too used to get in a bit earlier, though not ridiculously earlier as one or two hours. Back then, it was two deliveries, so I hope you can forgive me. There have also been times -- recently where I have worked for free, but only so that I could take advantage of my growing fitness. If my guvnor was like some of the horror stories that I have read on this forum I would be now a shop steward, or something like, I was when I was a shop steward for the TGWU. I was proud to have worked for recognition back then for London Cab Co., which unfortunately is no more.
The CWU will have to work harder to make things work. I don't know how, but we just can't go on blaming each other like this. If it was up to me, and if I was brilliant at communication, I would have tried to do something by now.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
If i start early i finish early had a few run ins with FULL TIMERS about this issue..Do the job properly blah,blah blah. So Monday to Friday these BULLIES go on about taking their 45 min break...Yet come a Saturday they are like s**t of a shovel and they can't get out the door fast enough...makes me laugh stuff them i say..If EVERYONE was to do the job properly then i wouldn't have a problem with it..But until that day comes they can go and get stuffed as far as i am concerned.. 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
I ain't doing it until everyone else does...so there. 
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
MinisterofCucumber
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 22:18
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Am I right that the starting times were made later so that RMG didn't have to pay an early starting allowance?
If you come in early voluntarily, RMG gets the letters to the public earlier without having to pay the deliverer a bit extra for getting up at the crack of dawn. People who let themselves get taken advantage of are taking the British habit of 'musn't grumble' too far.
If you lick the manager's arse, all you will get is a brown tongue.
If someone has a genuine reason for starting earlier, the earliest they could start would be their start time minus the total amount of daily break minutes. This is because they would be forced to take their break after initial prepping and before the missorts arrive.
Have I got this right?
If you come in early voluntarily, RMG gets the letters to the public earlier without having to pay the deliverer a bit extra for getting up at the crack of dawn. People who let themselves get taken advantage of are taking the British habit of 'musn't grumble' too far.
If you lick the manager's arse, all you will get is a brown tongue.
If someone has a genuine reason for starting earlier, the earliest they could start would be their start time minus the total amount of daily break minutes. This is because they would be forced to take their break after initial prepping and before the missorts arrive.
Have I got this right?
"You wanna f**k with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" - Tony Montana
-
banjo1t
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Don't think this is going to apply, after your office changes to the new P&L scheme.
As you will be working with a mate in a shared van, it would be pointless coming in early,
It would be doubtful if get a partner who is as keen as yourself, who wants to....
run round, cut corners, don't take breaks, with a full 4.5hr bladder pissy pants, (i don't think I'd want to work with you either!)
We have a guy like this at our office, he works so quick he makes more mistakes, and he is worse of than just doing it properly!
Even if your work partner, came in early at the same time as yourself, you try and get a flier....
The boss has you both in the office the next day, querying why you both finished an hour early?
As you will be working with a mate in a shared van, it would be pointless coming in early,
It would be doubtful if get a partner who is as keen as yourself, who wants to....
run round, cut corners, don't take breaks, with a full 4.5hr bladder pissy pants, (i don't think I'd want to work with you either!)
We have a guy like this at our office, he works so quick he makes more mistakes, and he is worse of than just doing it properly!
Even if your work partner, came in early at the same time as yourself, you try and get a flier....
The boss has you both in the office the next day, querying why you both finished an hour early?
______________________________________________________________
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
THRRPPPP..... Now 'JOG ON' you dizzy DOM
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Hope I get a flier in the P&L repick
He's gonna be knackered every day 
Bye
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
banjo1t wrote:Don't think this is going to apply, after your office changes to the new P&L scheme.
As you will be working with a mate in a shared van, it would be pointless coming in early,
It would be doubtful if get a partner who is as keen as yourself, who wants to....
run round, cut corners, don't take breaks, with a full 4.5hr bladder pissy pants, (i don't think I'd want to work with you either!)
We have a guy like this at our office, he works so quick he makes more mistakes, and he is worse of than just doing it properly!
Even if your work partner, came in early at the same time as yourself, you try and get a flier....
The boss has you both in the office the next day, querying why you both finished an hour early?
You should be a rocket scientists..
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE
Predictable is the word....I take it you are FULL TIME IN A SETTLED WALK..a piece of pissfishtank wrote:I ain't doing it until everyone else does...so there.