ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

April bank holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: April bank holidays

Post by fishtank »

Has it ever occurred to you Jim that Hell would be the place full of NKOTB, The Carpenters, Brotherhood of Man, etc
That's the whole point of Hell.....it's Hellish. :chuckle
Maybe we should change our ways.....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: April bank holidays

Post by dvbuk55 »

smokerjim wrote:There's nothing wrong with the Devil's water, fact is the Devil always gets the best gear, best drinks, best music, best everything....still if you want to go to Heaven to rock out to NKOTB, The Carpenters, Brotherhood of Man, etc, then knock yourself out - me? I want Led Zep, Motorhead, Hendrix, The Stones....so I'm gonna be surfing on a lake of fire, hi-fiving Satan as I go, with a packet of smokes in one hand & a large drink in the other ImageImageImage
Have no fear smoker you will be in my prayers nightly...............I will save you from the jaws of hell, from all that gambling, illicit drink, loose women, loud raucous music and................. :hmmmm ................actually it doesn't sound too bad.................. :wave
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: April bank holidays

Post by smokerjim »

You want me to save a place for you? :hmmmm
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: April bank holidays

Post by dvbuk55 »

smokerjim wrote:You want me to save a place for you? :hmmmm
Well perhaps just for a long holiday.......
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: April bank holidays

Post by smokerjim »

dvbuk55 wrote:
smokerjim wrote:You want me to save a place for you? :hmmmm
Well perhaps just for a long holiday.......
Well I'm sure there are worse places you could spend a bit of time.......such as any DO going through a delivery revision with minimal consultation & maximum EA and B&H ( which we'll be getting soon enough in the race to kill the service :crazy: )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: April bank holidays

Post by smokerjim »

fishtank wrote:Has it ever occurred to you Jim that Hell would be the place full of NKOTB, The Carpenters, Brotherhood of Man, etc
That's the whole point of Hell.....it's Hellish. :chuckle
Maybe we should change our ways.....
You know the saying "The Devil has the best tunes"? Well I make that QED, anyway I can't see the God Squad putting up with Marylin Manson, Limp Bizkit, Led Zep, The Who, Rammstein, The Prodigy, Judge Dredd and others on my MP3 player
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: April bank holidays

Post by POSTMAN »

fishtank wrote:
youwot!!!!! wrote: i know a lot of alcoholics in carlisle.
It's very brave of you to come out youwot. :Applause :Applause
I'm proud of you.
One day at a time. :wink:
We need the senior RMCers to rally round him...................once he stops talking s**t that is.Image
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: April bank holidays

Post by Darren Bent »

Which days do we get off over easter and wedding weekend. (Is all these days plus Sundays)

Good Friday April 22
Easter Monday April 25
Royal Wedding Bank Holiday April 29
Early May Bank Holiday May 2
youwot!!!!!
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 582
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 14:45
Gender: Male
Location: oop north

Re: April bank holidays

Post by youwot!!!!! »

dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
youwot!!!!! wrote: i know a lot of alcoholics in carlisle.
It's very brave of you to come out youwot. :Applause :Applause
I'm proud of you.
One day at a time. :wink:
Bit of a blow that ft, I had him on my presents list for a bottle of 10 year old malt :whistle

make it 15 year malt and i'm in.
who the hell invests £2 billion into a servic and makes it worse?????????????
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: April bank holidays

Post by DGP1 »

youwot!!!!! wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
youwot!!!!! wrote: i know a lot of alcoholics in carlisle.
It's very brave of you to come out youwot. :Applause :Applause
I'm proud of you.
One day at a time. :wink:
Bit of a blow that ft, I had him on my presents list for a bottle of 10 year old malt :whistle

make it 15 year malt and i'm in.
I've heard that you'd do it for a bottle of Poteen :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: April bank holidays

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
youwot!!!!! wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
youwot!!!!! wrote: i know a lot of alcoholics in carlisle.
It's very brave of you to come out youwot. :Applause :Applause
I'm proud of you.
One day at a time. :wink:
Bit of a blow that ft, I had him on my presents list for a bottle of 10 year old malt :whistle

make it 15 year malt and i'm in.
I've heard that you'd do it for a bottle of Poteen :wink:
Don't take him up on that youwot - it tastes absolutely vile........made from potatoes I think and it smells :nervous