ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
drevil1969uk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 148
Joined: 01 May 2007, 19:36

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by drevil1969uk »

If we went on strike now wouldnt it be illegal?

we signed a deal promising not to strike for 3 years so therefore the already weak union really has no fight. What if we did go on strike and we broke the agreement, we could be sacked for unoffical strike action!

Would the union save our jobs? (even if it was loads of us)

Previous history of the weak union suggests we wouldnt have a job to come back to after a strike (my local reps are very freindly with management) Im still a member and know lots that have left the union, im very close to leaving and joining another union.
Last edited by drevil1969uk on 26 Mar 2011, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
BettySwollocks
Posts: 346
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by BettySwollocks »

drevil1969uk wrote:If we went on stroke now wouldnt it be illegal?

we signed a deal promising not to strike for 3 years
I'm not the most clued up on all this,
but it's the first i've heard that we signed a deal not to strike, and certainly wouldn't have supported or agreed to that !
can u link any info on this ?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

smokerjim wrote:"Yer know that M25, right? Anyfink norf ovvit, right, is a bloody norvenner.....flat caps, whippets, men in skirts, the whole shooting match, right? - civilisation as we know it, starts at Dover & stops at Garston in the norf & Ascot in the west ( although it cuts in a bit to exclude Slough, natch ), y'know wotta mean? Any decent Brit out of bounds, right, is to be celebrated, right, as they're on vital missionary work to convert the 'eathens in the sticks, right, into a decent way of life....a mission that works, right, due to the number of former 'eathens wot 'ave seen the light, right, and moved to civilisation inside the M25!"

I do hope that this will cease any potential hostilities between you, brothers - just let me know if my peacekeeper duties are required once again. :wink:
Mighty good of you to share your experiences smoker...........I'm sure brothermagrew , like myself, cannot wait to hear more of your transvestite encounters :wave :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by smokerjim »

dvbuk55 wrote:
smokerjim wrote:"Yer know that M25, right? Anyfink norf ovvit, right, is a bloody norvenner.....flat caps, whippets, men in skirts, the whole shooting match, right? - civilisation as we know it, starts at Dover & stops at Garston in the norf & Ascot in the west ( although it cuts in a bit to exclude Slough, natch ), y'know wotta mean? Any decent Brit out of bounds, right, is to be celebrated, right, as they're on vital missionary work to convert the 'eathens in the sticks, right, into a decent way of life....a mission that works, right, due to the number of former 'eathens wot 'ave seen the light, right, and moved to civilisation inside the M25!"

I do hope that this will cease any potential hostilities between you, brothers - just let me know if my peacekeeper duties are required once again. :wink:
Mighty good of you to share your experiences smoker...........I'm sure brothermagrew , like myself, cannot wait to hear more of your transvestite encounters :wave :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Trust you to think I was talking about you, but it was no tranny encounter, these, erm...gentlemen(? :hmmmm ) seemed to think that dressing up was a way of wearing traditional native garb....anyway, I wouldn't sound so bleeding smarmy if I was you, sunbeam, after all, you're a norvenner, like Robin Hood & his band of Merry Men, a group of men that liked wearing tights, while hanging around in woods, with only one woman around ( obviously not many fag hags back in the day ). I don't care who you are, that's deeply suspect right there :hmmmm :so there ( apologies to Larry the Cable Guy )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

smokerjim wrote:Trust you to think I was talking about you, but it was no tranny encounter, these, erm...gentlemen(? :hmmmm ) seemed to think that dressing up was a way of wearing traditional native garb....anyway, I wouldn't sound so bleeding smarmy if I was you, sunbeam, after all, you're a norvenner, like Robin Hood & his band of Merry Men, a group of men that liked wearing tights, while hanging around in woods, with only one woman around ( obviously not many fag hags back in the day ). I don't care who you are, that's deeply suspect right there :hmmmm :so there ( apologies to Larry the Cable Guy )
:d'oh! Oh no - outed by a cockney budgie smuggler.....................the everlasting shame......well not everlasting I'm over it now. :wave
ihatedogs
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 547
Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by ihatedogs »

[quote="pinstripe"][quote="chunk"]
/
Last edited by ihatedogs on 29 Dec 2014, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by brothermagrew »

dvbuk55 wrote:
smokerjim wrote:"Yer know that M25, right? Anyfink norf ovvit, right, is a bloody norvenner.....flat caps, whippets, men in skirts, the whole shooting match, right? - civilisation as we know it, starts at Dover & stops at Garston in the norf & Ascot in the west ( although it cuts in a bit to exclude Slough, natch ), y'know wotta mean? Any decent Brit out of bounds, right, is to be celebrated, right, as they're on vital missionary work to convert the 'eathens in the sticks, right, into a decent way of life....a mission that works, right, due to the number of former 'eathens wot 'ave seen the light, right, and moved to civilisation inside the M25!"

I do hope that this will cease any potential hostilities between you, brothers - just let me know if my peacekeeper duties are required once again. :wink:
Mighty good of you to share your experiences smoker...........I'm sure brothermagrew , like myself, cannot wait to hear more of your transvestite encounters :wave :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Always happy to read about or hear more of smokerjim's :roll: encounters :roll: dvbuk55, I at first thought he had been drinking bottles of meths ;liar but then changed my mind as he is on a peace keeping mission. Suppose I should be lucky that he has never heard of Antonine's Wall :pray
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

brothermagrew wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
smokerjim wrote:"Yer know that M25, right? Anyfink norf ovvit, right, is a bloody norvenner.....flat caps, whippets, men in skirts, the whole shooting match, right? - civilisation as we know it, starts at Dover & stops at Garston in the norf & Ascot in the west ( although it cuts in a bit to exclude Slough, natch ), y'know wotta mean? Any decent Brit out of bounds, right, is to be celebrated, right, as they're on vital missionary work to convert the 'eathens in the sticks, right, into a decent way of life....a mission that works, right, due to the number of former 'eathens wot 'ave seen the light, right, and moved to civilisation inside the M25!"

I do hope that this will cease any potential hostilities between you, brothers - just let me know if my peacekeeper duties are required once again. :wink:
Mighty good of you to share your experiences smoker...........I'm sure brothermagrew , like myself, cannot wait to hear more of your transvestite encounters :wave :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Always happy to read about or hear more of smokerjim's :roll: encounters :roll: dvbuk55, I at first thought he had been drinking bottles of meths ;liar but then changed my mind as he is on a peace keeping mission. Suppose I should be lucky that he has never heard of Antonine's Wall :pray


I believe they are legend :hmmmm or is that leg end with fishnet stockings :chuckle
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

I watched that new film "The Eagle" where it is reported the 9th Roman Legion disappeared in Scotland.................what would happen to those softy southerners I wonder :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle What exactly is the ingredients for haggis :cuppa
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by brothermagrew »

Ingredients
1 sheep's stomach or ox secum, cleaned and thoroughly, scalded, turned inside out and soaked overnight in cold salted water

heart and lungs of one lamb

450g/1lb beef or lamb trimmings, fat and lean

2 onions, finely chopped

225g/8oz oatmeal

1 tbsp salt

1 tsp ground black pepper

1 tsp ground dried coriander

1 tsp mace

1 tsp nutmeg

water, enough to cook the haggis

stock from lungs and trimmings


Ah the good old Legio Nona Hispana (Ninth Spanish Legion) was a Roman legion alleged to have disappeared in North Britain in about AD 117. Is the film worth watching?
Last edited by brothermagrew on 26 Mar 2011, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by fishtank »

Stop it brother you're making me hungry....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by smokerjim »

brothermagrew wrote: Always happy to read about or hear more of smokerjim's :roll: encounters :roll: dvbuk55, I at first thought he had been drinking bottles of meths ;liar but then changed my mind as he is on a peace keeping mission. Suppose I should be lucky that he has never heard of Antonine's Wall :pray
Of course I have heard of it, and very grateful of it too....it trained the Teuchters into not straying too far south ( The civilised peoples of London & the south east often go on missions to convert the heathen peoples.....but there are some heathens that are beyond our redemption ). Brother Magrew would be so kind as to meet with me to discuss how close to civilisation you are.....don't forget to bring the haggis & 80/ with you :wink:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

I would say the film is worth watching and the recipe for haggis is far too complicated for someone who just about manages beans on toast - though believe it or not my butcher is an award winning haggis maker - absolutely true...............not quite plucked up the courage to try it though.............and having read the ingredients I think I'll give it a miss :chuckle
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by BELIAL »

Big faggot ?
Bye
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: WILL YOU STAND BY THE C.W.U. ?

Post by dvbuk55 »

BELIAL wrote:Big faggot ?
There is no need to get personal B :sad: :chuckle :chuckle