ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sign AND print your name!
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Sign AND print your name!
I put two dashes where they have to sign as I'm handing it over , and explain. There's still some divs who muck it up though.
In all fairness, the form is a piss-poor piece of design, and printed in semi-invisible ink. Does anyone else find it a bit of an embarrassment to use?
In all fairness, the form is a piss-poor piece of design, and printed in semi-invisible ink. Does anyone else find it a bit of an embarrassment to use?
-
Post Off
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13
Re: Sign AND print your name!
Yeah, like everything in RM -- it's just not fit for use. The new ones' (whatever number their called?) where the customer has to write in the time, there are now four boxes in that little space with those almost imperceptible red lines. If it wasn't bad enough getting them to print and sign, it's now almost bloody impossible. Fugg me if they're not now trying to squint even harder than before.
Everything about RM is s**t -- their PDAs, the above, the newer and smaller undersized redirection envelopes, the redirection sachets (even had fugging translucent pink ones, ffs!), not to mention all the other crap we have to put up with. Everything in RM smacks of not being thought through enough, and if it has it was because it was done in-house -- bunch o' c***s!
Everything about RM is s**t -- their PDAs, the above, the newer and smaller undersized redirection envelopes, the redirection sachets (even had fugging translucent pink ones, ffs!), not to mention all the other crap we have to put up with. Everything in RM smacks of not being thought through enough, and if it has it was because it was done in-house -- bunch o' c***s!
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Sign AND print your name!
I don't have nearly as many problems with the signatures as many of you guys seem to have. I guess it goes to show that not all Postmen are retarded ... not all Postmen possess a fundamental inability to provide clear and concise instructions ...
-
srilfc2011
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 18 Feb 2011, 23:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Sign AND print your name!
I tell them to sign and print on No.1 etc.. and its a struggle for them to find it.Today a man printed his name in the squares where the ref number goes,made it fit as well
it is such a simple task what is wrong with people
-
youwot!!!!!
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 582
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 14:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: oop north
Re: Sign AND print your name!
Judgee wrote:da'bunny wrote:When getting people to sign for their recordeds and specials what is it they dont get ,when i ask "can you sign AND print your name please" then point to where i need it? Everyday i get more than one person only doing one or the other or signing in the wrong place. I even had someone sign the clear plastic once
Yup had someone sign on the plastic too!!! But you have to bear in mind that many of these people have just woken up and haven't had time to focus thier minds, so need to give them a little bit of slack!
not with deliveries getting later and later.most will have been up for hours by the time postie arrives.
who the hell invests £2 billion into a servic and makes it worse?????????????
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Dushku2309
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 16:05
- Gender: Male
- Location: Liverpool. Moyeside
Re: Sign AND print your name!
It's not the Postman's integrity that is at question here, it's the customers. Postman, I assume your self included, do indeed issue 'clear and concise' instructions on where and how to sign for an item. It's the customers inability to grasp these simple and unassuming details that is the most confusing element of this thread.taurus88 wrote:I don't have nearly as many problems with the signatures as many of you guys seem to have. I guess it goes to show that not all Postmen are retarded ... not all Postmen possess a fundamental inability to provide clear and concise instructions ...
Everything is laid out, literally in black and white. Yet, some people are just to ignorant or rude to digest these instructions. Some act like they don't like to be told what to do..and then are visibly upset when they cannot fulfil this simple task.
" Hiya, got a special deliver item for ya love, if you could just sign and print on number 2 for me ,please" . is clear and concise and does not require any further interaction , be it verbal or physical. There should be no need to say it again or indeed 'point' at the place to sign. These people are morons, who by all accounts should actually be dead by now if they cannot even understand a simple instruction on how to sign for an item..how do these people remember to look both ways, not stop at a red light or even remember to breath out again after breathing in. Morons..they deserve every bit of criticism they get.
-
mailman71
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03
Re: Sign AND print your name!
a few years back i had a fool handing back a letter because it was for the occupier and he said that was'nt his name.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Sign AND print your name!
I used to use the technique of saying "I need a signature" ... if they look a bit oddly, then "just for receipt so we can locate the package if asked".
At this point you hand the card over and say "could you print and sign ... [pause while they turn it around and pick up the pen] ... there please, on number 3".
I found that was the quickest method to get decent results with the pauses giving them time to think with a steady stream of information otherwise people can't process all the information and think they are signing their life away.
It used to piss me off greatly when the write their own incorrect time next to the box where I had already written it. Still, that was the poor design of the form.
At this point you hand the card over and say "could you print and sign ... [pause while they turn it around and pick up the pen] ... there please, on number 3".
I found that was the quickest method to get decent results with the pauses giving them time to think with a steady stream of information otherwise people can't process all the information and think they are signing their life away.
It used to piss me off greatly when the write their own incorrect time next to the box where I had already written it. Still, that was the poor design of the form.
-
Broxibearz
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 27 Jun 2009, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Sign AND print your name!
I had my bullet card on a clip board once & asked a guy to sign & print his name
he signed his name on the sheet then carried on printing his name on the same line but ran out of space
so printed the rest of his name on my clip board.
I rest my case
he signed his name on the sheet then carried on printing his name on the same line but ran out of space
so printed the rest of his name on my clip board.
I rest my case
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Sign AND print your name!
Today
I say to the customer that i require a signature for a packet
Hes says it must be a packet for his son.
He then asks me if i want him to sign his name or his sons.
Like im going to ask him to forge a signature.
I say to the customer that i require a signature for a packet
Hes says it must be a packet for his son.
He then asks me if i want him to sign his name or his sons.
Like im going to ask him to forge a signature.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
Post Off
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13
Re: Sign AND print your name!
How many times have you guys had the recipient of a recorded letter try to look (momentarily) on the actual recorded item itself for the place to make his or her print and sign, go? I always let them know in advance, after I have handed over said item that I need them to print and sign their name.
It doesn't happen too many times, but it always makes me laugh (to myself) when they do. Now, I try to slow things down for them, like saying, I'm going to need you to pop down the time first. It's 11:40. Now if you can print here.... Now sign here. Great! Thanks!
I think it's something about being caught out at the time, and not having experienced getting a recorded delivery before... Or maybe, they really are just dumb.
It doesn't happen too many times, but it always makes me laugh (to myself) when they do. Now, I try to slow things down for them, like saying, I'm going to need you to pop down the time first. It's 11:40. Now if you can print here.... Now sign here. Great! Thanks!
I think it's something about being caught out at the time, and not having experienced getting a recorded delivery before... Or maybe, they really are just dumb.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Sign AND print your name!
Signature first, surely?Post Off wrote:How many times have you guys had the recipient of a recorded letter try to look (momentarily) on the actual recorded item itself for the place to make his or her print and sign, go? I always let them know in advance, after I have handed over said item that I need them to print and sign their name.
It doesn't happen too many times, but it always makes me laugh (to myself) when they do. Now, I try to slow things down for them, like saying, I'm going to need you to pop down the time first. It's 11:40. Now if you can print here.... Now sign here. Great! Thanks!![]()
I think it's something about being caught out at the time, and not having experienced getting a recorded delivery before... Or maybe, they really are just dumb.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Sign AND print your name!
Unless the cards have changed then it's print first.Biker Mouse wrote:Signature first, surely?Post Off wrote:How many times have you guys had the recipient of a recorded letter try to look (momentarily) on the actual recorded item itself for the place to make his or her print and sign, go? I always let them know in advance, after I have handed over said item that I need them to print and sign their name.
It doesn't happen too many times, but it always makes me laugh (to myself) when they do. Now, I try to slow things down for them, like saying, I'm going to need you to pop down the time first. It's 11:40. Now if you can print here.... Now sign here. Great! Thanks!![]()
I think it's something about being caught out at the time, and not having experienced getting a recorded delivery before... Or maybe, they really are just dumb.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sign AND print your name!
I think they meant signature/print then packet - not packet then signature.DGP1 wrote:Biker Mouse wrote:Signature first, surely?Post Off wrote:How many times have you guys had the recipient of a recorded letter try to look (momentarily) on the actual recorded item itself for the place to make his or her print and sign, go? I always let them know in advance, after I have handed over said item that I need them to print and sign their name.
It doesn't happen too many times, but it always makes me laugh (to myself) when they do. Now, I try to slow things down for them, like saying, I'm going to need you to pop down the time first. It's 11:40. Now if you can print here.... Now sign here. Great! Thanks!![]()
I think it's something about being caught out at the time, and not having experienced getting a recorded delivery before... Or maybe, they really are just dumb.
Unless the cards have changed then it's print first.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Sign AND print your name!
I blame my stupidity on the drink....................that I'm planning to have tonightTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I think they meant signature/print then packet - not packet then signature.DGP1 wrote:Biker Mouse wrote:Signature first, surely?Post Off wrote:How many times have you guys had the recipient of a recorded letter try to look (momentarily) on the actual recorded item itself for the place to make his or her print and sign, go? I always let them know in advance, after I have handed over said item that I need them to print and sign their name.
It doesn't happen too many times, but it always makes me laugh (to myself) when they do. Now, I try to slow things down for them, like saying, I'm going to need you to pop down the time first. It's 11:40. Now if you can print here.... Now sign here. Great! Thanks!![]()
I think it's something about being caught out at the time, and not having experienced getting a recorded delivery before... Or maybe, they really are just dumb.
Unless the cards have changed then it's print first.![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio