ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D change How did it affect earnings
-
scrapsaturdays
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 09:16
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
I dont do any overtime .I am F/t and my P60's have been almost the same for the last 5 years ,as usual any pay % increase is lost through loss of allowances. Most weeks do 3or4 D2D. I think I am probably worse off.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
Matching this pay week to the corresponding one from last year ( I keep my pay chits) I am down on gross pay by £134.00 and IIRC we did not get the ratification payment till week 5 of the 2010/2011 tax period.
So if we discount the £400 and for sake of argument say that the average amount of D2Ds remained the same (it didn't it was higher) then I am down £534.00 on the same pay chit as last year.
However didn't we have a pay out in may 2009 of £516 if we did then this would mean that I am only slighty dowm. However we had a general election in May last year and that garnered an extra £60 which is not matched in the previous year here.
So after a bit of number crunching I think I am down somewhere between £100 and £200
So if we discount the £400 and for sake of argument say that the average amount of D2Ds remained the same (it didn't it was higher) then I am down £534.00 on the same pay chit as last year.
However didn't we have a pay out in may 2009 of £516 if we did then this would mean that I am only slighty dowm. However we had a general election in May last year and that garnered an extra £60 which is not matched in the previous year here.
So after a bit of number crunching I think I am down somewhere between £100 and £200
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
Teebs don't forget that we didn't lose D2D payments until 7th June,so there are 2 months worth to go on/off.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Midnight+13
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
Lost over £1000 with the loss of D2D payments and early shift allowance. Now working twice as hard for less money, cheers Royal Fail & the CWU, nice 1! 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
Remember that your pay from April 2009-April 2010 will include any IA loss of wages.
Not a lot for some....feckin loads for others...
Not a lot for some....feckin loads for others...
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
£2000 up for me.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
edwardo
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
losing money myself 5 D2D this week 750 doors some duties in office only 3 some weeks certain duties none , and not even half the calls ,if we are losing supp.then let us know and be up front about it i dont mind as long as they are honest something they haven t been recently CWU and MANAGEMENT
-
pop it in pete
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 09 Jun 2007, 23:03
- Location: lazy town
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
I think TUPE will apply as we are public employees, arnt we?fishtank wrote: I agree that supplements,pay protection and MTSF will be first to go once we are privatised but don't think that basic pay is safe.
It's questionable whether TUPE rules will apply but even if they do that won't protect us for long.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
fishtank wrote:I agree that supplements,pay protection and MTSF will be first to go once we are privatised but don't think that basic pay is safe.pop it in pete wrote:It wouldnt surprise me if the delivery suppliment goes afterall it is only a three year agreement and they are working out with the torys how to get out of it as we type.
It should have gone into basic pay then it would be safe. D2D is into workload now so why pay us twice for doing one item of work ie delivering mail to an address.
It's questionable whether TUPE rules will apply but even if they do that won't protect us for long.
I dont think TUPE applies as we will still work for RM, RM will simply have diferent owner.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
About 1 grand higher. Did work my day off a lot more often though.
The amount of council tax I pay on a flat week has gone up as pre BT2010 a flat week was less than £5 ESA and no DTD but the supplement for a 30 hour week is £15 so that was enough to tilt me into a higher % deduction band.
The amount of council tax I pay on a flat week has gone up as pre BT2010 a flat week was less than £5 ESA and no DTD but the supplement for a 30 hour week is £15 so that was enough to tilt me into a higher % deduction band.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
anyone no what this s**t is on the week 1 wage slip MGV SCHEDDY AND THEN THEY TAKE 2 HOURS AT THE WEEKDAY SCHEDDY WHICH IS WORTH MORE

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
Naturally!.....................I was £2000 downgb93 wrote:£2000 up for me.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
dvbuk55 wrote:Naturally!.....................I was £2000 downgb93 wrote:£2000 up for me.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
gb93 wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Naturally!.....................I was £2000 downgb93 wrote:£2000 up for me.![]()
![]()
-
mrpostman85
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:41
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D change How did it affect earnings
Surely D2D being added to work load should mean a revision shouldn't it? We now have twice as many D2D's most weeks and have not been given any extra time to complete them which means most of us come in early to prep them or stay after duty just to get them done! I do a delivery with around 720 calls and used to get around £40 per week for 3 lots. Now I'm delivering 5-6 lots most weeks for £20 and still having to prep in my own time.....as per usual all complaints fall on deaf ears....cut off and I get threatened with the conduct code and my union rep is f****n useless! On top of this we have implemented the buddy system, a delivery method which is slower than a walk with a pouch. With this delivery method came a revision where we LOST hours and with the extra time it takes to drag a trolley round and deliver parcels we're well and truly stuffed! It's at the point now where the trolleys don't touch the floor they stay in the van and if you finish on time on a light day you've done really well.....most days are an hour over the top....minimum! 2010 and beyond....to where the land of the f****n fairies!