ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
-
perstop tray
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 18:30
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
Last edited by perstop tray on 26 Nov 2012, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
We could have a work to rule..... but make it pro rata?fishtank wrote:If you decide that industrial action is the way forward Lincox...then it has to be strike action.
In this type of job you could never hold a work to rule together long enough to make an impact and as belle pointed out it has a disproportionate effect on part-time members which i.for one couldn't endorse.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
BT2010
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
im in... i love srike action.

-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
I would be very happy to treat Leech Mail as Sc*b Mail as part of any work to rule.If only to hear that bloke from ParasitePost UK telling the media what nice people posties are. 
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
If there is a vote for IA , I would support it, but I really would like to know that there are clear objectives and tactics this time.
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
Work to rules really dont work , what if they then take someone off pay and they will , do we let them stay off pay ? no work to rules will lead to either unofficial action or people becoming scared and stopping working to rule.
We have seen this time and time again Streatham and Watford both the workers had to go to lengthy tribunals before they won their money back for being taken off pay for working normally.
We have seen this time and time again Streatham and Watford both the workers had to go to lengthy tribunals before they won their money back for being taken off pay for working normally.
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
One question I have is whether people think management are trying to provoke a strike, and if so to what purpose ?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
Classic clash.................don't turn up for normal shift hours, just come in and book overtime for those hours you usually work but don't get paid overtime for, I like it.clashcityrocker wrote:We could have a work to rule..... but make it pro rata?fishtank wrote:If you decide that industrial action is the way forward Lincox...then it has to be strike action.
In this type of job you could never hold a work to rule together long enough to make an impact and as belle pointed out it has a disproportionate effect on part-time members which i.for one couldn't endorse.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
I think management believe the members don't have the stomach for a fight and therefore believe that they are bulletproof.Wessex wrote:One question I have is whether people think management are trying to provoke a strike, and if so to what purpose ?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
If that is the case FT then they are taking a big gamble, and frankly is irresponsible behaviour.The CWU should broadcast that fact to the mediafishtank wrote:I think management believe the members don't have the stomach for a fight and therefore believe that they are bulletproof.Wessex wrote:One question I have is whether people think management are trying to provoke a strike, and if so to what purpose ?
-
AnotherLimey
- Posts: 751
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
After the 2009 strike and the s**t we have now i think they could be right, CWU better put out the propaganda exicise of the century to get a yes vote from the average bod.fishtank wrote:I think management believe the members don't have the stomach for a fight and therefore believe that they are bulletproof.Wessex wrote:One question I have is whether people think management are trying to provoke a strike, and if so to what purpose ?
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
Explain this please? Take off pay, for working your hours and nothing more? i do this now and have done for many years, so i don't get it?dingo wrote:Work to rules really dont work , what if they then take someone off pay and they will , do we let them stay off pay ? no work to rules will lead to either unofficial action or people becoming scared and stopping working to rule.
We have seen this time and time again Streatham and Watford both the workers had to go to lengthy tribunals before they won their money back for being taken off pay for working normally.
CUT OFF!!!
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
Its is one thing someone working their hours , its is totally different an whole office or as was being proposed an the whole country working to rule. Royal Mail will try and break it by fair means or foul and their tactic has been to take people off of pay until they agree to work normally and when they say normally what they were doing prior to working to rule. Now if an office sticks together then if a few of their mates are taken off pay then they will probably walk out to support them then that is unofficial and Royal Mail will probably get an injuction stopping further action.
If your in an office which does not stick together than after they taken the first few off pay the others will probably go back to working like they were previously to the work to rule.
Now the first example is something which Royal Mail have done in the past so its not made up and like I said the union won the cases at a tribunal but 12 months after the event.
If your in an office which does not stick together than after they taken the first few off pay the others will probably go back to working like they were previously to the work to rule.
Now the first example is something which Royal Mail have done in the past so its not made up and like I said the union won the cases at a tribunal but 12 months after the event.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
Let's face it Dingo as soon as the national union accepted local "s**t" the concept of collective bargaining was dead and buried. SO NAME THE PEC MEMBER WHO pushed this s**t 
Bye
-
Post Off
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13
Re: Royal Mail's Betrayal:London Divisional Committee
There doesn't appear to be an alternative to taking strike action. So strike action it must be...
Unfortunately, taking strike action in this day and age will only bring out the same responses from media, public and government we always seem to endure during these loss making times (to our pockets). This formula, in my view isn't enough in itself to do anything for our cause.
Quite a few peeps will only be looking out for themselves, while others will see this as an opportunity to earn some money at the expense of the rest of us.
What we've got to ask ourselves is, how effective can we make this strike action become? I haven't really got an answer, though I am thinking along the lines of a campaign. But since I have no personal experiences of campaigns, I am wondering that perhaps those at CWU & Unite, might?
You know, it might be strange to say this, but I'd rather not have the rest of the country go on strike for us Londoners, mostly because it heaps on more misery for them. I know there is strength in numbers, but those numbers outside of London might not be as focused as we are here in London with this thing hanging over our heads (though, not directly over mine, as such). I'm thinking along the lines of some separate action that doesn't necessarily lead to any loss of pay.
Unfortunately, taking strike action in this day and age will only bring out the same responses from media, public and government we always seem to endure during these loss making times (to our pockets). This formula, in my view isn't enough in itself to do anything for our cause.
Quite a few peeps will only be looking out for themselves, while others will see this as an opportunity to earn some money at the expense of the rest of us.
What we've got to ask ourselves is, how effective can we make this strike action become? I haven't really got an answer, though I am thinking along the lines of a campaign. But since I have no personal experiences of campaigns, I am wondering that perhaps those at CWU & Unite, might?
You know, it might be strange to say this, but I'd rather not have the rest of the country go on strike for us Londoners, mostly because it heaps on more misery for them. I know there is strength in numbers, but those numbers outside of London might not be as focused as we are here in London with this thing hanging over our heads (though, not directly over mine, as such). I'm thinking along the lines of some separate action that doesn't necessarily lead to any loss of pay.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/