ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's your philosophy towards work...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nobodyshero
Posts: 83
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by Nobodyshero »

Thorby Bislam wrote:When I joined it was one of the best jobs ever going. Now it's one of the worst. Decades of inept and corrupt leadership by successive management and governments have stuffed it up completely. Nothing I can ever do will make one iota of difference.

So why am I being blamed?
Apologies
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by BELIAL »

dvbuk55 wrote:
BELIAL wrote:Zero sense of achievement ,no sense of a useful job well done, nil prospect of adding to the sum total of human development or happiness. Making some fat cats even wealthier fails to stir my loins, I'm probably a weirdo :shhhhh
Aye there's no probably about it :chuckle :chuckle
:left: Still, I'm not alone :chuckle :chuckle
Bye
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by dvbuk55 »

BELIAL wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
BELIAL wrote:Zero sense of achievement ,no sense of a useful job well done, nil prospect of adding to the sum total of human development or happiness. Making some fat cats even wealthier fails to stir my loins, I'm probably a weirdo :shhhhh
Aye there's no probably about it :chuckle :chuckle
:left: Still, I'm not alone :chuckle :chuckle
Hey B there's nothing weird about dressing up at weekend - I always tell people I'm going to a Rocky Horror Show...............and they believe me :Very Happy
BT2010
Posts: 352
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by BT2010 »

arbeit macht frei
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8953
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by blue1873 »

BT2010 wrote:arbeit macht frei
Aye and look what happened to the folk
that passed through the gates with that
legend above their heads
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by smokerjim »

blue1873 wrote:
BT2010 wrote:arbeit macht frei
Aye and look what happened to the folk
that passed through the gates with that
legend above their heads
They might have been right though....cos this job will bloody kill us all if Moya & her chinas get their way :cry :dcfo :ncfo :vcfo
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
BettySwollocks
Posts: 346
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by BettySwollocks »

My philosophy towards work, for what its worth,
is that there are far worse jobs out there,
and worse still, if u were sacked / made redundant from RM, u would find it incredibly hard to have an application for one of those jobs accepted.
my sis' works for a job centre, she knows how i feel about working for this company,
but has stressed to me the fact, that there is nothing available out there, that will compare to Royal Mail,
by that, she means pay, job security etc, which in all honesty for an unskilled job, i have to agree that i would find it extremly difficult to find an employer offering a similar deal,
i know this will provoke some unhealthy responses, but it's how i feel,
and yeah, i know theres so many negative aspects of the job, low moral, bullying management, excessive workloads etc, but theres a ways and means of dealing with that if u are strong enough mentally to not allow yourself to be pushed around,
sadly, theres not enough people like that.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by fishtank »

I agree with you betty at the moment there are worse jobs.
It's just a shame that the two main things that contribute to that...pay and job security are about to go out the window. :wave
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Danelectro
Posts: 1058
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by Danelectro »

grow enormous testicles and engage the enemy,charge! :mad
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: What's your philosophy towards work...

Post by REDLETTER »

POSTMAN wrote:It's better than walking the streets.
It's better than pushing a trolley! :Very Happy

Sorry should be pulled in some cases!!!! :whistle